Nearing the End

oxfordruse

This Time It's Personal!
Hi all

I haven't posted in a total age, though I've been lurking like a lurky thing and reading others' posts. I'm writing this because hopefully someone might read it who needs that extra push, or a reassurance that you don't have to have the perfect SS experience to achieve your goals.

God knows I've read enough of those posts on here during my dark hours, and they've been literal lifesavers. It's what Minimins does best.

So anyway: I've been getting a bit lachrymose recently because I'm coming to the end of my SS journey. Next week my BMI will be below 25 so I'll be moving on to actual foodstuff omghowexcitingwtfbbq.

I can't say it's been a smooth ride. I've had a couple of aw-f**k-it moments since I last posted, where I've had some (really unhealthy) food. But I'm glad for that blip now - perfection is always a little too scary to contemplate. The bump has definitely added to my own sense of who I am as a person and helped my realization that an all-or-nothing mindset can't last forever without an eventual spectacular supernova of self-destruction.

So I've grown while I've shrunk. And now I'm ready. This week I've already been having some chicken or a tomato here and there because I can do that ever so casually now without it being an issue or a major executive decision that I go postal about for hours on end.

I've detoxed my body, sure... but I've also detoxed my mind.

Next weekend I'll be going away for a friend's birthday, and I'll eat and drink for this inagural event on my newfound social calendar. When I come back, I'll be having a mix of packs and meals.

And it's not an issue now. It doesn't scare me because I'm ready for food to be a part of my life again without it becoming my life entirely.

I'm definitely not a laconic person but I'm stumped when trying to describe the million facets of my life that are now better.

I've got a new job because of my renewed self-confidence, and I'm ready to embark on the Parliamentary career I've wanted for so long.

I've not only got a new wardrobe but a new style, because I wear things I wouldn't have worn before, and I don't see nice beauty products as being pointless anymore.

I've surprisingly become a warmer person. Forget that fat-and-jolly stereotype - it's balls. I took my misery out on others. Now that side of me is gone.

I'm a hell of a lot richer - CD is the cheapest way to a new you that I know of.

And in gazillions of other ways, I'm happier. The final stumbling block in my life has had its ass kicked.

So thanks, CD, for saving my life. And thank you, Minimins, for saving my life all over again.

Good luck to you all. :)

Wow -congratulations! you absolutely inspire me!

I can't say it's been a smooth ride. I've had a couple of aw-f**k-it moments since I last posted, where I've had some (really unhealthy) food. But I'm glad for that blip now - perfection is always a little too scary to contemplate. The bump has definitely added to my own sense of who I am as a person and helped my realization that an all-or-nothing mindset can't last forever without an eventual spectacular supernova of self-destruction.

I love this bit as it is so true! I've been there too... Your journey is so inspiring, exactly what we need to hear, it's stories like this that keep me motivated when I want to jack it all in! Thank you for posting and goodluck (not that you need it..:) ) in your last phrase of this journey and in your new job, very well done!

very moving, well done and good luck for the future

Scousemouse,

LOOK AT YOUR TICKER!!! BLOODY HELL WOMAN WELL DONE!

Bren
X

Ps. I started CD 2 days ago and hoping to be where you are in 6 weeks.

Hi Oxfordruse, thank you for posting.Good luck with your new job and maintenance.You sound as if you have grown in the best way as a person due to your journey. You know what you want and how to get where you want to be XxX :0)

thanks for that amazing post - and WELL DONE !!

enjoy the new you :D

Debz xx

I must say I had to use the dictionary to understand some of the words you used! But, well done you seem to be on the right track and certainly have achieved what you intended with your post; I am truly inspired.

Good Luck:party0038:

A totally inspiring post which brought a tear to my eye, in situation such as these a simple well done never seems enough. Thank you so much for sharing journey as I am sure it will inspire many.

xxx

Thank you oxfordruse for that amazing post - im on 4th week of SSing and sometime sthing aww balls to it but thank god im on day 6 and havent wavered, apart from the odd bit of chicken which has stopped me eating the wrong stuff!

I hope what you have wrote is a simillar post i will be writing at goal.

Hi all

I haven't posted in a total age, though I've been lurking like a lurky thing and reading others' posts. I'm writing this because hopefully someone might read it who needs that extra push, or a reassurance that you don't have to have the perfect SS experience to achieve your goals.

God knows I've read enough of those posts on here during my dark hours, and they've been literal lifesavers. It's what Minimins does best.

So anyway: I've been getting a bit lachrymose recently because I'm coming to the end of my SS journey. Next week my BMI will be below 25 so I'll be moving on to actual foodstuff omghowexcitingwtfbbq.

So I've grown while I've shrunk. And now I'm ready. This week I've already been having some chicken or a tomato here and there because I can do that ever so casually now without it being an issue or a major executive decision that I go postal about for hours on end.

I've detoxed my body, sure... but I've also detoxed my mind.

Next weekend I'll be going away for a friend's birthday, and I'll eat and drink for this inagural event on my newfound social calendar. When I come back, I'll be having a mix of packs and meals.

And it's not an issue now. It doesn't scare me because I'm ready for food to be a part of my life again without it becoming my life entirely.

I'm definitely not a laconic person but I'm stumped when trying to describe the million facets of my life that are now better.

I've got a new job because of my renewed self-confidence, and I'm ready to embark on the Parliamentary career I've wanted for so long.

I've not only got a new wardrobe but a new style, because I wear things I wouldn't have worn before, and I don't see nice beauty products as being pointless anymore.

I've surprisingly become a warmer person. Forget that fat-and-jolly stereotype - it's balls. I took my misery out on others. Now that side of me is gone.

I'm a hell of a lot richer - CD is the cheapest way to a new you that I know of.

And in gazillions of other ways, I'm happier. The final stumbling block in my life has had its ass kicked.

So thanks, CD, for saving my life. And thank you, Minimins, for saving my life all over again.

Good luck to you all. :)
hey Oxfordruse, thanks for posting such an inspiring post, its always great to hear from people who've reached or nearly reached their goal after such a momentous journey, it definitely keeps the rest of us going (in my lickle honest opinion) I'm sooo happy for you, you remind me that its within my reach to be there, if I only stick to my plan....so once again Thank You :grouphugg:

well done to you, you seem to now have a healthy attitude to food and eating again. Best of luck with the rest of your weight loss.

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words about *my* words. I'm like a '40s MGM movie when it comes to sentimentality.

Realized it sounds like a bit of a goodbye post, but I'm not going anywhere, of course. The only thing I was saying farewell to was the part of me that isn't gone, necessarily, but consigned to the history of my life.

Good luck with goal, everyone - score that Platonic victory cited in my signature!

A fantastic honest story, thank you so much for posting. It makes everything seem real, perfect is boring isnt it, we're all human afterall.

Congratulations, I hope all your dreams are starting to come true x

Back