My Weight Loss Journey

Stuck to plan yesterday and really enjoyed the Quorn Mince and the Courgettes were lovely. Actually ended up making them like SW chips and they tasted so nice. Will definately be making them again.

oh yum......sounds lovely will def try this as courgette plants in garden are in overdrive,lol! will be nice to try something new.

good luck with avoiding temptation at the wedding x

Stuck 100% to plan yesterday and felt full- thank goodness I'm back to my green days and seems like * week is coming to an end- meaning less cravings.

Wedding to go to tonight, so have to be realistic. Although my plan is to have one of the kids with me and feed them, I know I'll probably end up having a little, so might as well plan ahead and enjoy the healthier selections. As they will probably have a lot of grilled chicken, fish, lamb starters it is probably a good idea to have a red day today.

So...plan today is:
Red Day-
Breakfast- Scrambled egg with spring onions and peppers and fried mushrooms on the side
Lunch- Vegetable Puree with 3 Ryvita WG CrackerBreads (.5HEB) with 6 Crabsticks
Snack- Activia FF Yogurt and Blueberries
Snack before Wedding which starts at 7pm- 2 clementines + 1 Alpen Light (.5 HEB)
Dinner (at Hall)- Grilled Starters and Salad

Other HEB and syns to be decided after Wedding

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: 20 mins bike (didn't get to do this yesterday)

Last edited:
A really good day yesterday. For breakfast yesterday added some cheese as well in my omelette to use my HEA and it was gorgeous! Will definately be making that again. Now for the wedding dinner menu- stuck to the grilled starters so had 1 lamb kebab, 2 pieces of roasted tandoori chicken, fish and loads of salad with some yogurt and coriander chutney. Only had 1/4 of a naan and just 1 tsp of the chicken curry and 1 of the lamb one just to try it. There was a chocolate fountain there, but I resisted and had the fruit on there without the chocolate. So didn't do too bad at all considering all the food that I avoided. Thank goodness that is done and over!

Today is a Lazy Green Day and sticking to easy prepared things:

Breakfast- 42g AllBran (HEB) with 220ml skimmed milk (HEA) with blueberries
Lunch- Egg, Baked Beans and SW chips
Snack- Activia FF yogurt with 2 clementines
Dinner: AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous (.5syn) with 2 Quorn Sausages and Mushrooms
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB), 2 Mini Twister (4 syns), banana

Water: 1.5litres
Exercise: arm exercises, situps

Last edited:
Wow Meli, I think you did amazingly well at the wedding party!! Not many people would have been able to resist the chocolate fountain completely! The fruit was a really good move!! I bet you felt great afterwards! You'll defo be rewarded next week big time!! I love cheese in my omlettes! I do it a lot, although this week I'm loving my Weetabix with fruit and skimmed milk! I think it's because I'm trying to use up strawbs, grapes and bananas before we go away on Thurs!! Back to the cheese omlettes, I do like cheese inside it so it melts, but I've also taken to laying 28g cheese on top of the omlette when it's nearly set, flipping it over so that the cheese is basically frying at the bottom, until it goes all golden and crispy!! Mmmm I love that so much it's tempting me to have it for lunch instead of my smoked mackerel salad!! LOL! Nooo I'm looking forward to my salad as I'm doing hardboiled eggs to go in it! Maybe I'll whip a cheese omlette up tonight for tea, but I'd have to syn the cheese as I've already spent my HEXa! And it would mean quite an eggy day! Hmm decisions decisions!!X

Wow Meli, I think you did amazingly well at the wedding party!! Not many people would have been able to resist the chocolate fountain completely! The fruit was a really good move!! I bet you felt great afterwards! You'll defo be rewarded next week big time!! I love cheese in my omlettes! I do it a lot, although this week I'm loving my Weetabix with fruit and skimmed milk! I think it's because I'm trying to use up strawbs, grapes and bananas before we go away on Thurs!! Back to the cheese omlettes, I do like cheese inside it so it melts, but I've also taken to laying 28g cheese on top of the omlette when it's nearly set, flipping it over so that the cheese is basically frying at the bottom, until it goes all golden and crispy!! Mmmm I love that so much it's tempting me to have it for lunch instead of my smoked mackerel salad!! LOL! Nooo I'm looking forward to my salad as I'm doing hardboiled eggs to go in it! Maybe I'll whip a cheese omlette up tonight for tea, but I'd have to syn the cheese as I've already spent my HEXa! And it would mean quite an eggy day! Hmm decisions decisions!!X

The worse thing is that my kids just couldn't get away from the chocolate fountain and OH was away chatting with people so I was the only one going with them. Think what put me off as well is all the kids licking and putting their sticks back in and the mess around the table as I didn't want to get my dress dirty, so just made a few sticks for the kids and just layered my sticks with pineapple, strawberries and grapes and avoided the donuts! Also helped that some people came up to me with compliments and one even said I looked 10 years younger--so that topped it off and kept me away from all those temptations.

Now about the cheese...don't know if it is just me, but it really made me think I was having a pizza when I had my omelette yesterday! Will try the cheese on top next time and do it like yours as it sounds yummy!!! PS- Decisions are good- go for what you are craving ;)

That is great - can't believe you resisted the chocolate fountain. I don't think I would have!!! Good for you! I don't have cheese on my omelette but I have had it before and loved it. I guess I'd rather save it for something else such as pasta.

Another good day yesterday and went to see The Karate Kid with my son (which was a funny experience as I had the lady next to me commenting through most of the movie and explaining the moral of the movie afterwards) and just took along my Alpen Lights and some Pepsi Max to keep me from nibbling on the other bits my son had. Didn't know that Ben and Jerry's had a Low Fat Chocolate Brownie ice cream, but I imagne that it is still really high in syns??? Movie was nice and Will Smith's son was pretty good at the acting (looks just like his dad).
Surprise Surprise have some guests coming over tonight...but determined to stick to plan.
Green Day today:

Breakfast- 42g All Bran (HEB) + 220ml Skimmed Milk (HEA), 1 pear
Lunch- Courgette and Potatoe Soup with 3 Ryvita WG CrackerBread (.5HEB) with Chickpea Dip
Snack- Activia FF yogurt and 2 clementines
Dinner- Mushrooms with Pasta and 2 Quorn Sausages
Snack- Frozen Grapes, 2 Alpen Lights (.5HEB + 3syns) + Mini Twister (2 syns)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: None

Hello! Hope you dont mind me reading your diary. Saw your comment about Ben & Jerry's and found this...

Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Low Fat Frozen Yogurt 100g

extraeasy.gif
9 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 9 Syns
green.gif
Green 9 Syns

Probably not worth it for only 100g! :p

well done you keeping to your snacks in the cinema!!
and ooooo i dont think that ice cream is worth 9 syns!

-½lb off for me! booo! how have you done this week Meli?

Hello! Hope you dont mind me reading your diary. Saw your comment about Ben & Jerry's and found this...

Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Low Fat Frozen Yogurt 100g

extraeasy.gif
9 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 9 Syns
green.gif
Green 9 Syns

Probably not worth it for only 100g! :p

Aww thanks for looking that up...didn't think it would be low syn, so good I skipped it. Please do keep reading and commenting on my diary :)

-½lb off for me! booo! how have you done this week Meli?

I'm probably not weighing in until either next Monday or this coming Saturday as I got weighed last Saturday for the Monday before which is when I had the 4lb gain. I am hoping for a loss though for my next WI- so fingers crossed.
A loss is a loss, so well done!

Thanks! (i've been scoffing chocolate biscuits to help me cope!) Oh dear... lol! I'm going to the gym tomorrow and I'll be back on track. I promise!

Thanks! (i've been scoffing chocolate biscuits to help me cope!) Oh dear... lol! I'm going to the gym tomorrow and I'll be back on track. I promise!

No se como voy a resistir los churros en Espana, pero voy a tener que hacerlo. Ni quiero pensar cuantos syns tienen????? Espero que ya paso le del scoffing y que estes en plan de nuevo :)

Another good day yesterday and resisted the lovely meal I made for the guests. A busy day today as I need to go finish shopping for gifts for my trip.

Green Day:

Breakfast- 2 large conference pears and 42g All Bran (HEB) with 220ml skimmed milk (HEA)
Lunch (at the mall Spuds place)- Baked Potatoe with Baked Beans
Snack - 2 clementines, 1 Alpen Light (3 syns)
Dinner- Grilled Chicken Breast (HEB) with Refried Beans and Salad with Tesco Lite Ceaser Dressing (1 syn)
Snack- Activia FF yogurt with a handful of blueberries, Mini Twister (2 syns)

Water- 1.0litre
Exercise- walk the mall?

No se como voy a resistir los churros en Espana, pero voy a tener que hacerlo. Ni quiero pensar cuantos syns tienen?????

I love churros and hot chocolate!!! You have to have them! You cannot go to Spain and not have them. I don't know how many syns but why not have a flexible day?? I know I'm supposed to tell you otherwise but to be honest with you, if it makes you happy and you know it's a one-off then why not?

I love churros and hot chocolate!!! You have to have them! You cannot go to Spain and not have them. I don't know how many syns but why not have a flexible day?? I know I'm supposed to tell you otherwise but to be honest with you, if it makes you happy and you know it's a one-off then why not?

You are right and guess I should enjoy them while I'm there. I even have the machine to make them at home, but haven't made them this year :)

Another good day yesterday :) Not sure whether I'm weighing in tomorrow or waiting until Monday. Probably best to WI tomorrow, so I can get weighed again before my holiday. I really am hoping for a good loss.

Green Day today:
Breakfast- 2 pears, 42g All Bran (HEB) and skimmed milk (HEA)
Lunch- Quorn Sausages, Corn on the Cob and finish off Refried Beans
Snack- Activia FF yogurt and blueberries
Dinner: Chickpea Rice with Raita (yogurt with chopped tomatoes, onions and cucumbers, salt, pepper)
Snack- Green Tea with Lemon and 2 Alpen Lights (HEB), Mini Twister (2 syns)
Not sure if I will be able to fit more syns in today

Water: 1.0 litres?

Another 100% day yesterday. I was hoping to go WI today, but OH had to go and take his car for servicing. Will wait until Monday now to get weighed. Getting more excited about my trip now and can't wait- 9 more days to go!! Shopping is almost finished, but looking for a mini MP3 player for my dad to listen to music on the beach. Currently looking at the Apple Ipod Shuffle, but if anyone knows any other good one which may be cheaper please let me know.

Green Day today:
Breakfast- Omelette with Spring Onions and Peppers and .5HEB of cheese, 2 pears

Lunch- Courgette and Potatoe Puree and 3 WG Ryvita Crackerbread (.5 HEB) with Chickpea dip

Snack- Activia FF yogurt + 2 clementines

Dinner: Canelloni (have been craving these - 2 HEAs) with side Salad with Dressing (1 syn)

Snack- Frozen Blueberries, 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea and 1 Mini Twister (2 syns)

Water: 2.0 litre (have a Ultrasound scan today so will have to drink 1.5 litres before I go for it)

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Had a few more syns than usual yesterday as I had 4 mini vegetable spring rolls. Not sure how many syns they were, but I really enjoyed them :) Today was a crazy day and up and out of house since 8am, then came back to have my breakfast, then out again, then came back to have my lunch, then out again and now finally back home! Back is killing me from walking so much, but at least I got some Body Optimising in today :) Every little helps for WI tomorrow night!!

Green day today:

Breakfast- Bowl of strawberries and blueberries
Snack (bought while shopping)- CocoPop CocoRocks Cereal Bar (not sure how many syns, but I remembered that they were one of the lower syn ones) EDITED: 4 syns for ceral bar and pepsi max
Lunch- 6 Ryvita WG CrackerBread (HEB) with spinach and quark, 2 clementines
Snack- Activia FF yogurt
Dinner: Prawn (.5HEB) Stir Fry Vegetables with 1/2 pack SuperNoodles Fat Free
Snack- 1 Alpen Light (.5 HEB) with Green Lemon Tea, Mini Milk (2syns)

Water: 1.0 litre
Exercise: Walking

Last edited:
Back