need a chocolate substitute

Oooh I shall have to fight my daughter for the flumps from the sweetie box ;)

But isn't the whole point of giving up something for Lent that you should feel deprived? Personally (and I do stress that this is my point of view only) I would see substituting something else to have the same effect as being quite against the whole principle.

Beetroot apparently curbs a chocolate craving-I'm not a 'sweet' person so don't know if it works but a lady in my group swears by it x

Beetroot apparently curbs a chocolate craving-I'm not a 'sweet' person so don't know if it works but a lady in my group swears by it x

Actually that kind of makes sense. I LOVE beetroot and it is kind of sweet, so that's worth a go too!
I'm not a sweet person if I'm honest but when I'm not allowed it I tend to think about it more! Now I can't eat whole packets of penguins I kind of want to! :sigh:

My snack (or food in general lol) of choice pre Slimming World was always high sugar, and no1 was choccy.

I know sugar is my downfall so decided to cut out high sugar snacks all together. After 8+ weeks I have to say I don't miss it anymore.

Last week my son bought me a cup cake so I decided to have a treat and saved my syns for the day (it was 13.5!). I found it tooth numbingly sweet and sickly and after eating it had a sugar rush akin to a drug high!

I am begining to think there is some truth to sugar addiction (for some people at least) and I am better off steering clear.

The syrup on bananas would be nice!

I prefer a pkt of fig rolls but I guess that's not a good thang!

Back