Snacks Need help with adapting a recipe

GayleH

Hi Guys,

I am currently in experimental stage (or should that be mental?). I am adapting a recipe for choc and fudge cookies but it has 75g soft brown sugar, obviously I want to replace this with sweetener but have no idea how to work out how much I need :confused:. If I pull this off the cookies will be 2 syns each!

And if successful, i'll put the recipe up for you all. x :D

You can get brown spelda which is a mix of splenda and brown sugar. I would just use the same amount but i think it would be syns as its got real sugar in

Really any sweetener should do the job. If you take a look at the splenda website they have a section on using sweetener in baking along with a guide of how much to use when using it in place of sugar.

Thanks Circes, am off to look now and hopefully will have a very scrummy yet SW friendly cookie by the weekend to share on here.

75g is approx 5 tablespoons, so you can either use 5 tablespoons of brown sugar blend splenda for 5 syns or use just the normal splenda which is free.

I wouldn't try to do it weight wise, as artificial sweeteners weigh alot less than sugar. A good investment is some measuring spoons and cups, which you can get from Ikea or homeware stores. They are great for adapting measurements.

Silver Spoon do a brown granulated sweetener (free), if that's any help?

Back