nearly newbie

Joy-full

Hello everyone, i'm a newbie in waiting! Have ordered the book and have been lurking around looking at how you all are getting on.
Are any of you using meal replacements on the DD's?

marcia. x

Hi and welcome. I did do but I seemed to get hungry and prefer solid food! You can have so much more if you have low cal soups and salad etc. But take a look at other diaries - you will find great ideas for down days and I think there is a thread for that too. Good luck!

Welcome!! Good luck for when you do start and make sure you keep us all posted, we're a nosey lot but helpful lol!!

Some people do use food replacements esp for the first two weeks, I know those that have been on CD do. But I came from slimfast and thought about using shakes, but being as they are higher in cals than the cd ones I thought maybe not, although do sometimes have one for breakfast on an up day as love shakes for breakfast! I like proper food on a dd, leave it as long as poss then I usually split it into 5 x 100cals (or under), so much you can have. Like Hoe said take a look at our diaries and you'll see what we do with those 500cals lol!

Take care hun x

Hi there. Im doing CD for a couple of weeks to get to target, before coming back here (thats why im posting.) I sometimes use my shakes on a DD but as Hoe said, I prefer food. If you can for the first 2 weeks then try it, the reason being that you dont guess your calorie intake with different size foods. As a shake has a set amount of calories you know what you are consuming.
Good luck

Yes as Miss JT says important to be accurate for the first two weeks and shakes makes that easier for sure. How's it going?

It's not yet! I'm still waiting for the book to arrive, so I can arm myself with all the information. One question I have though is this; If over Christmas, I have two consecutive days where I am due to go out to eat (UD's), can I do two DD's consecutively beforehand? Or is that cheating? Thanks for your comments! I'm looking forward to getting started (in a weird kind of way!)

Just wanted to say Hiya!

It's not yet! I'm still waiting for the book to arrive, so I can arm myself with all the information. One question I have though is this; If over Christmas, I have two consecutive days where I am due to go out to eat (UD's), can I do two DD's consecutively beforehand? Or is that cheating? Thanks for your comments! I'm looking forward to getting started (in a weird kind of way!)
From experience I (and aaleigha) have done 2 DDs in a row but the book doesn't mention doing that. I dont think it matters but I wouldn't do any more than 2 incase it slows down your metabolism.
Good luck with your start:D

Yes tend to agree but the book doesn't address that. I think if you can manage two DDs and then not go OTT on the UDs it should balance out. My friend (who is now stick thin) just throws in one or two DDs when she feels clothes getting tighter.

I feel it's not and exact science and sometimes we come off (or fall off!) the JUDDD wagon for a week or so and then pick it right back up without too much problem or weight gain. Good luck.

If over Christmas, I have two consecutive days where I am due to go out to eat (UD's), can I do two DD's consecutively beforehand? Or is that cheating?
It is my understanding that 2 consecutive DDs is the maximum.

Did the book arrive? It is so interesting I keep re-reading parts of it.

Hi HOE!
Yes the book arrived - but I managed to get myself the US edition which means some of the products in the recipes are not available over here! Oh well, I'm reading away - looking very interesting. I have got to sort out my 20% and then just get the hell on with it! By the way - loved your post "If not now, when?" Totally empathise with this. And I was 50 this year too! You're in medical sales - I'm a GP Surgery Manager! Good to hook up!

Marcia. x

I think they all are the US version. As you said some of the recipes in there we cant get the ingredience for over here. Good luck when you start

Hi Marcia! So how is it going? Don't worry too much about the recipes - you will find lots of support on here. I read mostly the science part of the book and lap it up - so interesting. Have you started JUDDDing?

Thanks for taking the time to read my diary. Re the med sales it is emergency equipment rather than pharma - though we do sell to a few surgeries where the docs are concerned about having someone collapse and not be able to get a vein until the ambulance arrives! I sell a device which gets them vascular access in seconds mostly bought and used by A&E and paramedics but some GPs do BASICS and have it and some are just very proactive and like to have it as a bit of insurance in the surgery. Where is your surgery?

Do let us know if you started JUDDD and how it's going.

Back