My weightloss diary :)

FionaMcd

Gold Member
Have been on slimming world since November 2011 and till may I kept losing and gaining the same 4lbs but I gave myself a big kick and to date have lost 17lbs!! Recently been having little sweet cravings. I have just scoffed 3 packs of nature valley honey and oat bars too yummy!! Ok so as of tomorrow I'm on this 100% measuring and counting everything I have to and I'm gonna chuck a couple of red days in a week to mix things up :). I have to look good at my cousins wedding on 10th November so as much off as possible will be the best ! X

So today is weigh in day at slimming world. I'm hoping for a pound off to get my club 10 if not its my own fault for going off the rails and this is a totally new week anyway!!

I lost 0.5 and got my club 10 which I was ok with as it's star week and I was way over my syns a few days last week.
This week I'm going to try success express.
Breakfast 2 bananas
Lunch baked potato with chicken and sweet corn salad
Dinner diet coke chicken with rice and salad
H ex a milk
H ex b
Syns galaxy 15

Thanks very much. I am trying this success express lark hopefully kick start things as I was overenthusiastic and told my consultant I wanted to aim for 3lbs off this week. Seriously upping the super free and going to dust off my workout videos

Breakfast oats with tiny splash milk and chopped banana
Lunch none I chose to have a nap instead
Dinner spagetti bolognaise
H ex a milk
H ex b oats

Last edited:
I'm not sure if my spagetti had enough super free for a success express day but I'm gonna have a banana as the portion was only very tiny so maybe just maybe I'll get away with it?? X

This morning I started off well with small coffee then a big mug of hot lemon.
Breakfast melon pineapple and banana
Lunch potato and butternut chips
Dinner beef stirfry
H ex a milk
H ex b 30g muesli
Syns galaxy (15)

Last edited:
Changed my mind for an extra easy day only reason I'm ok having a sausage for one syn but I draw the line at 4!!!! So back on success express tomorrow :) x

Dunno how it would translate to SW syns, but what I've had this week for a sweet treat/afternoon snack were low GL applejacks they're super easy, you take 170g jumbo oats two small apples, 4 dates, 3spoons Agave nectar and 5 spoons coconut oil. Melt the coconut with the Agave, chop up the dates and mix with the outs, add a tap cinnamon, blend the apples then mix all together. Bake until firm and cut until squares. They keep nicely in a plastic container for a week.

Maybe they work as a sweet treat? I've had them for afternoon tea break at work

One of the supermarkets here has a great health food section, the coconut comes in jars. You really hafta price compare, because the supermarket I but it in charges 6EUR and H&B charges 16EUR for the same size jar. Make sure it's virgin and non hydrogenated. The Agave comes in a squeezy bottle, its kinda dear but goes a long way, cos you don't need much. I'd try the local health food shop.

I did extra easy today so I could have my sausages at one syn but I still put 2/3 of super free hoping for a 3lb loss this week I have star week going on but normall the water weight (bloat ) settles down a couple days in!! Fingers crossed.. X

Aaaaargh went over syns big time yesterday not even sure why I think to be honest it was boredom but i have drawn a big line under it and I will be on plan 100% today :) x

So far today :

Breakfast none
Lunch spagetti bolognaise
Dinner chilli pork steaks mash and salad
H ex a milk
H ex b
Syns galaxy 15

Drank 1.5litres of water too :) go me tonight I will have a cup of hot lemon to flush my system out. X

Good luck - sounds like you're making a determined effort .

One thing that struck me as I read your food intake - and that was the amount of carbs. Now, I know that SW had a love of the carb ( something I will need to work round when I use it as my new template for eating when I reach my goal weight hopefully soon! ) but you may give your weight loss a jolt if you try and avoid the carb for every meal. So - if you have cereal for breakfast, avoid a jacket potato and then pasta for dinner - for example. I'm pretty sure you'd see that 3lb gone before you know it.

Just my tuppence worth

Thanks for writing. I'm trying so hard to cut down on carbs I'm not a real bread or cereal lover so it's the pasta and potato I need to watch out for. Do you have any suggestions that I could try instead? Sometimes I make butternut squash chips they are lovely. I'm having 1/2 to 2/3 super free on my plate x

Sweet potato are a good alternative to normal potato. Butternutsquash is really lovely chopped in cubes, roasted in the oven with some herbs, if you get bored with the mash :) you could also try wholewheat pasta, better carbs than normal pasta

Back