Need some help and support please!!!:-(

Sonia1976

I am so angry with myself, been doing weight watchers for 1 1/2 months now and lost about a stone but slowly putting it back on. I start off so well in the morning and go to pots by the end of the day. I know I'm the only one to help myself but can't get back into the swing of it. I ate 3 pieces of cake tonight but didn't need it and hated myself after wards. Why do I do it to myself. Looking for a bit of support as I don't have any one to talk too. :-(

:( ohh nooo :( just draw a line under it and start again ! there is always tomorrow ! :)

i find starting my diet had to start with my shopping ..... if i don't buy it then its not in the house to eat ! :D

if you buy the WW Sweet products their good for motivation as you can see how many pp's are in them from when you pick up the packet !
also fill your cupboard with tinned fruit ! .... if your hungry they are free and always to hand ! :D

........ hope this is a help ! ?

......... i'm only on week 6 so afraid i'm not good with long term advise yet ... i can only tell you what is so far working for me !

...... also remember how good you felt when you lost the weight before, it might help motivate you to want to feel like that again ! :D

xxx

Hi thank you for your reply:)
I will try again tomorrow, I wouldn't buy it but have 6 kids that have there snacks usually I wouldn't touch it.:-( I suffer from depression too and feeling a bit low at the min, no focus.

I didn't realise tinned fruit was free? Is all kinds free ;-)

I try to focus on the weight I have lost the clothes I can buy but doesn't seem to help.
Thanks again and I hope I have a better day tomorrow

Xxxx

Hiya, sorry to hear you're struggling.
Re the fruit-tinned fruit is free if it's in juice and drained-if you have the juice too you have to count it.

I have been there, and know it's hard but remember the only way to fail completely is to give up completely.
Keep plugging away and it will all fall into place

..... maybe now would be a good time to encouage your kids to eat healthier too ? (i hope this doesn't sound the wrong way as i don't know you or your children) .....but i have a daughter and i have stopped buying all the junk so it's not there, she is 4 so i have explained to her that as mummy is on a diet we can't have them .... she has a few packs of crisps, ect in the cupboard as she still has to eat, lol ... and as i have a some ww "junk" type foods (well it looks like it to her as they are cakes, ect like the chocolate rolls) which she cant have .... so i try to let her have a something that she can eat too ... like treat size chocolate bars in the fridge but i have encouraged her to have more sugar free jellys, yoghurts, fruit, ect for her desserts and snacks too.
also cereal bars as a snack as they are filling too :)
she is still aloud sweets now and again (as it is me on this diet not her) but i just buy them as a treat now and again when we go shopping and she has them as the days dessert so we don't have a cupboard full of them (like we used too)

it can only be good for her too .... as i see this more as a life style change and not a diet and it can only make her life healthier too and as she grows up will hopefully make her make the right decisions where i didn't.

........ also she is great support and helps keep me on track ! :D

yep all (i believe) tinned fruit is free as long as its in juice and you drain off the juice.
i usually but pineapple, peaches and mandarins as that's all i really like and they are all free.

lol there must be a something else that will help, once you find it i'm sure the diet will click.

for me its loosing what i can before i have to be a bridesmaid at my mate wedding ... with the mini goals of wanting to loose my 5% before it. next thing is my 1st stone off .... then 10% and loosing what i can by xmas ( and keeping it off over xmas)

i tried to diet last year and i failed totally as it only lasted a few weeks and i got board and had no short term goals so it really felt i was getting no where..... this time it really seems to have clicked though and i'm not really sure how, lol

Hi, sorry to hear you're struggling, but as BTB said, try to draw a line under it and start again.

I don't find WW a diet, but a complete change in eating habits. If the kids are involved, not only will it keep you motivated to do it, but you'd be giving them the best start you possibly can by teaching them healthy eating habits.

I'm not yting to insinuate that you feed your kids junk food or sweets all the time, but when I was growing, my brother and I weren't allowed sweets at all during the week, but Saturday night was always 'family night' and we all sat down with our sweets on that night. I don't remember feeling like I was missing out during the week and I look back on our Saturday nights with fondness (maybe that has got more to do with Bruce Forsyth and the Generation Game than my parents though ;)).

I concur with BTB about setting yourself short goals, I find that a lot easier than looking way ahead to my goal weight and groaning that I'm a few months away from it and "I'll never make it". Even if it's just a trip to somewhere you and your kids enjoy going to in X amount of weeks...there could be a pair of trousers that you want to get back into and would be perfect for that destination. Even the threads in here where we've to hit a particular goal by X date helps.

I found that my eating habits in the evening were because I was bored, not because I was hungry, so I've upped my exercise. I realise that you probably couldn't just pop out to the local pool in the evening, but maybe you've got Wii Sports/Fit etc.? That will get you up and moving and have the kids involved too - and it's really good fun.

Walking to the park between school and dinner time...that kind of thing.

Could you take up a hobby for later on in the evenings when the kids have gone to bed? Cross stitch or the likes? Something to keep your hands busy. I found that keeping my hands busy when I was giving up smoking helped me a lot, so I would imagine that the same analogy would work for not grazing.

I hope this has helped you, even if it's just a wee bit. You know where we are if you need :) x

I have stopped buying the things I just can't be trusted with like crisps. If they are there then I will eat them. The kids still have snacks but I am careful with what I buy for them. I don't buy them proper chocolate as it is just too tempting but we have penguins in at the moment as they are individually wrapped so I'd never have more than one and they are only 3pp so if I do indulge all isn't lost.
I have all my weight goals and weigh in results stuck on the fridge, which means anyone who comes in the house will see them and I feel more accountable plus I'd have to see them anytime I fridge raid so that is enough to put me off

These are the helpful bits I've found:
-Shop online, if you dont see all the offers and aren't tempted then you won't buy it!
-Go to Iceland and get the little WW desserts, they're a nice evening treat and keep the sweet tooth happy
- I have to agree with the sweets/crisps for kids thing. My little boy is 2 and eats EVERYTHING, but he will ask for biscuits/crisps etc because he knows it's there. This week on the shopping I've bought lots of fruit so we can can sit and have out afternoon snack together. He is more likely to eat if he takes my lead. My husband isn't really joining in atm but he's seen me do every diet possible but he'll get a shock when it's not the usual crap that turns up this afternoon!
- Use minimins! If your feeling weak come and read some diaries, or start one of your own!

These are the helpful bits I've found:
-Shop online, if you dont see all the offers and aren't tempted then you won't buy it!
-Go to Iceland and get the little WW desserts, they're a nice evening treat and keep the sweet tooth happy
- I have to agree with the sweets/crisps for kids thing. My little boy is 2 and eats EVERYTHING, but he will ask for biscuits/crisps etc because he knows it's there. This week on the shopping I've bought lots of fruit so we can can sit and have out afternoon snack together. He is more likely to eat if he takes my lead. My husband isn't really joining in atm but he's seen me do every diet possible but he'll get a shock when it's not the usual crap that turns up this afternoon!
- Use minimins! If your feeling weak come and read some diaries, or start one of your own!

Bridesmaid-to-be said:
..... maybe now would be a good time to encouage your kids to eat healthier too ? (i hope this doesn't sound the wrong way as i don't know you or your children) .....but i have a daughter and i have stopped buying all the junk so it's not there, she is 4 so i have explained to her that as mummy is on a diet we can't have them .... she has a few packs of crisps, ect in the cupboard as she still has to eat, lol ... and as i have a some ww "junk" type foods (well it looks like it to her as they are cakes, ect like the chocolate rolls) which she cant have .... so i try to let her have a something that she can eat too ... like treat size chocolate bars in the fridge but i have encouraged her to have more sugar free jellys, yoghurts, fruit, ect for her desserts and snacks too.
also cereal bars as a snack as they are filling too :)
she is still aloud sweets now and again (as it is me on this diet not her) but i just buy them as a treat now and again when we go shopping and she has them as the days dessert so we don't have a cupboard full of them (like we used too)

it can only be good for her too .... as i see this more as a life style change and not a diet and it can only make her life healthier too and as she grows up will hopefully make her make the right decisions where i didn't.

........ also she is great support and helps keep me on track ! :D

yep all (i believe) tinned fruit is free as long as its in juice and you drain off the juice.
i usually but pineapple, peaches and mandarins as that's all i really like and they are all free.

lol there must be a something else that will help, once you find it i'm sure the diet will click.

for me its loosing what i can before i have to be a bridesmaid at my mate wedding ... with the mini goals of wanting to loose my 5% before it. next thing is my 1st stone off .... then 10% and loosing what i can by xmas ( and keeping it off over xmas)

i tried to diet last year and i failed totally as it only lasted a few weeks and i got board and had no short term goals so it really felt i was getting no where..... this time it really seems to have clicked though and i'm not really sure how, lol

Hi, thank you for your advice!
The boys don't eat that much sweet stuff, they eat loads of fruit and lots of squash.
Sometimes I treat them to cakes and chocolates, I usually don't touch them but these couple of weeks I havent stopped:-(

We do have hobbies we all do kickboxing about 3 times a week:) which we love:)

I have to knuckle down and stay positive. I'm meant to be getting married next year so that should keep me motivated.

Maybe when kids get back to school that will help.
Thanks again x

Today!weighed in and says I've lost 1lb
Was hoping for more this week but ruined it yesterday!shows how much I ate Im not hungry today!lol.usually I'm always hungry!haha.still a 1lb loss is better than nothing.when do u weigh in?xx

Well done on loosing a pound!:) you will prob have a bigger lose next week. I weigh in on Wednesday's so got a couple of days to get a lose. Fingers cross I can stick to it.:) x

Sonia1976 said:
Well done on loosing a pound!:) you will prob have a bigger lose next week. I weigh in on Wednesday's so got a couple of days to get a lose. Fingers cross I can stick to it.:) x

U can do it Hun fingers crossed for u!keep us posted xxx

Not had a good day have eaten double my daily allowance on bread and sausages!:-( my weigh in tomorrow is going to be rubbish and I'm on my period as from today:-(

Back