Red Days Need some fish ideas :D

I am heading off to a local wholesale Fish mongers in a while & thought i'd ask for some idea's for what to get from you guys.

I don't really eat alot of fish anymore. I eat plenty of mixed seafood, ie mussels, squid & prawns as I do a stirfry with them. But the only recipes I did before with the likes of cod & that would be smothering in butter, mushrooms & tomatoes - can't really do that anymore:rolleyes:

So does anybody have any good easy idea's for what I can do??

Thanks for the ideas :D

I got a few Salmon steaks so will do something with them, liking the salmon fishcake idea, Sarahm85 - is that this issue that the recipe is in??

Emsie - do you just put a bit of lemon on yours when oven baking to keep it moist? Not much knowledge of cooking fish, can you tell, lol

Has any1 got ideas for a meal with monkfish tail!! I usually have it wraped in bacon but fancy something a bit different tnite!x

I went to look for the recipe - it was in the Jan/Feb issue:

Teriyaki Salmon with noodles
Serves 4 - free on EE

6tbsp dark soy sauce
1 crushed garlic clove
1in/2.5cm piece root ginger, grated
1lb 4oz/567g skinless salmon fillet, roughly chopped
9oz/255g dried egg noodles
fry light
juice of 2 limes
2 courgettes cut into batons
1lb/454g pack chinese style stir fry veg
7oz/198g beansprouts
8oz/227g can bamboo shoots, drained

mix soy sauce, garlic and ginger in bowl. Add salmon and toss to combine.

Cook noodles and drain. Heat a wok sprayed with fry light. Drain off the salmon, reserving the marinade, add to wok and fry for 3 mins. Return salmon to marinade and add lime juice.

Spray wok again, add courgettes and fry for 2 mins. Add chinese veg, beansprouts and bamboo shoots, fry for another 3-4mins. Add cooked noodles and toss to combine.

Divide noodles between 4 plates, top with salmon and drizzle over soy and lime sauce.

I've been doing Salmon in the oven recently - just slice a lemon - 1 lemon normally between 2 fillets then I wrap them in tin foil & cook them in the oven for 25 mins, they taste gorgeous.

Also you can get the Schwartz shotz packs - little packs of mixed herbs for different things & you can get a fish one - I normally sprinkle it over the salmon or you can use any fish then cook it on the George Forman grill, guess you can do it in the oven as well.

I went to look for the recipe - it was in the Jan/Feb issue:

Teriyaki Salmon with noodles
Serves 4 - free on EE

6tbsp dark soy sauce
1 crushed garlic clove
1in/2.5cm piece root ginger, grated
1lb 4oz/567g skinless salmon fillet, roughly chopped
9oz/255g dried egg noodles
fry light
juice of 2 limes
2 courgettes cut into batons
1lb/454g pack chinese style stir fry veg
7oz/198g beansprouts
8oz/227g can bamboo shoots, drained

mix soy sauce, garlic and ginger in bowl. Add salmon and toss to combine.

Cook noodles and drain. Heat a wok sprayed with fry light. Drain off the salmon, reserving the marinade, add to wok and fry for 3 mins. Return salmon to marinade and add lime juice.

Spray wok again, add courgettes and fry for 2 mins. Add chinese veg, beansprouts and bamboo shoots, fry for another 3-4mins. Add cooked noodles and toss to combine.

Divide noodles between 4 plates, top with salmon and drizzle over soy and lime sauce.

That sounds gorgeous :eating:
I only really do red with the occasional green day - so no noodles but still good :)

Thanks for the ideas :D

I got a few Salmon steaks so will do something with them, liking the salmon fishcake idea, Sarahm85 - is that this issue that the recipe is in??

Emsie - do you just put a bit of lemon on yours when oven baking to keep it moist? Not much knowledge of cooking fish, can you tell, lol

It could be baked in bit of milk or if you put it in the oven and top with tinned toms and veggies it can be cooked like that? Yeah fish is fiddly to cook right I think x

Back