need help please

soontobeMrss

Hi I'm new to slimming world and attempting home made curry. I don't know which to add... Quark, creme fraiche or quark??? And will either of these thicken the sauce? It seems quite watery but smells good :) many thanks

I would use fat free natural yogurt or f.f fromage frais. But take it off the heat before you add these or it will curdle. If you only have the two above I would say quark as the other is not free. It will make it creamy rather than thicker. I would just simmer it for longer to make it thicker. I always add less stock than they say as you can always add more, that's advice for next time though!

Neither of those will thicken the sauce. I think you just need to simmer it for a bit longer until it reduces down :)

I simmer mine until it reduces , then let it come off the boil ool a slight bit, then stir in Muller greek style Coconut and vanilla yoghurt (1/2 syn), it makes it lovely and creamy, need to serve straight after you stir in yoghurt though as the yoghurt cools it down, I have started letting the yoghurts get to room temp in the kitchen before hand.

If you add the yoghurt when it is boiling it will split.

I agree, just let it reduce more on low heat. Then take off the boil, stir in the ff natural yoghurt and here you go.

I use a handful of red lentils to thicken my curry sauces, they are free on EE and they cook through it and make it nice and thick

Back