My Weight Loss Journey

Thanks Groovy/LoopeyLou and Funcurls- It is a size 12, but I don't fit in size 12's in every shop, but still happy :) I'm getting ready for my trip to Spain in August, so bought a few more things today in M&S - can't wait until I go and show off the new me to friends and family!

Very limited food today as had a bad morning (emotional wise), so didn't feel like eating anything. Was more in the mood for some retail therapy instead

Green Day:
Breakfast-2 pears
Lunch (at the shopping mall)- Baked Potatoe with Baked Beans
Snack- Activia FF Yogurt
Dinner: 6 Ryvita WG CrackerBread (HEB)with Quark, Wilted Spinach, Salt and Fresh Pepper
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB), 2 mini twisters (4 syns)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: None

Last edited:
Lost 2 lbs this week! So happy!!

...And co-won slimmer of the week again with someone in the group. My group was the smallest ever! (only 5 people in total - shocking!)

I was a bit aprehensive about this week because this weekend I had 2 hot chocolate drinks (I put a lot of nesquick powder in my hot chocolate drink- about 3 tbsp!!).

It just shows how you can still enjoy your syns and lose weight. I am over the moon! 2lbs loss!!! wooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! soooooo haaaaaaaappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going for my half-stone sticker next week. I need to lose 1.5 lbs to get it.

How did you girls do this week?

That is what I love the most about this diet is the syns we can still have and lose weight! Well done on your loss this week!

loving your work honey xxx looks like even though you have been having a not so good day - you have managed to stick to plan - well done xxx

Thanks Ellebear! It really could have ended up being one of those days where I just would sit in and eat all the junk in site, but really helped to get out of the house and have a breather.

Thanks Meli. I think the scales were generous with me this time. OooH.... you are gonna see your friends and family soon... Are you nervous? excited? do you reckon they'll be in shock? I can't wait for my turn! ... maybe next summer?

Thanks Meli. I think the scales were generous with me this time. OooH.... you are gonna see your friends and family soon... Are you nervous? excited? do you reckon they'll be in shock? I can't wait for my turn! ... maybe next summer?

Well my family know I'm on SW and have seen some pictures, but it's different when you see someone in person, so I think they will be in for a shock. I sent my parents the SW book about 4 months ago and they have also lost weight, so we may well both suprise each other :) The friends we have there don't know at all though, so can't wait to see their reaction! Now I'm hoping to be able to stick to plan while I'm there half of the time at least, but will wait until the time comes closer and see what happens. Have your family seen any pictures of you since your loss?

Well looks like we are off to London tomorrow night until Sunday night, so really need to get some stuff together to take with me, otherwise will definately have a gain (I always do when I go there, except for 1 time- but that time I took things with me). Taking ziplock bags with me of cereal, AH cous cous, Ryvita WG CrackerBread, SuperNoodles FatFree, Alpen Lights, can of baked beans, green tea and will probably just buy some fruit and yogurts there. The only problem is that we always move from house to house (as my OH has so many relatives there), so may just have to keep things in the car and grab them from there. Oh yeah can't forget my own water as I hate the taste of water in London!

Anyways let me see what's on for today (besides more shopping for gifts):

Breakfast: 2 pears, 42g All Bran (HEB) with 220ml Skimmed milk(HEA)

Lunch- Bowl of Veg Soup and a 2 egg omelette with peppers and onions

Snack- Activia FF yogurt and 1 clementine

Dinner: Grilled Fish (HEB) with SW Potatoe Wedges and Corn on the Cob with Lemon/Salt/Pepper

Snack- .5 pot of Quark with Skinny Cow Hot Chocolate (2 syns), Alpen Light (3 syns) with Green Lemon Tea

Exercise: None (walking the mall counts?)

Last edited:
Wow thats some impressive SW planning for your weekend, hope you have a lovely time hunny
xx

I've got to otherwise can easily put on 2lb in one weekend with all those nice curries, briyanis and desserts that OH's family makes!

Yesterday ended up changing to a RED day for dinner (which is fine as I had a neutral breakfast and lunch) because I really fancied having a nice big slice of the fish instead of having to weigh a small portion. It was well worth it too as that Catfish was so tasty! Ended up having a salad on the side instead of the corn and SW chips.
Off to London later today, but as we're leaving late will have mostly all my meals at home today.

Green Day-
Breakfast (EDITED) - 2 pears with a Omelette with peppers, onion, corn
Lunch (EDITED)- Big Bowl of Veg Soup + 1 Warburton wholemeal toast (.5HEB) with Chickpea dip
Snack- Activia FF yogurt, 2 clementines
Dinner- Cannellonis (2 HEA's)(taking whatever is left with me too) with Salad
Snack (on the way to London/or once we reach there)- Mixed Fruits in a ziplock bag, 3 WG CrackBread (.5HEB) 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Tea with Lemon, Frozen Curly Wurly (6 syns?)

Water:1.0 litre (don't want to have to stop on the way to go to the toilet)

Have a good weekend everyone and hope to be able to connect sometime while I'm there :)

Last edited:
Have your family seen any pictures of you since your loss?

Nope. None at all. You are right in what you say - it's different to see a picture and to see the person in real. Doesn't the camera add on weight? lol!

You parents have lost weight too, that's great! My mum has lost weight. And also my OH has lost 1 stone without doing anything - just 'cos we changed our cooking style for SW. He still drinks 10 cans of larger on Fridays and 10 cans on Saturdays - and that's a lot of calories. But can you believe it? even though he enjoys his treat at the weekends, he has still managed to lose weight effortless? I hate him.

I used to live in London. Too many people - I am glad i moved out. lol! Did you buy what you wanted? Don't they have these things in Spain? They must have. Do they have a Slimming World in Spain?

Nope. None at all. You are right in what you say - it's different to see a picture and to see the person in real. Doesn't the camera add on weight? lol!

You parents have lost weight too, that's great! My mum has lost weight. And also my OH has lost 1 stone without doing anything - just 'cos we changed our cooking style for SW. He still drinks 10 cans of larger on Fridays and 10 cans on Saturdays - and that's a lot of calories. But can you believe it? even though he enjoys his treat at the weekends, he has still managed to lose weight effortless? I hate him.

I used to live in London. Too many people - I am glad i moved out. lol! Did you buy what you wanted? Don't they have these things in Spain? They must have. Do they have a Slimming World in Spain?

Men seem to lose weight much quicker without much effort.
The things I mentioned above I brought with me to London to avoid temptation.
So far have not been too bad. Yesterday stuck to plan, today had the following:

Breakfast- 1 fried egg, baked beans and 1 wholemeal toast (.5HEB)
Lunch- SuperFree Low Fat Noodles
Snack- 2 pears, 10 Mikados (5 syns)
Dinner (this is where I went a bit overboard)- Roasted Chicken with Rice and Raita
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB), 3 Ryvita WG Crackbread (.5HEB) +3 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (3syns) + Green Lemon Tea

Water:1.0 litre

After a good day yesterday, wish I could say the same about today, but unfortunately it turned out being a half day off plan.
Breakfast- 1 pear, 1 banana, 1 asian sweet (no idea how many syns)
Lunch- none- this is awful, but was so busy going from house to house and we knew we were going to have a blowout at night
Dinner- Invited to a 2nd year surprise anniversary party of OH's cousin in a posh restaurant- Food was amazing!!! Had .5 popadum with mango chutney, Grilled Lamb, Chicken, Kebabs and 1 Naan and a small bit of chicken and lamb curry. Didn't have the fresh cream cake though, but that didn't matter as I overdid it later.
Snack(on the way back from London)- Curly Wurly (6 syns), 50g of Doritos (cool ranch- no about 12 syns), Mikados (4 syns) and at home- Mini Twister (2 syns)

Water: 1 litre

Argghhh... after so much planning went off plan for half the day!!! Let's see what the scales show tomorrow night. :cry:

Last edited:
Hey Melibabes, good luck for WI!! Try not to focus on the bad 'half day' (and get it into perspective, it was just half a day!) and think of all the good days and how many brilliant days you've had in the past 35 weeks!! Tons, which have got you where you are today!! XXX

Thanks Funcurls and you are right, but I have to admit that first thing I did this morning was pop on the scales and it is still showing a loss, but we'll see at WI later as my scales sometimes show different. Good Luck on your WI today too :)

Was really great going to London as it's been over a month since I was last there (for a family wedding) and they can tell a difference in my weight already. Now am no longer the biggest one in the family and can actually fit into other people's clothes incase I need to wear some of their clothes for a last minute event or going out. It definately feels good, but need to keep going and keep motivated!

Sticking to Green today:
Breakfast- Magic Porridge (Shapes Yogurt with Oats So Simple sachet) (HEB)
Lunch- Vegetable Soup with 1 wholemeal toast (.5HEB)
Snack- Activia FF yogurt and 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Dinner (after WI): Egg, 2 Quorn Sausages and SW chips with Ketchup (1 syn)
Snack- Mango and a 2 Mini Twisters (4 syns)

Water:1.0 litre

Last edited:
WI Results: STS, so need to be good this week to get a loss. Really need to keep drinking enough water as I haven't been too good with that. About 4 more weeks to go until my holiday, so onwards and downwards......

Red Day today:

Breakfast- 2 pears, 42g All Bran (HEB) and 220ml Skimmed Milk (HEA)

Lunch (before we hit the mall today)- 6 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (HEB) with Crabmeat/Quark/Cucumber/Salt/Pepper Dip

Snack- 2 Quorn Sausages, Activia FF yogurt, mango

Dinner:Veg Soup (leeks, carrots, red peppers, onion and celery with curry powder) and Roasted Chicken
Snack- Alpen Light (3 syns) with Green Lemon Tea, Mini Twister (2 syns)

Last edited:
just passing through Meli :) good luck for next week - you can pow pow pow the pounds off then!!! xxx

Stuck to plan yesterday, but was hungrier than usual. Could be * week coming up soon, so need to have some more fruit around to nibble on if I get any cravings.
My friend sent me a pic we took in Dec 2007 and gosh you could really notice a big difference and it's inspired me to keep motivated (Thanks again if you are reading this Eli)!
Going to try a few more Red days this week:

Breakfast: 2 pears
Lunch- Crabsticks with 6 WG Ryvita CrackerBread (HEB)
Snack- Activia FF Yogurt, Mango
Dinner: Bowl of Veg Soup, Pack of Prawns
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Tea with Lemon, 2 Mini Twisters (4 syns)

EDITED my food as I wasn't able to eat that much today as I had planned earlier.

Water: 1.0 litres
Exercise: Walking the Mall

Last edited:
No te desesperes guapa que la próxima semana perderás. Yes, try red days. That's what I am doing.

4 lbs off for me this week and won slimmer of the week. Very pleased.

I went through a red phase and it did seem to work!! I think the last 1 1/2 stone could be testing for both of us and it's important to vary things to keep our bodies on their toes!! So I'm also going to enter a red phase!! Dammit, I bought 6 packets of Pasta n Sauce today!! LOL!XXX

Back