Nail and hair supplement???

Silica Complex from Holland and Barrett Dee but if it's for the hair loss i'm not convinced as i have been taking it a while and my hair has been coming out for a few weeks now. I was taking it while on TFR and then after.
Maybe it is good though and the new healthy hair is what is pushing the other out! x

I suffered from some hair loss whenI was on it the first time and at one point it even stopped growing. It's growing back now and I look like a hedgehog when I've washed and dried it as it alll sticks up. My hairdresser told me that she felt that my hair was getting a lot thinner but that it's getting better now.

After how long did it stop falling out? I'm wondering when it stops, and hoping it will be soon before it all goes! x

I've no idea Lesley, as I always lose some hairs when brushing and I wear my hair in a ponytail quite often so that will increase hairloss too.

You can start taking a supplement to help boost regrowth. You will need to take a supplement for three months to show any result.
Hair loss on TFR is common. It will regrow and will take some months depending on how much you lose.
I did TFR for about 26 weeks. My hair was getting quite thin and kept thinning for another six weeks or so afterward. I took a hair supplement but I don't think it hurried up the regrowth. My hair is fine again and as good as ever.

I am ok with the loss.... It was worth it... just looking for something to give it a bosst now i'm off LT.... Not that i ever remember to take these things lol.... x

I am worried about the hair loss bit...haven't had too much so far tbh. But as the year end looms closer I worry about will it all fall out by my wedding next August??? Can we take the supplements whilst on LT or does it knock you out of ketosis?

As was going to have a good old trim next month to sort my hair out for next year...forgetting about the hairloss bit with this diet. x x x

Yep, you can take supplements but personally I'd wait till nearly at goal.

I'm wanting to go back blonde.... but not till next summer.... so i'm having a relatively short cut and i'm going to keep it a wee bit darker for now!!!

Next summer is going to be a new me!! x

This is my BIGGEST fear oh god my hair is thin enough without losing more :( I noticed the other day a lot of hair coming out but don't no if it is normal and im just freaking myself out thinking im losing more :( any advice on things to take is much appreciated ! was suppose to ask the chemist this on Sat but forgot x

You do lose between 80 and 100 strands of hair a day anyway.... So try not to worry.... When i went to the hairdressers they said my hair was very fine but in greay condition.... hopefully it will thicken up!!! I have to say tho.. its been worth it... i have said recently... i would rather be bald with saggy skin than in an early grave....because thats the way i was heading!!! x

I bought Silica complex from holland and barrett about in a month ago in the penny sale (got to love a penny sale) first day trying it today so will keep you informed if it seems to make any difference

I've got that Lilac. Not convinced it has made a difference with my hair as i was taking it on TFR and also now. However, my skin is definitely looking good, lol! :)
This is my BIGGEST fear oh god my hair is thin enough without losing more I noticed the other day a lot of hair coming out but don't no if it is normal and im just freaking myself out thinking im losing more any advice on things to take is much appreciated ! was suppose to ask the chemist this on Sat but forgot x
Don't worry, stress will make it worse! If it will happen it will happen and just remember that nobody on here has mentioned going bald so it does stop at some point hun. I'm yet to discover where it stops but thats what i keep telling myself! x

Dee and all - just an update, Biotin is what helps more than anything else so i have been reading!
An online company called Bodykind do it at a decent price x

I called LT to ask if I can take a supplement for hair loss because mine has DEFINITELY got much thinner (it was very thin to start with). They suggested I wait till I have finished 100% before I take it! I agree though ladies, it can be a worry. Although you get sooo many compliments when you get near to target, that maybe they don't even notice my hair :D lol

I wouldn't wait Linda i would start asap! They seem to give conflicting info about this one. I was taking the Silica tablets on TRF and it didn't affect my losses at all.
Hoping my Biotin arrives tomorrow :)
79 pounds, well done you! x :bighug:

When i went into Holland and Barrett they recomended the silica complex.... but it takes about 3/4 months to get in your system.... I wish i'd started taking it earlier!! But ahh well... X

Back