Nearly there - an update

TracyGWill

Gold Member
Well, today marks my 1,000th day since starting on MFP with the intention of getting my weight down. My starting weight was 301lbs, or 21st 7lbs, and today I weighed in at 155lbs (11st 1lb), so I suppose I pretty much achieved what I set out to do. It still feels pretty strange to have not only reached but passed my target weight loss, and I still can't allow myself to say that's it, I'm done, lol. I haven't reset my target weight - I'm leaving it at 11st 7lbs, but now see that as the maximum I'd want to weigh. If I lose another 5lbs, to get down to 10st 10lbs, I'll have halved my original weight, and that may be a good point at which to say enough is enough, especially as my daughter made me pinkie swear last week that I wouldn't lose any more weight! So that's what I currently have in mind.

I have another knee operation coming up on 8th May, which will be my third op in three years! I had my pre-op assessment the other day, and it was great to be told my BMI was in the green zone for a change. So having gone from morbidly obese, to obese, to overweight, to healthy over the course of the last 1,000 days, I'm pretty chuffed on the whole.

The WEMITTS part of the forum has been such a big part of my journey over the last few years, and whenever I read a thread elsewhere on Minis where someone has a lot to lose, I always recommend that they head over hear for some great motivation and support!

Here's to the next thousand days for us all!! :) xx

image-3993854002.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my lovely! You are amazing and a true inspiration! You show that even with the hard work and the pure tears it sometimes take - it's more than worth it! You look AMAZING! I'm very proud of you - I bet you and your family are too! :) Well done! Huge huge HUGE pat on the back! I bet you'll notice the difference in recovery time etc for your knee too! I wish you the very best with your operation. Good luck my love xxx

PrincessSparklePants said:
Oh my lovely! You are amazing and a true inspiration! You show that even with the hard work and the pure tears it sometimes take - it's more than worth it! You look AMAZING! I'm very proud of you - I bet you and your family are too! :) Well done! Huge huge HUGE pat on the back! I bet you'll notice the difference in recovery time etc for your knee too! I wish you the very best with your operation. Good luck my love xxx

Thank you so much, Princess! I really appreciate your kind words. It definitely is worth it, so I hope everyone on here fights on with their own journeys and gets to where they want to be. :) xx

You prove it can be done, however hard it is :D MASSIVE well done again :D xxx

Wow Tracy, you look ahhhmayyyyzingggg!

Congratulations. Do you feel any different? As in, when you look in the mirror do you see the skinny you now? X

tracy your an ace person your here for us all keep us going and you look amazing

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roziee said:
Wow Tracy, you look ahhhmayyyyzingggg!

Congratulations. Do you feel any different? As in, when you look in the mirror do you see the skinny you now? X

Aww thanks Rozie! That's a really interesting question, actually, and is something I've thought about a lot. I am certainly now partly seeing the "skinny" me, although for ages I couldn't. What brings it home for me is seeing myself in a full-length mirror, which I don't have at home. That's because I carry my weight on my torso, so if I just see my top half I still think I look overweight, but if I see my bum and legs, which have almost disappeared, it's a totally different picture! Crackers, isn't it?! So much is in our heads when it comes to weight loss and body image, and it's something I've been trying to get a grip o for a while. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense, lol, but I'm sure you'll soon know what I mean - you're doing so brilliantly yourself. :) xx

Tracy you are flipping amazing, you should be so proud. You have given me great inspiration since I had started last April and I really appreciate all the advice you have given me so far. I say so far as I still plan to pick your brain! Totally inspirational hun, well done! :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Aww thanks Rozie! That's a really interesting question, actually, and is something I've thought about a lot. I am certainly now partly seeing the "skinny" me, although for ages I couldn't. What brings it home for me is seeing myself in a full-length mirror, which I don't have at home. That's because I carry my weight on my torso, so if I just see my top half I still think I look overweight, but if I see my bum and legs, which have almost disappeared, it's a totally different picture! Crackers, isn't it?! So much is in our heads when it comes to weight loss and body image, and it's something I've been trying to get a grip o for a while. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense, lol, but I'm sure you'll soon know what I mean - you're doing so brilliantly yourself. :) xx

No I totally get what you mean, I've lost 4 stones and see no difference on a day to day basis-- but sometimes I get catch myself in the mirror and for a second I think, oh, that bit looks slimmer than before!

You've lost an incredible amount of weight in just a few years, do you exercise? And I'm sure people ask you this all the time but do you (and I hope you don't mind me asking such a personal question) have any loose skin? I imagine there to be some but is it trouble some?

Superfree Princess said:
Tracy you are flipping amazing, you should be so proud. You have given me great inspiration since I had started last April and I really appreciate all the advice you have given me so far. I say so far as I still plan to pick your brain! Totally inspirational hun, well done! :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you, hon, that's lovely! You feel free to pick my brain anytime you want!! :) xx

Roziee said:
No I totally get what you mean, I've lost 4 stones and see no difference on a day to day basis-- but sometimes I get catch myself in the mirror and for a second I think, oh, that bit looks slimmer than before!

You've lost an incredible amount of weight in just a few years, do you exercise? And I'm sure people ask you this all the time but do you (and I hope you don't mind me asking such a personal question) have any loose skin? I imagine there to be some but is it trouble some?

Hiya Rozie! It really is strange, the way we see ourselves, isn't it? I've only got to have a meal out or something, and I instantly think I'm back to square one - that would have to be some meal, wouldn't it?!

No, I don't exercise. I have ME, as well as osteoarthritis, and any sort of exertion can make me ill, so I just concentrate on being able to work and look after my family. As for the loose skin, of course I don't mind you asking, I've talked to a lot of people on here who are concerned about getting it. And I have to say it's not too bad at all, certainly not troublesome in any way. It's a bit wobbly and wrinkly on my abdomen and thighs, lol, and I keep my upper arms covered, but I'm almost 52 and I don't expect perfection!! The key really is to lose weight steadily - the horror stories you see on TV are usually people who've lost a lot of weight very fast, like with bariatric surgery. I know it's also down to genetics and other factors, but speed of weight loss is definitely a big part. :) xx

Roziee said:
Then you are more of a superwoman than I first thought.

Congratulations once again Tracy xxxx

Aww, I'm really not, but what a lovely thing to say! I've just doggedly plodded on, with the support of some good people, both on here and in my life. :) xx

Back