My Weightloss journey!

Starry.Eyed

I am new to this site, so Hi! :)
I'm Latisha, 20 years old and desperate to lose weight.
I joined slimming world nearly 2 weeks ago, and I LOVE this diet. So far I have lost 4 pounds and I am very happy!
I just want somewhere to rant really. There is the odd moment when I just want some chocolate, or I get it into my head that a mcdonalds will be fine.
My one main aim when joining SW was to change the way I see food. I used to be quite a compulsive eater, I'd binge like a piggy when I wasn't even hungry! Since meeting my boyfriend I have gained 2 stone, and I just want rid of it. It's like I've only just noticed it. I looked in the mirror one day and didn't recognise myself. I see photos and I think 'I Don't look like that!'.
So yeah, this is just my place to rant. I've loved reading other diarys, it's so nice to see the progress. It gives me a little bit of hope, that this is actually possible!
I weigh in on a thursday and I will update as often as I can!
XxX

Hey Latisha :)

I know exactely what you mean...i have a 'skinny mirror' it never shows me how i really look lol then when i see a photo of me i think, omg im huge!...I've only been doing sw for 3 weeks (4 on thursday) and have also lost 4lb. Your doing great so far....good luck and look forward to keeping up with you in your diary :) x

Welcome to minis Latisha, I hope you find having a diary helps. We love a good rant and others diaries are brill for tips/ideas/recipes :D xxx

Thanks guys :) I love this website! I'm not getting very much support from anybody else. They are all very negative about it. They think I'm stupid spending £5 to go and be weighed. But it isn't just about that for me, and I think its worth it anyway!
I'm struggling with meal ideas at the minute, and my consultant has said that variety is important :(. I've found a few on here that I am going to have a go at. I am quite picky when it comes to food so what with certain things being cut out, I'm finding it hard and end up eating jacket potato everyday!
It's weigh day tomorow, god that comes around quick! So I shall try to be extra good today! I'm hoping for 3 pounds and then I can get my half a stone sticker! I would love that. I would feel like I've really achieved something! We will see! xxx

I was hoping for the 3lb off tomorrow too for the halfstone...good luck to us both!! altho im not very hopeful, altho ive been real good this week, i feel like ive eaten way to much to lose lol. My problem before was not eating enough, so ive mad e a real effort to have 3 meals this week. ive done myself a meal plan for the week, based on the food ive got in. Its definately helped! I also dont eat enough fruit/veg so ive bought more this week and like todayim doing a shepherds pie but instead of mash on top im having a carrot and swede mash...then doing parsnip chips to go with it.

Try writing down a list of all the meals you do like....you might be suprised at how many there actually is, then make a plan for the week and shop from your plan (works out cheaper too with only buying what you need)

Best of luck hun, and let us know how you get on tomorrow :)

Aww I know what you mean! When I first started and didnt really understand it properly, I kept eating salad for my lunch, and because I work at a chippy :O (I know, it is sooo hard) I would just eat rice and peas. Not good at all. It took me about 3 days to get into it. And i couldnt believe it worked, it was once I started eating proper meals that I started to lose the weight! I don't feel like I'm dieting, its so good!
Hopefully we can do it! I'm just going to eat small meals today I think! And not snack! I've seen your diary, I'll check out your loss tomorrow! What times your class? Mines half 7 :( I feel so bloated by that time!
I need to do a food plan actually, I've noticed so many people on here do it. I'll try it for next week, and then I can just do one big shopping trip. I end up going to the shops 3 times a week or more, because I don't have anything in! I spend so much more that way!
There's coke in the fridge at the minute, not mine! But that was my one love before joining SW, and I'm finding it quite hard to stick to my sugar free lemon haha! I'm guessing the boyfriend bought it, and is therefore EVIL!
I'll have a mooch through recipes now and I can go do a shop this weekend! Thanks :D

My weigh in is at 7....but we are well and truely snowed in with over a ft of snow...2 ft in some places and more expected today so im not sure if group will be on lol. Coke was my biggest thing too, its all i drank, about 6/7 cans a day. I swapped it for pepsi max but still wasnt loosing much so last week my consultant said she thought it was cause all i was driniking was pepsi and nothing else, i needed to drink water....so this week iver really tried, ive had 2 cans since friday and the rest of the time ive just had juice. Ive had some cracking headaxhes from it tho!!....How on earth do you manage this with working in a chippy....the smell is enough to makje me crave and cave in lol

So, weigh in last night went very well :)
5 pounds off! I am so pleased, I was hoping for 3, so that was a nice surprise!
Had a bit of a binge last night, got in and had pizza! ARRGHH, only 2 slices, but i still felt pretty bad about it. And i had an oreo! Bad times. Back on it today though! I think it's time for a shop. This fruit gets quite expensive!

wow way to go!! thats a fab loss...and well done on your 1/2 stone shiney :):) My group got cancelled cause of the snow but according to my scales i lost another 2lb...but mine may be different to the group ones so im not taking it as gospel lol...hate having to wait another week to find out tho lol

Keep it up hun your doing great!

Thankyou! It's spurred me on a bit, I was getting a bit fed up.
Well done on your loss, i read on your diary that youve not been so good this week! So thats a good loss!
I'm getting worried about Christmas now, it seems to be creeping up quite quickly! I don't know how well I will manage with all the temptation!

Thanks Valerie!
I've had such a bad weekend! Since thursday night really, i've just not been in the mood. I seem to be craving chocolate and sweet stuff! Yesterday, went to the german markets in manchester, and couldnt resist the pick and mix. I ate half the bag :O. I do not know whats happened. I have a feeling its since getting my advent calendar. It's given me a taste for the naughty stuff! Before then, I hadn't had any treats, used my syns for things like sugar and margerine! Never mind!
So i have 4 days to bring it back, and get focused again. I'm just trying to get motivated by reading through recipes and other peoples posts!
I think i'll be really pleased with just a pound off this week!
I'm going to make some pasta with some tomato sauce for lunch, and then I have soup that I made yesterday to take to work with me!
I really need to be more adventurous with the food I am eating!

Weigh in yesterday was really good. I got a 2 pound loss, which I was dead pleased with considering the week ive had.
Had nandos last night, and a twirl :( My bad. I think i need to stop having these thursday treat nights, but I'm hoping to get fully back on track today. New week and all.

I didnt stay to meeting last week, I got slimmer of the week! :) So i got another sticker to add to my collection last night!

I feel like I am learning all the time. Last night made me realise how important it is for me to stay to group, because it keeps me in the right frame of mind. Last week i walked away with a 5 pound loss and I think i thought I could just have an easy week.
Another thing I've noticed aswell is that I am weighing myself all of the time, which is fine, but I find that if im doing well, i'll let myself off with maybe a few more syns, or another biscuit. So as of today, my scales are in my boyfriends car. Not to be touched. I think that fear of not knowing the outcome will make me be extra good. I won't want to turn up and get a gain.
So yeah, I am pretty excited about this week. I'm feeling a lot better than I have in a while. I think because I can see the difference its making!

hi starry.eyed well done on losing another 2lb u've had a great start, i think it's a good idea to put scales out of temptation i used to be on mine all the time but if i knew i had a loss it made me eat junk cause i thought i deserved it and if i had put on would be peeeed off then ate to make myself feel better (which of course it never did) i was going to class but had to change to another one but don't like the leader so am not going anymore so will be weighing at home again but i am only going to go on the scales once a week cause i know it has such a negative effect on me, keep up the good work and hope u have a good day xx :)

Your not the only one that hasnt managed to stick to plan hun...but todays a new day and we can both get back on it :)

Im also a nightmare for jumping on the scales all of the time!! Altho i dont let it effect what im eating, it just makes me feel like crap lol. Its a habit im finding hard to break though, but my son is changing to a healthy eating plan with me, only with more treats as he is only 8 and need the extra things. He is a big lad though and really needs it, so i need the scales as he has his own weigh in every week with me :) i should really concentrate on using him as my boost for sticking to this plan

Good luck chick you will get there, your losses have been great so far, keep it up :)

Hi Girls, Im new on here too so I will probably be joining in your rants! I used to go to weigh in with a friend but she has given up now so I am on my own so I joined this site for a bit of support really because I dont get it anywhere else. Its probably my own fault because I have tried a few times in the past but given up but not this time!

Well done on the 2 lb loss, thats terrific!

Thanks guys! Hi Jonesy! I'm a Jones too! :)
I'm not feeling very confident this week. My scales are locked away and im just feeling dead frumpy! Im used to weighing myself a few times a day (stupid, i know) and without that re-assurance, im just getting all panicked that im not going to lose. Weigh in this week is going to be really scary for me.
I've not had enough water or fruit over the weekend! Back on it today though. Going shopping tonight, so I'm going to try and stock up on stuff that lasts. I'm fed up of being at the supermarket everyday for fruit! I'm trying a SW califlower cheese tonight. Fingers crossed, theres only 28g of cheese in it, so im sceptical! We will see!

Well, the cauliflower cheese was strange. It was natural yoghurt, a beaten egg and cheese. It was nice tasting, but it wasnt a sauce. The Cheese was all lumpy! I would eat it again i think though, it was a nice change!
It's weigh in tomorrow! This week has gone so quickly. I am excited though, with not having my scales i am hoping it will be a nice surprise! I am hoping for 3 pounds, i don't know if that's too ambitious though. By the looks of things losses slow down, but i really really want my stone sticker! :) I'm so sad. I live for those things!
Can anybody tell me how to get a picture on here? This site baffles me sometimes, makes me feel like an old lady!
Oh, and also have you seen the SW website, it has all been updated! It's so much better!

Weigh in day is here! God, how quickly has this week gone! I'm excited this week though, which is strange. I can't wait to find out what ive lost, ive been so good this week! Weekend wasnt so good; i didnt drink enough water or have enough fruit at all. But i think ive made up for it since monday.
I REALLY REALLY want a 3 pound loss, just so i can get another sticker!
I hate waiting around all day. I try not to eat anything, as though its really going to make a difference. Very silly i know!
As much as i am looking forward to christmas, i kinda can't wait to get it over with. It will be really nice to just eat whatever I want. Christmas day if i want a biscuit, im having one! I really don't care! But i just feel as though it can be a fresh start after new year! It seems as though at the minute Christmas and all the parties and yummy food are looming and I am constantly thinking about eating!
The best thing i've read on here was to take one day at a time. I just keep trying to remind myself of that. If i have a bad day, forget about it! And if i'm struggling with the lack of chocolate and baddd stuff, it makes it easier if i just think about that one day. Not that i'm never going to eat it again. Just today i choose not to :)
It helps me a lot anyway!

Back