my weightloss journey from start to finish

harriet

THIS IS MY PLEDGE TO MYSELF AND TO MINIMINS!!
ive decided to cut back by going very low fat
cutting out biscuits, sweets, cakes etc UNLESS there is a special occasion (and they dont come round too often)
to cut back on the amount im eating
trying not to eat between meals or if im really hungry to have fruit or lf yogurt

keep up the exercise and increase as and when i feel it necessary
walk the dog at least twice a day

Start Date: Thurs 16 July 2009

Last edited:
Good for you Harriet and I think you will be very happy with yourself and so will your dog with all the walkies!
animal-smiley-037.gif

Love Mini xx

thanks mini. i thought id weigh myself perhaps once a month or something otherwise i know ill get bogged down with the numbers more than is healthy

its just too easy for me, to be obsessed with things so i thought this would be a good way to lose my extra pounds

is this similar to what your doing and how are you finding your weight loss journey?

harriet

start day tomorrow...excited and nervous

i will weigh myself tomorrow and then weigh again in exactly one months time ..anything less and i know ill be weighing myself far too much cause its too easy to get carried away...ive even removed the scales from the bathroom so i wont be tempted! sad but true :)

ill update tomorrow

i weighed in at ? lbs which im fine with, could be worse and ive set myself a goal of the end of this year to lose ? lbs which i think should be attainable?! :)

usually every christmas i cook dinner and last year, my sister in law said she would do it so, as long as she doesnt forget lol ill be wearing the slinky new dress im gonna buy to her christmas day celebrations!

shopping for something new is always a good thing to look forward to :)

Last edited:
Harriet, good luck today! You sound very determined and have set yourself a good goal. I also noticed you and I are the same height and wanting very similar weight goals.

Keep my posted with how you are going, it will be good to be thinner by Xmas! What are you planning to eat today?

Bren
X

well this morning ive had yogurt and raspberries and a cereal bar for breakfast. lunch ive made a little salad with quorn, pickle, cucumber and celery with two crispbreads and an apple..no idea for dinner yet, see how hungry i feel i guess?!

im off to the gym after work so looking forward to that :)

just had some raisins, walnuts and hazelnuts for a snack..surprising how full they make you feel and it conquered my craving for chocolate!

Last edited:
how are you losing weight bren?

I've restarted CD. i tried to get my body and mind into gear again with Calorie Counting and exercise but just couldn't make my body respond to it. i did CD last year for 5 weeks and then thought no worries I can do this now on my own.... but really I cant and just want to get back to life and feeling happy in my skin. CD will just get me there and the maintenance plans are actually how I like to eat anyway. See a councillor once a week really does help me at the moment, felt impossible to do this on my own this time.

Fingers crossed I can be at goal and maintaining by the end of Oct. I plan to begin moving up the plans when I reach 152 lbs.

How are you going food wise?

Bren
X

ah CD. i did LT earlier this year and lost a fair few pounds but now im doing it the hard way lol

ive fallen off the wagon but picking myself back up today...everything is fine until i go home..i get in the kitchen and thats it, bam, all good intentions seem to fly out of the window!

still today is another day and i know once ive completed just a day or two of being sensible, ill be fine again..its just doing it!

weighed this morning just to see how things were going and 2lbs down so pleased with that cause was pretty much a disaster at the weekend but back on track and feeling positive which can only be a good thing right? :)

just thinking aloud really but im wondering whether to go back to being vegan again...i was vegan for about 3 years due to a lot of stomach problems and that i couldnt eat a lot of foods...milk, cheese, eggs etc.

i still cant eat eggs or milk as they make me sick but i do eat cheese sometimes..this of course can easily be substituted with vegan alternatives, some of which are lovely, others not so :)

anyway the other thing was, i couldnt eat chocolate either because of the caffeine and milk but i have been 'punishing' myself and still having a bit as and when i wanted it, subsequently giving myself a bad stomach.

yesterday i purposely stayed off it to check again if its better without, and yes it most definately is..so thats it i guess...vegan chocolate only on special occasions! ah well could be worse

ive recently joined a website which you can log info into and it calorie counts for you and im enjoying doing that. in the past ive found it restrictive but its a different website and i like it a lot more and finding it v easy to keep to :)

(thank you iris - inadvertantly doing that!) :)

are you going to buy your dog anything too for xmas?:D

i weighed in at 174 lbs which im fine with, could be worse and ive set myself a goal of the end of this year to lose 27 lbs which i think should be attainable :)

usually every christmas i cook dinner and last year, my sister in law said she would do it so, as long as she doesnt forget lol ill be wearing the slinky new dress im gonna buy to her christmas day celebrations!

shopping for something new is always a good thing to look forward to :)

well ive found this thread and thought id bump it up cause im ready to have another go starting 1 dec! weight loss seems to be going no where and im fed up with just wearing just a few items of clothes that fit me now and im definately not going to go out and buy something as ive got masses of stuff which is crying out for me to put it on...only they dont fit me yet, though they did before last year (all those size 8's and 10's and good quality stuff too) so ive got to do something about this now. i think my boss thinks ive only got two things i can wear cause thats all i seem to wear into work and hes nearly right lol

i was going to start in the new year but im going to start myself off gently, start to go back to the gym and get more exercise again as ive found that once i get going, i get into it again, its just initially i find it a bind..but thats just me lol

food wise, im really not sure how to go about it this time..just cutting down on the sweet stuff will be a start i think :)

h x

any advice would be great, thanks guys x

Harriet,
great to see you back and with a fed up mind to drive you. What better motivation hey!

I couldn't do CD again and have just joined WW last week, 1st WI tomorrow. I have found it incredibly easy and hoping that the scales will be kind at WI! Aiming for 2lbs a week.

Bren
X

hi bren, long time no see! its being in the right frame of mind isnt it...dont have that you might as well not bother!

i hope your first weigh in goes well, im sure it will :)

Thanks hun, me too! HA

Yeah I have been having counselling since Feb and it's only in the past 6 weeks that I have managed to reopen my mind and allow myself to approach life an food differently.

So are you cooking dinner this Xmas or your sister inlaw?

Bren
X

lol well its me again. i offered and she sent me back an email saying yes please cause she knew we would find it hard to get down to hers on christmas day (she doesnt live that far away!) excuses excuses me thinks lol

still should be a good day hopefully :) i actually had to wrap a few pressies earlier in the week cause my other sister in law is coming down to see us and wont be down again til after christmas and theyd be too heavy to send in the post...i had to make myself do it lol

Back