NEED A BUDDY!!!!!!!

TINKERBELLA

Silver Member
Hi Everyone,
I have just confirmed by appointment with my CDC for friday - I have 5-6 stone to lose. I would love a buddy who has just started CD or is due to be starting in next week or so - need someone to share highs and lows of diet with.
Please repyl!!!:gen126:

Good luck hun. I'm 6 weeks in but just wanting to say hi. You'll get buddies no problem. Probably not too many on here this late. If you ever want lots of buddies just pop into the Shrinklie thread. Loads of lovely people on there.

xxx

Hi sunshine singer,

Thanks so much for your reply new to all this!, so nice of you to reply well done on your weightloss - you've done fab!!! how have you found it??

It's a pleasure hun and thank you so much. I absolutly love CD and am really enjoying losing the weight and appreciating every bit of the journey. I stay on track because I want to get to goal and I don't see the point in cheating as i'd only be cheating myself and have to stay on CD longer than planned. :)

As my little logo says (just added it tonight after posting it somewhere) that I am choosing to take this journey because i want to and not because I have to. I always think like that and find it helps because then i'm not depriving myslef of anything xxx make sense?

You've definately given me some inspiration hope i'm as positive as you 6weeks in!!! Do you have a good relationship with you cdc?

Yes she's lovely. Usually i'm in and out in 10mins on my way to work but i was with her for 30 mins this week. She's there if I ever need her via phone or email. I tend not to pester her unless I realy have to. Even if i email her, she'll reply to me via her phone even if she's out. I'm really lucky. She even said this week she thinks of most of her CD'ers as friends which was nice. This week she was full of praise with my progress. She's pretty busy with CD and seems to have so many CD'ers on her books. Also stocks every product going xxx

Thats good -i hope my cdc is similar she has replied very quickly to all my emails. Sorry to bombard you with questions but could you tell me what your first appointment was like?

Nah it's fine really. My other half is working all night and i'm all cosy in bed with my lap top and wide awake so not a prolem. Bombard away.

I actually met her last April (year ago) because me and otherhalf decided to do SS together. Now we only did it briefly and ss ended up not being right for either of us as we lead pretty hectic lives.

Let me think.......she was just really warm and welcoming. just explained how CD works, all the different plan, all about the food choices and answered any questions we had. She asked about our lifestyle and then suggested which packs to try etc. We got weighed and there began my realationship with her. A couple of times in the year we were in touc and i'd get 2 weeks of packs before the odd holiday.......but this time I knew I was ready to go the whole way.

You'll regret offering me the ability to bombard away!!!! - have you had any side effects from the diet?

Week 1 and 2 i was hyper and full of energy but kept myself very busy.
Week 2, couldn't get to sleep, got an early period which meant I had 2 in 3 weeks. face a bit flushed but feeling slimmer already.

That all sorted itself out....just my body adjusting to everything.

Since then I have been ill twice which hasn't helped but thats just me! I have been weak, energy levels can be low and haven't been able to do my usual exercising. Taken it easy but am feeling more energetic now and will start exercisng asap.
Ooh and constipated......make sure you buy the fibre stuff you can add to your shakes from day 1 as they keep you regular. I stupidly didn't!!!!! but again that's sorting out now :0)

Thanks sunshine singer! think I am just so ready to start now - have been preparing since Monday by drinking lots of water and eating healthily - on SS do you just have 3shakes a day?

To prepare, start drinking more water and begin to lesson your carbs so you have less side effects in week 1.

As i had some shakes over from last time, what i did the weekend before was have some along with my regular food to get used to them. It was fab for me because i realised that the reason we can light headed at first is not because we need food but actually due to you getting a quick boost of all the nutrients your body needs.

I think if you're under 5ft8 you have 3 shakes and over that for woman 4. Men have 4 regardless of their height.

You sound well prepared hun x you'll have to keep me updated

Another thing I was going to ask ... (sorry!) was when you go to your cdc for supplies - can you have one of each flavour or do they come in packs? does that make sense?

You can have whatever you want. it's good to try lots as some you'll love and some you'll hate. In the first 2 weeks you get shakes, soups and porridges. Wk 3 bars and mix a mousse which converts your shakes

Will definately keep you updated - thanks for being my first friend on here - you've been so supportive can't explain how much all your replies have helped - know it sounds strange but I must of read the cd website pages 1000 times but actually talking to someone who is doing it is just so refreshing - cant waiting till friday when I can get going will definately keep you updated!! One more thing could you tell me how to get a little ticker thing! - need to be prepared as should be some changes next week!

I love the original porridge which i add cinnamon to, choc and mint choc shakes, cranberry and chocolate bars and love the mousse. I decided to have what i love while getting to goal x

I have to say the choc and mint definately sounds yummy! - do you normally have yours hot or cold?

This site is pretty fab. there's always someone to help out when you need it.

Ticker....follow the instructions at the top of the page in the tutor option xxx

Some people love them hot, i hated it hot. always cold for me. Since the mousse tho that i treated myself to in wk 4 , so i could look forward to a change, i always have my shakes as mousse now. love it. like angel delight but better xxx

Back