need a exercise plan, for 110 lb overweight body

jockiejoe

Wanting Is The Key
Hey I need an exercise plan, I needs to loss between 110 lbs. so I needs to take it easy but would love to hear ideas from others who have been so much over weight n began exercising. N if they have a set plan re workout that would cover
walking, exercise bike, n dumb bell weights
Thanks guys, I have blood pressure worries as well

I'll just give a few general guidelines, and Im sure the members here will give you a lot of good help with an exercise strategy.

-When using free weights, make sure every exercise uses as many muscle groups as possible. Dont bother with anything that works one joint. This would mean bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, sit ups, crunches etc. These exercises do nothing to promote fat loss.

- Perform all exercises standing up if possible, sitting down never made anyone healthier!

-Don't lift free weights or arms above your head (will cause your blood pressure to rise)

- Don't lift a weight that you can't lift more than 6 times maximum (Blood Pressure again). On the other hand, dont use a weight that you can lift 12 or more times easily. Between the two numbers is the sweet spot.

- Try to focus a lot on upper body exercises such as presses and rows. When your bodyweight is high, the legs will get a lot of exercise from just moving the bodyweight.

- Avoid impact cardio exercises such as running on a treadmill or outdoors. This will be damaging to your joints. Stick to cycling or cross trainer, or even better the Rower (it uses more muscles, as I mentioned earlier)

-Always remember that you can't out-train a crappy diet. If your diet is in good order then your exercise results will be mutliplied.

I also have a post on here somewhere about the main principles of training for fat loss that I wrote a couple of months ago. Have a search for it and it will explain many of the above points in more detail.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck.

Justin

thanks justin 4 the ideas n guidelines, I began with a one n a half stroll today, will do a few km on my indoor bike later on

Oh, that's an excellent point about the rower, Justin. I tend to prefer crosstrainers, but I'll intersperse the rower a couple of times a week to try and stave off the boredom.

Thanks!!

Hey hey hey! I have a lot of weight to lose and have recently joined a gym! It took a lot of courage but I've dropped a dress size in just three weeks and haven't been a saint in terms of what I've been eating!

I do 15 mins on the bike as a warm up...then some stretches...then 10 mins on the cross trainer...some stretches...some sit ups...walk 6 lengths of the pool, then swim at least ten lengths.

It's so much fun!

Back