My yummy fish & chips tonight...

StaceyUK

Gold Member
All for 2 syns! On a green day so had chips, mushy peas and some haddock as a HEX B. Dipped the fish in a beaten egg then dusted with seasoned flour (2 tsp flour with seasoning salt and black pepper), fried in frylight for about 3 mins each side then sprinkled with lemon juice. The malt vinegar on the chips went so nicely with the mush peas. Yum!

Attachments

• IMG_3395.JPG
    IMG_3395.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 624
I'm going to Staceys for tea! Looks lovely hun. xxx

All for 2 syns! On a green day so had chips, mushy peas and some haddock as a HEX B. Dipped the fish in a beaten egg then dusted with seasoned flour (2 tsp flour with seasoning salt and black pepper), fried in frylight for about 3 mins each side then sprinkled with lemon juice. The malt vinegar on the chips went so nicely with the mush peas. Yum!
Looks really nice Stacey, have tried a few of your recipes & they've been really nice, you should be paid by SW to develop new recipes!!

Did see a recipe a little while back...have't tried it, but on EE someone used either Polenta or couscous as breadcrumbs on the fish,really liked that idea so thought I might give it a go.

Looks really nice Stacey, have tried a few of your recipes & they've been really nice, you should be paid by SW to develop new recipes!!

Did see a recipe a little while back...have't tried it, but on EE someone used either Polenta or couscous as breadcrumbs on the fish,really liked that idea so thought I might give it a go.

What a fab job that would be! That, or a chocolate taster.....hahaha! And yes, I read someone was going to try with the couscous. I haven't used couscous yet as a substitute for breadcrumbs. Must remember to try that! Have to give props to Minders though as she was the one who suggested dusting fish with flour!

I would'nt bother Loobs, I bet the lot's been demolished lol:)

Too right! LOL! Was gone in about 5 mins!

I would'nt bother Loobs, I bet the lot's been demolished lol:)
Thats fine Nanny, i will find out when shes making it again lol.

Stacey - your SW chips look gorgeous. Do you have your own special way of cooking them.? I just cant seem to get them good at all. :mad:

I cut up Maris Piper potatoes and parboil for 5 mins. Drain and then leave in the colander for about 5 mins to get dry. Put them back in the pan and shake a couple of times (although usually when I shake them in the colander they get roughened up enough). Preheat oven quite high - about 220 or so. Spray a pan with Frylight and spread them on. Sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Spray generously with more Frylight (about 20 sprays probably). Bake for about 10 mins, remove and spray generously again with more Frylight, and bake for another 10-15 mins.

This picture always makes my mouth water!!

I peel the potato and then slice it 3 times lengthways and then slice up those pieces - I still end up with some wedge shapes from the end pieces but the middle ones turn out chip shape!

that looks lovely can i ask what the 2 syns are for - having a senior moment. I'm following the extra easy plan. And thanks for the tip about how to get the potatoes chip shape i knew i was doing something wrong i can still never get them cooked teh way you have them looking

I think the syns are for the flour that Stacey rolled the fish in. Jx

PS/ my friend made fish cakes and coated them in couscous (think it was a James Martin recipe) she said they were gorgeous!

Back