Step 1 Sole Source + Need help

Hi gold... are you on day 1?? I am day 14 and believe me, it isn't easy but it really does get easier. After a few days you'll find your clothes start to feel looser and thats so motivating......I was fine until day 11 and then I started to feel down about it all...but the next day I was fine again! It's such a rollercoaster ride! I think 'is this normal?' and come on here and everyone reassures me that yes, it is normal! I am on SS and it is such a buzz to know that I haven't eaten solid food for 2 weeks! Because it means that I CAN do it.

Please read the diaries and look at the inspirational photos.....thats what worked for me in my first week!!

Maybe start your own diary? No one knows you, you can be as honest as you want. And importantly, although we are all different shapes and sizes we are all here to lose weight and therefore we all know what you are going through.

Nik xxxx

Same here Gold.
Hang in there...it DOES pay off I promise...even though the first few days are grueling it gets easier..and as Nikki said its all one massive roller coaster ride but its so frickin worth it! xxxxxx

Thanks it is my first day and I have drank 2.5 litres need to drink one more litre. I am going to pee all night! Thank you all for replying. I feel positive that there is support network out there keeping a check on me. I am having my mid week weighting on saturday

I do pee quite frequently now! Although it is a bit better now...I think my body is used to it! The support here is immense...if you are having a weak moment (we ALL have them!) then come on here and pretty soon someone will be there to kick you into gear! Haha!

I cannot stress enough how 1 day you will feel poo but the next day you'll be on top of the world! I expected to feel rubbish for a week and then be great after that.....when in fact, although I didn't feel hungry, my weak day came at day 11! I felt fat, fed up and disappointed in myself for getting into this state and having to take such drastic action. But day 12 came and I was back up and feeling motivated and have been ever since!

I have realised that when I am bored at weekends, that is the point where I start to think and feel down so I am going to make every effort to keep busy this weekend. Maybe go on a nice relaxing walk with OH?

I just keep reminding myself that it'll all be worth it!

Hang in there! You're first few days are gonna feel a bit tough just keep thinking of your goals, you can do it :)
Day 3 & 4 you might feel some side effects, I struggled with headaches but by the end of the week you should be feeling great, and you should have a good loss if you stick to it xx

I do pee quite frequently now! Although it is a bit better now...I think my body is used to it!!

I have realised that when I am bored at weekends, that is the point where I start to think and feel down so I am going to make every effort to keep busy this weekend. I just keep reminding myself that it'll all be worth it!

Gold I 100% agree with Nikki on the peeing, good/bad days and the keeping busy thing... I'm on day 11 and through week one i struggled with the following demons:

days 3-5 : were the hardest for me in terms of feeling desperate to eat. Bored at work and wanted to have food purely to keep me busy. needed to pee all the time

days 6-7 (the weekend) - didn't want the milkshakes just couldn't face them. didn't drink as much as I had through the week (so didnt hit the recommended fluid intake, was thirsty all day but at least I wasn't peeing the whole time!). craved anything to eat that wasn't part of the diet, this only went away when I decided to blitz clean the bathroom and bedrooms for 4 hours and then I felt satisfied and a bit sweaty (so I'd burned some cals as well as taking my mind off)

Stick with it... you will get through and if you slip up, there's always tomorrow to start a fresh!

Plus, the weekly WIs definitely help with the motivation and realisation that although not always the most pleasant, it is making a massive change to you!

Hi all, I've got all that up-and-down stuff to come. I started earlier this week - went straight to Step 2 as I couldn't face SS. I need one relatively proper meal a day.

I work in a hotel so the temptations are MASSIVE and I'm on bar duty tonight so I'm looking longingly at the voddie!

I have noticed a difference in my skirts already and it's that that is keeping me going. I haven't worn jeans for a year because they are so uncomfortable and I desperately want to be able to wear them again, now that the weather is autumnal.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with everyone. :)

Back