need help on Sunpat smooth peanut butter!

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by babyphat, 2 July 2008 Social URL.

1. babyphat

babyphat Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Hi every1!im new to the atkins diet and was wondering if im allowed sunpat peanut butter. it contains cane sugar if that helps!

thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. buffydog

buffydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd / ss
    Hi,
    You need to check the label, you are allowed peanut butter.
    Your allowed 20g net carbs a day, so if the peanut butter you eat keeps you below this, then thats fine.
    I don`t have any to check sorry

4. fingers crossed

fingers crossed Silver Member

I've a jar of crunchy peanut butter here. If I'm doing the maths right its 8.5g carbs in the whole 340g jar!

5. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Man I hope you're right!! :wow: :clap:

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I remember when I was on Atkins (when it first came out and was unheard of in the UK:eek:), peanut butter was a no-no on induction.

I think we could have it further on, but vague recollections of not being allowed the shop bought stuff. I used to make my own with peanuts and olive oil.

It was the sugar rather than the carbs that was the problem.

Having said that, I've just looked in my cupboard and I have a jar of Whole Earth peanut butter. No added sugar!

Guess that would be okay after induction?

But...I am way out of touch, so this could all have changed since I did it.:eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.