Step 1 Sole Source My Weight Loss Journey

yorkiepud

Well folks!
Here I am, 17st 8lb and I wouldnt say unhappy or miserable but I really think that I need to do something about this sooner rather than later. Like most on here I have given faddy diets a go and failed miserably. I did Lighterlife for 3 months a few years ago and got on great with that but as soon as people started to notice I was like WOW! I look great I can go back to how I was before; needless to say I am heavier now than when I first started that! I gave up for cost. Tried cambridge but it didnt fit into my lifestyle at the time. So here I am! No more excuses! There is only me to blame if anything goes wrong.

I have oooooodles of slim clothes buried away in my wardrobe from back before I put all this weight back on (I think too much alcohol and stress is a culprit but im past that now) focused and motivated. Im exercising (although I prob shouldnt be) I am hopefully in the zone for my first weigh in on monday!

Todays been ok so far, swim (i know this is not allowed on SS but i have last night to get rid of!) I had a cappachino shake for breakfast and a chilli soup for lunch. I need CHOCOLATE (shake) for tea!

I aim to post at least once a day to keep my motivation levels high! Feel free however to post to spur me too on and help me stick to my challenge! and for anyone out there that needs a buddy! do not hesitate to drop me a line! I have no goal yet and aim to stay SS to the end (apart from a pre organised ball and a wedding... which i hope to be at least 2 stones lighter by)

For now! Good luck in your goals everyone and remember! nothing tastes as good as slim feels! eeeek!

YP x

Hi YP

I guess am in a similar boat - clothes of varying sizes that I refuse to throw/give away, have tried various diets and plans and got to a point where I felt like i needed to do something! I started yesterday and by about 3pm was almost ripping my hair out - felt starving! I'm doing SS+ and nothing tasted better than my 200 cal dinner last night! Went to bed at 9pm as was just hungry and couldnt focus on the TV; getting in bed and reading for an hour though was quite therapeutic.

Yesterday I tried the apple porridge, pre-made strawb & banana shakes - porridge is going to be a no-no for me but the pre-made shakes weren't bad. Plus had a hot mint-choc this morning and really enjoyed it. Going to be trying a hot choc-orange for my lunch. Also, found this yesterday http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/2518-recipes-foodpack-muffin-crisps-fudge-cake.html - had some good ideas for different things to do with the packs and also with the drink supplements - I fully intend to have a go at making the ice lollies!

Anyway, hope today is going well for you... I definitely feel better than yesterday!

Jen :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah well! Day 1 went good! Day two, 6pm and I'm all good! Not strayed once! 3 litres of water nailed and just about to have my third shake! Going to try fruits of the forest! Ironing tonight as a bit of distraction and hopefully an early night! Spoke to LB from dual dynamics today! Very motivational! Reckons I can get to 10 stone! He's gonna work out how long it's gonna take! Eeeeek! 10 stone! Omg! Hope I keep my boobs! ;0)

Of course you can get to ten stone ! Vigilance at all times and keep positive. No cheats.

I lost almost 2 and a half stone on CD in 8 weeks - taking me to 9 st 12 . In May 2011 I was 15 st 3... So proof that you can achieve!

And I agree - fruits of the forest was one of my favourites : )

Hi and welcome :) good luck with your weightloss journey :) x

Thanks slimming girl and gretagrip! Just having my first shake! Iced cappachino! Deelish! Having a day spring cleaning the kitchen cupboards so hopefully burn a few calories! Slept amazing last night and I usually suffer from insomnia! :0) still a wee bit tired this morning but nothing a siesta won't fix! Positivity remains for today! Whoop! Have a good day everyone!

YP xxx

Hi Yorkie Pud - are you on day 3 now?? I am... it's got better as the days have sloooowwwlllly dragged by this week but feeling more positive than i was by the afternoon on day one!

Good going - keep it up! :clap:

Have you tried the choc-mint flavour?? LOVELY hot... like a thick Options hot chocolate - worked wonders for me yesterday morning and set me off in a positive mood. The choc-orange this morning was OK too though not quite as good

Am on day 3 myself so feeling your pain.... Good luck and hope the rest of your day goes well!

Thanks frizzy Jen. May have it hot for bedtime. :0) just having oriental chilli soup. Everything is so nice made with a hand blender! X ah we are on the same time we could motivate each other! Do u have a diary? X

YP xxx

Was the chilli soup nice? I'm going over to see my CDC tomorrow to swap my porridge for something else - have got the veg soup at home (which I haven't tried yet) but was thinking of opting for that one if it was any good.

Yeh have my diary : http://www.minimins.com/cd-weight-loss-diaries/292950-ss-wedding-bliss-hopefully.html

Also, take it the cappucino flavour was good? Read about someone having a vanilla one hot but then adding a spoonful of coffee to make a latte which I thought I might try at some point but maybe an iced capp is a better option...

Are you on the SS (3 shakes only)?

His! Yeah 3 products a day! Soup was yum and the iced cappachino tastes like a costa grappa chino (without the cals!) let me know what u think xxx

Ah well! Had a cheeky midweek weigh! 2 blooming lbs! Wish I'd not bothered!can see why they say don't weigh! Had a bit of cottage cheese last night so that's off my list now! Gonna try stick to soul source where I can! Motivated today ! If I feel I need more I might just take an extra pack! (I bought spares) only on 3 a day!

Think I expected a bit more but a loss is a loss I guess! Extra motivation I guess! Here's to a good day! Ps choc orange and ice blended! Yummy! Xx

YP xxx

I weighed in last night for the first time (8lbs off!) and I have to say -it feels like more than 8lbs to me in terms of my stomach being flatter, my clothes fitting better......I lost 7lbs in my first week of WW and didn't feel any different in my clothes! So, its definitely more than what you see on the scales! Having said that, its still early in your first week.....keep with it and it'll so be worth it!

Wow nikie that's great! Can't wait to have that less bloated feeling! Yeah it's still early! Guess they say a pound a day average! I'll wait for breakfast! Pace it out! X

YP xxx

Back