Extra Easy Need help......cant see the light at the end of this tunnell

chrissie2108

So iv been at sw since April but since august my losses are up and down I feel like my head is totally back in the game the past few weeks and I was losing 1.5 per week which I was happy with! Then this week I gain a pound and I just feel so frustrated it seems I have a good few weeks and then it all goes to crap! I know I'm due to come on soon and that might affect it but it's so frustrating I'm still sticking to plan but in my head I feel like I'm going to go to group next week and yet again won't have a loss!!! I have a long way to go to get to target and I'm starting to feel like it's a never ending journey, I'm 16s 6 and my target is 10s.....iv lost dead on 3 stone now, I know what iv achieved is amazing but I just feel like I'm never going to get to be that slim girl ever!!!

Hello.

Firstly try not to focus on how far you've got to go but rather have a look at all you've achieved so far. There is no reason to believe that you won't be able to carry on losing as all the evidence suggests that you have and you WILL.

Secondly - have a little check back and make sure that you have been sticking to the plan - after a while on SW you can start feeling as though you know the plan inside out and little things like not weighing your HEXS out or forgetting to syn something can slip in. Are you getting enough superfree? Are you snacking more than you should be? Are you stopping eating when you feel satisfied?

Thirdly - TOTM can have an impact at the scales as you know - 1lb gain is nothing, NOTHING. It's a big poo, or a couple of pints of water. It is not worth allowing yourself to get into a negative cycle of thoughts.

Finally - have a switch about. So if you do mainly EE days try having a couple of red or green ones. Switch up your breakfasts. If you're eating the same stuff day in (or even week in) day out then your body has adjusted to that and might respond to a jolt. Have a look around the recipe section and see if anything grabs your attention.

You'll get there, this is nothing but a teeny tiny 1lb bump in the road.

Hi thankyou, iv looked at doing other days but for the moment this week I'm going to concentrate on my super free and water intake, iv looked at success express but I don't have the time to plan etc this week so I might do that next week after I weigh in as I'll be home etc! Iv had a different breakfast today to mix it up a bit, I think sometimes i tend to over eat on carbs but I'm getting better at knowing how much to cook for one person, it's he first time iv lived on my own so still adjusting I cookin for one, for example I'll cook way too much rice and as it's there I'll eat it lol

I'm not going to fall off the wagon because in all honesty I don't fancy anything naughty of watever!

It's just so hard when you have a good week and then you see a gain :(

I'm at my mums this weekend and she's always cooking to the plan for me and is supportive but sometimes I slip off plan because I'm away and not in my usual routine, I have scheduled in a swim whilst I'm at hers though as iv not exercised in over a week as iv been poorly

Awesome advice from SallyVater, you have done so well and I know it is really hard to be so good and see a gain, but you've lost 3 stone and that is amazing!!! You've gained a pound, probably because it's that time of the month - happens to me too - and you've been poorly? This will have an effect too. Keep your chin up and just keep doing what you're doing, the weight will come off, it has already, you know it is worth it.

Big virtual hugs!! xx

Thankyou

I do have a tendency to self doubt! I'm hoping for a loss next week to give me that boost I need x

It's good that you've identified that you are over doing the carbs. God, I feel you - I love rice and pasta and potatoes and because they're "free" it's very easy to overdo it.

If you make too much rice - box it up and stick it in the fridge. You can add a tin of mixed beans and some tuna to it with some veggies (peppers, red onions, tomatoes cucumber, sweetcorn, peas etc) and you've made yourself a lunch for the next day!

It's tough when you're first living on your own, you have to learn how to budget, learn how to cook for yourself in an effective way alongside all the other new things you're learning - so you really are doing very well.

I plan everything like a mad thing - this might help you too - get some control in there, so you know where you're spending your HEXS and syns before you start.

You'll be fine.

Yeah the only way I can get by is to plan but I only ever really plan dinners but iv got loads of home made veg soup that I'm eating for lunches and trying to mix up my breakfasts, I'm having carbonara for dinner and going to make a lot less pasta, and have endless mushrooms haha

Oh god, shark week always affects my losses. I didn't gain this time but I certainly didn't lose anywhere near what I felt I should, given that I had stayed 100% on plan. I am trying out the scan bran challenge this week to see if it helps - according to the Wii fit it has made a big difference so far but I will see next week!
I know it can be so disheartening when you are trying so hard but you have done so well so far! I know it is a little bit sad but I have an A5 folder with all my sotw and 1/2 stone award certificates in, and if I'm feeling a bit hopeless and rubbish I look through them, because I can't deny them like I can deny thoughts. 2 stone is an amazing achievement, and 1 little pound on can easily be gone again next week. Don't lose heart! You have done so well so far, and you can definitely keep at it, you just need to remember that :)

Thanku......I'm staying focused and hoping for the best next week at weigh in

Thing is with me when it's totm it can take a week to actually happen so I could potentially have a bad weigh in for 2 weeks :( still going to stay to plan and hope for the best x

I think setting small goals are the way to go. Thinking about the end of your journey always makes it feel like its a mountain to climb and so any blip makes it all the more frustrating. Make yourself a goal of half a stone at a time. Then these little blips (and we all have them) don't seem so bad :D

I think my first goal is going to be getting under the 16s so 7 pounds will get me to 15s13

Iv spoken to my consultant today as I have pcos and it's never affected before but it's been so up and down lately and so iv got some advice on keeping track of the glycemic levels in my foods so this should help

I'm not going to worry too much this week as I'm ill and away for weekend so going to do what I can when I can

You've done so fantastically well so far. Its hard when you feel poorly to even be bothered to think about what you're eating too

A little tip re carb overload.....next time you make pasta dont eat it out of a bowl. I always used to but then, because I wanted a side salad with it but not in a seperate bowl I decided to eat of a plate. I mixed the pasta and sauce in my usual bowl (yes I know its more washing up!) then I tipped it on to the plate next to my salad - I was horrified at the portion size - it was enormous - could hardly fit it on the plate!!! Bowls are soooooo deceiving. Try it - bet you'll be shocked too! Now I have a much smaller portion but once on the plate it seems loads and I firmly believe that a major bit of weight loss is to do with your head!

I've also bought myself a slightly smaller plate so I feel like I'm eating more then I am

Saying all that I've totally fell off the wagon and struggling to get back on track but thats not down to my perfect (most of the time) sw meals its all the crap I shovel in in between

Ah, another pcos-haver! It truly is the pits isn't it. Have you ever spoken to the doctor about it? I was on metformin for ages but it never really made any difference for me. I have also tried spironolactone for the bloody hair everywhere but that was also a wasted effort. I would dearly love to go on dianette but I have high blood pressure so they won't even consider it for me. Metformin does help a lot of women with pcos and insulin resistance manage their blood glucose better though, and helps them to lose weight easier too.
If it helps, I have done SW before and lost almost 4 stone in 7 months, and although there was a blip where it slowed right down, it sped back up again too. I have every symptom of pcos going bar cystic acne, and I lost weight, which I never thought I could do. So the weight you have lost is a doubly big achievement that a lot of women, even those at SW, are never going to understand because it genuinely is a bigger challenge for us. You should be super proud of what you have achieved, because it is incredible.

Thanku wirik, it's so tough, although up until august my losses have been great iv just hit that wall and it's up and down now, I have considered asking for metformin but I'm always worried it could go the other way and make me gain :(

Iv been told to basically keep in mind the gi level of foods, too many high glycemic foods will affect me, I think mainly this is carbs so I'm going to make sure when eating my potatoes pasta and rice that I have plenty of low glycemic foods with it to bring down the overall glycemic level of the meal, I still have over 6 stone to loose but I am going to focus on little targets my first one is getting 7 pounds off to get under the 16s on the scale

I know increased exercise helps with ur body's insulin resistance and iv done none this week so I'm going to get back into that once I'm better which is hopefully once I'm back home Monday, I weigh in Wednesday and I'm just going to plan all my meals from Wednesday onwards and hope for the best x

Back