Nearly all fat people skip breakfast

Jim

Big Boy
Bit of a strange article, but the headline grabbed me

LINK HERE

I used to have a full English breakfast in the B&B I was staying in during the week every morning. Result: big fat bottom.

I now have a big WW-safe breakfast. Result: losing weight fast.

Just because some journo asks his mates what they eat, it becomes a national statistic. What a load of rubbish! I don't read newspapers any more, they angry up the blood.:rolleyes:

I think in alot of ways it is true! I have started eating breakfast although dont eat it till about 4pm lol, then the rest of my meals follow!..but then i dont go to sleep till about 3/4am and dont get up till 3/4pm lol

Kel xx

hmm. I know that with me if I make sure to eat lots of protein in the morning (usually eggs), then I am sustained and eat less later on. Whereas if I eat carbs, even muesli or porridge, I get hungry by 11 or 12ish. But I really try not to miss breakfast; I'm one of those that it's more dangerous to miss it, cos then I'll end up snacking later.

Ack. Doesn't matter when you eat, as long as the calories work out. It's just that some people find if they eat breakfast, they are unlikely to eat more at other times of the day.

For other people it's the opposite. All calories in vs calories out, so whatever works to keep those calories stable.

As for jump starting your metabolism, ummm. Since the metabolism tends to work pretty hard when you are asleep, in fact faster than when you are watching TV, why would you need to kick start it?

Some research has been done, but it's flawed owing to a misunderstanding of TEF (thermal effect of food).

If eating breakfast leads a person to eat more throughout the day, then they will gain weight. If not eating breakfast leads a person to eat more throughout the day, they will gain weight.

That's my opinion anyway :D

I did a message about meal frequency here a while ago :)

http://www.minimins.com/general-weight-loss-discussion/79916-meal-frequency-research.html

That's an interesting link KD. Prior to Atkins I didn't eat breakfast but I did eat a lot during the day and frequently would have a "snack" of about 6 slices of grilled cheese on toast just before going to bed so no surprise at why I got so fat. I do believe however that having breakfast kick starts the body in the morning. I do the like the saying

Breakfast like a king,
Lunch like a prince
and
Dine like a pauper

or something like that anyway. :D

I do believe however that having breakfast kick starts the body in the morning. I do the like the saying

oooh, can we fight about this :D

The metabolism doesn't work that fast. Not over the course of a day or night. In fact, mucho research shows that fasting shows a very slight increase of up to 5% in the metabolic rate. Mind you, that's not enough to make much difference to nuffink.

Having said that, there is research to show that having breakfast is beneficial for many people in terms of blood glucose control...and that will effect how much they eat through the course of the day.

Still down to calories in vs calories out :)

Nooooooooooo

Fight Fight!

Nooooooooooo

Fight Fight!
Fight07.gif
Whoops, need a man vs lady smilie :D

Ack, never mind....handbags drawn at the ready :D

LMAO, I'll use *HER* handbag, it weighs a ton, I swear she still has spare nappies in there, even though the kids are grown and gone. :)

LMAO, I'll use *HER* handbag, it weighs a ton, I swear she still has spare nappies in there, even though the kids are grown and gone. :)

Always handy to keep a nappy or two in ones handbag I find. Especially now the old man is getting past it :D

LOL PMSL, I like it KD, maybe that's what *SHE* is thinking.

I used to be like that, Rob. I couldn't face eating breakfast, then at about 10:30 I'd get so hungry I felt physically sick.

Once I started forcing myself to eat breakfast, things improved dramatically.

I didn't need breakfast, probably because my stomach was still full of undigested food from the night before.

LOL, I know but it was true, one of the main reasons I got fat was I ate the majority of my food in the late afternoon and evening, that plus 10 pints of Guiness. :D

Back