need some advice!

Bunnyg

Determined
As some of you know, I am on my hols a week today (yay!!!). It's an all inclusive holiday that has been booked for a year, so I won't be CDing during my hols. Also, the nature of All inclusive means I am going to be having one or two (or three or four :eek:) bevvies and I now know it's really dangerous to be in ketosis and drinking.

So, what do I do? I don't really want to come up the plan now before I go and was thinking of having a heavy carby meal on the Monday before my holiday. Will this take me out of ketosis in time for Tuesday? Any advice or experience will be gratefully received! x

If its carb loaded then I'm sure it will, why not have a word with your CDC and maybe do 1000 or 1200 plan for a couple of days before you go, rather than overdoing the carbs. I have done this myself previously and not felt too great for it.

Thanks minime! Well it's my weigh in tomorrow so will ask her. Sounds like a better plan than bingeing the night before my flight, I don't want to feel rough on the plane! x

I would probably do 1000plan a few days/week before I went hun, you dont want to feel poorly on your holiday hun.xx have a great time.xx

wouldn't drinking alcohol take you out of ketosis anyway, I thought it was liquid carbs, unless you were sticking to vodka

Not sure BG just wanted to say have a fantastic holiday,where are you going ??? Good luck for tonights weigh-in.Let us know how you do :) -

Thanks everyone. My CDC said to have a carby meal the day of my flight. I think I will do it the day before though just in case I suffer a bit and also to just make sure I do come out of ketosis before my hols.

Big bird, thanks so much - lost 17lb in the last 4 weeks :)

Hi Bunny - I've had so many clients who insist on sticking to SS until they get on the plane.

A tray-meal, a couple of drinks, and a hotel breakfast later, and they can't fit into those lovely waisted skirts and shorts.

Because of the fluid retention.

Spend at least three days moving up - SS to SS+ to 810 to 1000.

Then you'll be out of ketosis and can enjoy your hol.

Then when you get home, you start again.

Does that sound a good plan?

It's all part of "Lesly's Preparation for Maintenance which is the Hard Part" plan!

I probably won't be back here soon, so have a great time, and don't burn.

i would move up as lesly says hon as whacking out of ketosis that fast (i did it for a wedding not long after i started cd) bloats you up like a goodun... and then you just end up miserable... at ss+ you'll still be in ketosis, at 810 the weight loss stays pretty much the same and then your 1000 day will prep you properly the day before... you just won't retain all that fluid...

abz xx

i would move up as lesly says hon as whacking out of ketosis that fast (i did it for a wedding not long after i started cd) bloats you up like a goodun... and then you just end up miserable... at ss+ you'll still be in ketosis, at 810 the weight loss stays pretty much the same and then your 1000 day will prep you properly the day before... you just won't retain all that fluid...

abz xx

Great explanation, abz - 2 Brownie points!

Back