Need help with chinese takeaway!!

sal88

Hello

My family are all meeting up tonight and ordering a chinese. I eat anything and lots of it. Can you give me some ideas of syn values for different chinese dishes and what a good combination of low syn dishes would be?

I've only been doing s/w for a week and a half, don't want to put the weight back on that I've already lost!

Thanks

chicken chow mein is only about 7 syns on a green day. Avoid duck in pancakes and anything pastryfied such as pancake rolls. I usually have chicken and mushrooms/veg or chicken and pineapple with egg fried rice, although boiled rice is less fattening. Just don't pig out completely and enjoy your night out!

I agree with the chicken chow mein, that is normally what I have. I'll also have 2 pieces of sesame prawn toast... I think thats about 8 syns a slice... MMMmmmm x

i would go with green and have lots of rice and not so much of the main dishes, when i was travelling around south east asia last year all the people are tiny and this is basically how they eat

i'd go green and fill up on plain or egg fried rice, then add chow mein (save a b choice for your chicken to free up more sins) and maybe add some of a mixed veg dish.

if you fill up on these then you're less likely to start eating deep fried things, such as pancake rolls!

Yup I always go green for chinese and have lots of rice, but Im a bugger and cant keep away from the prawn toast, pancake rolls, won tons etc - but you're prob stronger than me!!! xxx

Go for the boiled rice rather than any fried ones. Apart from that I agree with the advice already given

am i weird, ive never had prawn toast. maybe i shouldnt try it just in case i want to eat it all the time and end up putting on more lol

am i weird, ive never had prawn toast. maybe i shouldnt try it just in case i want to eat it all the time and end up putting on more lol

Dont try it - step away from the prawn toast......... its yummy! X

Go for the boiled rice rather than any fried ones. Apart from that I agree with the advice already given

Uw no, I couldnt have boiled rice, its too bland even with a biy of soya sauce on, nope for a chinese takeaway or meal out its gotta be fried rice of some kind mmmmm. Can anyone else see my heads not in this plan anymore! lol xx

Ha ha I like your style. I was just giving sensible advice. Kinda do as I say don't do as I do stylee! I am going out for dinner tonight (not chinese) and I will conveniently forget about any diet when I am there!

Ha ha I like your style. I was just giving sensible advice. Kinda do as I say don't do as I do stylee! I am going out for dinner tonight (not chinese) and I will conveniently forget about any diet when I am there!

.................. thats the spirit - well the spirit of a veteran SWer! Enjoy your meal x

I will. And then I will wonder why I put on weight this week! Ah well we only live once!

egg fried rice isn't too high in sins - and much tastier.

i had a mushroom chow mein for dinner last night - then beans on toast a few hours later as i was hungry again! it was all legit though!

I might give chicken chow mein a go next week with a boiled rice. I usually have salt and pepper chicken wings x 2 as in 4 wings per serving on a red day but the chicken has skin on and its the best bit.:)

well ive just had lemon chicken and special fried rice and it was delicious! not that Im sayin others should be as naughty as me! XXX

And that's exactly what I did! I had the gammon which wasn't too bad then looked at the dessert list. I was flitting between the fruit salad and the cheesecake then settled on...... The chocolate indulgence, which does exactly what it says on the tin! Looks like I also acquired myself 4 extra lbs this week!

hmmmmmmm - sounds lush tho Taz x

It was, it had chocolate and vanilla ice cream with Crunchie Nuggets, marshmallows, pieces of chocolate brownie, a flake and topped off with squirt cream and chocolate fudge sauce!

Actually, it's amazing I only put on 4lb!

Back