need a plan 4 the next few wks (school reunion)

Madmum5

Hi all, ive been doing slimming world & the weight has been coming off slowly but surely. The thing is ive got a night in town planned for the 17th & i'm inbetween sizes. I bought some new jeans but ive got belly spillage. I really want them to fit a bit better for the evening. I reckon about 5lbs ought to do it. Im thinking of buying some slimfast. What do you think, anyone tried it & got a good loss after a few wks? I know the weight will go back on after but i can carry on with the slimming world.

No don't do that - buy a pair of Spanx which will prevent the spillage and you'll wear them again as you lose weight to look better - the Slimfast could distract you from your current efforts which are working and you're not going to want to risk that!

I agree! Or a full bodyshaper thingy? My spanx roll down sometimes so I have a sort of bodysuit thing that sucks it in from bust to mid thigh? Just don't eat a big meal haha I had wriggle out of one in the loo and shove it in my handbag after a 5 course black tie job at Xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree with the first 2 replies to your post...body enhansers will be your best bet...

If you carry on with your current diet and incorporate a brisk 20 - 30 minute walk, I'm sure you'll be able to loose 2 - 4 lbs before your reunion...

Here are some stats for you:

The human body is far too concerned about survival to allow us to lose weight too quickly. So as soon as we reduce our calorie intake, it starts to slow down in order to conserve energy.

Weight loss is affected by a range of factors, including present weight, state of health, degree of activity, calorific intake, age, gender, lifestyle, stress and routine.

As a general guide, here are the optimum average rates of weight loss:

If you are about 220 pounds, or more, you can lose up to 4 pounds a week.
If you are about 180 pounds, or more, you can lose up to 3 pounds a week.
If you are about 150 pounds, or more, you can lose up to 2½ pounds a week.
If you're under 150 pounds, you can lose up to 1-1½ pounds a week.

After a few weeks of dieting, you may experience no change in your weight. You are eating no more than usual but you stop losing weight. Why? Because your body has slowed down and is making calories go further. Either wait until your body gradually adjusts, or reduce your calorie intake further, or (better still) take exercise.

Exercise helps to boost your body's calorie requirement.

Back