Nail help please!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Tracie Green, 20 February 2009 Social URL.

1. Tracie Green

Tracie Green Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi all, does anyone know what i can eat/take to make my nails stronger? they are seriously like paper at the moment!! weird?? what does that mean>??:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. airgirl

airgirl Gold Member

It could mean anything hun, usually the weather plays a big part, nails like vitamin d to keep them strong as we lack sunlight this time of year nails and hair tend to suffer.

The only thing i would suggest taking is the perfectil vitamins, they are fab for nails, also apply a hardner or strengthner...sally hanson do good ones, and in the mean time keep your nals filed short to avoid ripping further down, and look after your cuticles.

If you have had any kind of acrylic or gel applied recently this can weaken the nails, so avoid that and let your nails breathe themselves.....sorry this is such a rushed answer but hopefully it helps.xx

4. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with Air Girl about the Sally Hansen strengtheners. Tesco sells them. I use them every couple of days and then once a week use one of those 4 sided emery things to file - with a gentle file - and buff so dead loose cells are removed and air can get in to them and my cuticles.

After years of c**p nails, I can now wear nail polish (my son is shocked because I tend to wear blue, purple and green rather than reds - bless him!!)

Last edited: 23 February 2009
  5. LadyHelen

LadyHelen No Coffee, No Workee

Start Weight:
    19st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.39%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Another agreement for the Sally Hansen stuff - I use the Diamond Hard one and it makes my nails absolutely rock hard and really strong - they don't bend or break at all. It does mean it hurts like a ba$tard when you break one, though - just a warning!

6. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    It can be a sign of deficiency, I'd take some multi-vitamins and minerals as well.

7. Tracie Green

Tracie Green Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks guys, i do take a multi vitamin, i reakon its the time of the year!! hhmmph x x come on summer!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.