Need Help Please

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by stokegal, 14 January 2010 Social URL.

1. stokegal

stokegal Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.01%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating and working out
    I'm on day 9 of cd and I'm SOO tired - I dont know whats gone wrong - I had so much energy earlier in the week and am really struggling with my water - I've done under half a litre today and really can't face anymore plain water, I have some orange water flavouring in but it's vile. I'm really tempted to add some low calorie squash to litre of water because I know that I'll drink but I'm scared that it will knock me out of ketosis. Will it definately knock me out? I'm so desperate - fell like rubbish for the first time since starting this diet

Thanks
    Stokegal

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dogtanion

Dogtanion Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    ww
    its fairly likely that it will - a CDC will be along soon to clarify, have you tried herbal teas (peppermint is nice hot or cold) or coffee - think they count too.

I make my shakes go a lot further wth extra water and ice- thus killing two birds with one stone - I get fuller and I get my water - and it tastes palatable!

Hope you get sorted xx

4. stokegal

stokegal Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.01%)
    Diet:
    Thanks Dogtanion

I don't like tea or coffee, I use to be a full fat coke fiend so I've done so well so far but am just ready to give up tonight - my dream cheats have changed from dreaming about food to dreaming about drinking squash - last night I had an entire pint of ice cold ribena in one go. I know my mateuse to have the odd glass of squash and it never brough her out so I've just got juice envy, lol. If it was going to bring me out of ketosis - how soon after would it happen - straight away? after a few hours? or the next day?

Thanks
    Stokegal

5. Dogtanion

Dogtanion Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    ww
    not sure, but some people are more susceptible than others, the chewy bars affect some people! Unfortunately water is basically it. Are there other flavours of water flavouring??? I know there is veg (YUK) and possibly a berry one??? They might be better

6. dotti

dotti Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(16.24%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Stokegal,

I drink coke zero, perfectly clear and sainsburys own flavoured water - all contain malic acid instead of citric acid and don't affect you on CD. Some folk on here will probably blast me out for telling you that but my CDC lost 15 stone and drank them so that's good enough for me! Good luck!

7. stokegal

stokegal Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.01%)
    Diet:
    Thanks - can I just ask, why is citric acid so bad?? Is Malic Acid the same? I don't know what will throw me out of ketosis as I have been so strict with myself. I found it really easy to get into ketosis, I started my diet on Wednesday and by Thursday evening I was in the pink. I hadn't cut down on carbs before starting either - if anything I went on a carb binge.

8. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Basically, citric acid can knock you out of ketosis, so you won't have that blanket of not feeling hungry.

The thing about zero calorie drinks is that, for some, possibly most, it makes you hungry, because it's that sweet thing. So it depends really on you and whether you want to risk it.

9. stokegal

stokegal Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.01%)
    Diet:
    hmmm thanks for all your replys - I have a feeling something is wrong with me today as I have been super hungry - I have been bad of the past 2 days and not had my full 3 packs (on SS) so I dont know if that has knocked me out of ketosis - I will go and check in a min and if I am still I'll keep that as a reason not to have any squash

(Even though I really really want it... *Stamps Foot* :D)

10. stokegal

stokegal Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.01%)
    Diet:
    Still pink - although very dark pink, probably due to dehydration... Have just check the scales again (naughty I know but I need a boost!!) and have lost a pound since WI yesterday. There is no way I am going to jeopadise that just for a glass of squash now :D

11. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    If you don't have all your packs, you will feel tired. Now don't do that again *attempts glasses down the nose stern face look*

You need the vitamins and minerals and all the other good stuff in the packs.

12. stokegal

stokegal Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.01%)
    Diet:
    Promise I will do going forward

*shys off to sit on the naughty step*

Has anyone else noticed a change in their appitite? (tried spelling it 4 times now - am officially blonde!!) The first 2 days I use to eat all my soup and drink my shakes all up - down to the last drop, think I even licked the bowl at one point and now.. I get full after half and have to force myself to eat the other half

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.