Need some help.... what keeps you motivated???

kyliet

Hey ladies!! Set myself a summer challenge of losing 12lbs which will take me down to 9 stone 7lbs!! I did Cambridge Diet for 8 weeks and was 100% and lost 2 stone 7lbs!! But since stopping I have gained 7lbs and cant stop eating!! I have gained another 3lbs since I set myself the summer goal last week!!

I desperately need to get my bum in gear as I dont want to be a fat bride in July :( !!

Need help!!! Any advise, words of wisdom, anything, is greatly appreciated!! xxx

Calorie counting is the way to go! Sign up to foodfocus.co.uk - totally free and you can keep a food diary so you know you are on track.

I just recommend lots of research and planning, and try to exercise too.

I think CC is the way to go - you learn about what you are eating, whereas CD leaves many people, like you are, with problems afterwards with going back to food! I know it is for some people but deffo not for me!

I agree with sarah, use a website to keep track of your calories, theres a few around that are pretty decent. Be honest with yourself about them too!

Allow yourself some treats if you want, preferably keeping to your calories, but then just get straight back to eating well regardless, having things you like doesn't mean your diet has to fail!

And well done on losing over 2 stone!

I use my fitness pal to keep track of my calories and aim for 1200 a day.
Hope the rest of your weight loss goes well. x

Hey Kylie, I've been having trouble with motivation myself lately. I think you've done a good thing in setting a date and of course having the goal of your wedding should be a good motivator - but of course it's not always that simple.

I think when you've had a good weight loss it can be easy to rest on your laurels or feel that you've earned a 'reward' - and to me, reward = food! I think that's the cycle I've got to break. Dunno if it's the same for you? I've got to think that surely a better reward would be reaching my ideal weight and being able to wear whatever I want.

I know it's good in early stages to focus on your success and feel good about feeling slimmer, but when it comes down to the final stone I'm wondering if it might be better to be more critical and focus on parts of your body that you're still unhappy with. Instead of feeling happy that I fit my size 14s again, maybe I need to think more about the things I still don't feel happy enough with my shape to do - wear low-cut tops, clingy things, shorts, bathing suits... I always found being unhappy with my size & shape was the biggest motivator. I need to be more miserable! Does that make sense to anyone?

For motivation I found taking pictures is great. To be able to compare how you used to look to how you loosing after losing weight always gave me the motivation to keep going the last time I was on a diet :)

Hiya!! Thanks for your replies!! I think my head is back on as of today!! I have had so far today, 180 cals breakfast, 126 cals lunch and done 200 situps and walked for over an hour pushing my youngest in her pushchair :) !! I'll be having a salad a bit later (3ish)as I work 5-8 and have my dinner when I get back from work!

Here's to being healthy and losing weight :)

I'm still going to weigh in on Friday for the summer challenge!! 2 days and counting!! xxx

Hiyaaaaaa

I am doing calorie counting (1,200 calories a day) and also taking Alli to speed up the loss hehe. It means no more than 12 grams of fat per meal which is quite hard but its surprising to see how much fat is in certain foods and is a great learning curve!!
I find my motivation is to be slimmer for summer/holiday and coming on here keeps me going! Everyone is sooooo helpful - maybe keep a diary too?
Hope that helps! X

joeyjojo how are you finding the alli? was debating it myself, have you had any weigh ins on it yet?

nic x

Back