need some help been so good but feel so low

Mia, sorry you're having such a tough time. I too had awful hunger pangs the first few weeks. I'm 5'8" & was managing on 3 shakes on advice of my CDC. After no amount of water shifted the hunger, she agreed to let me go up to 4 packs and it made such a difference almost right away. Notice you don't give your height, but if you are 5'6" or 5'7" maybe worth bending the rules to have an extra shake, or part of one, like vanilla in coffee to make a latte? Or do as Serena suggests and do the SS+ with 4 shakes & milk in coffee. I think it could make all the difference to you.
Don't give up, and don't beat yourself up over this. Get the chocs OUT OF THE HOUSE and start over today... you can do it!
Hugs,
xxx

Hi Mia

I hope you're ok and keeping your chin up. I am on day 11 and it is getting easier especially when I see the weight loss. At night when I get home I make sure that I am always busy so I don't have time to think about food. I have also started watching " The Biggest Loser" on Sky for inspriation which has helped keeping my focus.
Good Luck:)

I think one of the problems may be that my CDC is on holiday so I won't get weighed until 2nd February. So really my first three weeks will have been done without getting weighed once. This has more of less given me the green light to cheat becasue I say to myself "ah, be good for the rest of the time and you will lose by 2nd Feb". I think being weighed every week give you more of an incentive to try and be good. I am going to stick in (got those hunger pangs now) and see how I can do for 2nd Feb. Last time I lost a stone in two weeks but this time I will be lucky if I lose half that :(

oh Mia, I can so relate to your thinking. Before when I have ss'd I have always made excuses for my eating/bingeing and a friend of mine put it into perspective for me. Because I know this diet works my mind tells me I can cheat again today because tomorrow I can lose it all. So the focus is never there. This time round I have had to get tough with myself and change my routine to ensure I can't, won't, don't cheat.
And of course chatting with people like yourself on here is always appreciated, whilst I have been typing I have managed to miss my colleague eating his huge sandwich, so thank you.
Good luck Mia:)

Mia, Just to say i know exactly what you are going through. I keep starting SS then the slightest excuse will make me stop it. I am starting AGAIN tommorow and am determined to lose at least 1.5 stone. I know i can do it as did it last year and i beat myself up so much when i fail that i am miserable and take comfort in wine and nibbles.
Jenni x

Busybee - you are SO right in what you say re. I can cheat beacuse tomorrow I will stick to the diet & sort it out! Eureka! That is me!! - and is totally why I have fallen off in the past. 100% ss for me, as a little nibble turns into so much more. At least with SS, there is no grey area. Keep at it Mia & keep focussed on why we are doing this, and let's get it over as soon as possible by being strong!
X

Hi lottymoo

I have spent too many years beating myself up over my failure on diets but I have come to the conclusion that there is no need to beat myself up. What I need is kindness and understanding of my inner issues. I don't respond to beatings so my dieting became a vicious circle, the more beatings, the more food and so the weight went on. I could write a book about the excuses that I have given myself for not succeeding, you would laugh!
This time I have shown myself some respect and given myself some credit and on day 11 I now believe that I can do this and and I am usign words like " will succeed" and " I need my life back" rather than " oh I will do SS tomorrow"
Powerful tool the mind, I am gonna use it.
Now I need a glass of water......:D

You are absolutley right Busybee! Thank you - you've hit the nail on the head for me xx

Back