Need some help!!

MrsJustin

Hi all,

I thought I'd start a diary here as have been reading avidly for a few weeks and seeing how well everyone is doing is helping me!

A little bit about me: I've been around since last summer now, trying different diets - W8, JUDDD, CD and Slimming World - but have realised that the only way for me to address my issues with food is to go for a vlcd. So here I am, back on CD.... and really wanting to do it!! :D

I'm currently on day 8, having lost 5lbs in my first week - not as impressive as others, but I'm pleased!! I have never lost more than 7lbs in a week before, so maybe I just lose slightly slower than others - who knows!!

I've also started going to the gym - new year, new me (although slightly belated!!). I've been today and completed an hour and a half with a personal trainer. It was only my first time with her, so she was showing me what to do too!! I'm mostly concentrating on weights and 'toning' exercises to start off with as theseare what she said would be best for weight loss, as well as throwing some yoga/pilates and maybe a bit of swimming into the mix. I am only on ss, but have the full support of my CDC in going to the gym fairly often.

I'm moving to Germany at the beginning of June so am desperate to get to goal by then. I have 2.5 st to lose to get to goal so am hoping the combination of the 2 will get me there.

However, I am in need of some support and a kick up the a*se every now and then!! No-one knows I'm on this diet except my husband who is currently in Germany, so am finding it pretty hard going.... :sigh:

Ive been nibbling today.... dont even know why :break_diet:am not hungry and am feeling pretty rubbish about it all now. Am determined to get back on track tomorrow and carry on.... hopefully wont affect my weight loss for this week and weigh in not until Friday so am keeping everything crossed that I can undo any damage I've created by then.

I am going to try and keep on posting here every day..... if nothing else to keep my hands busy so they don't go wandering into the kitchen!!! Feel free to comment on anything I might say!!

Ok, rambling over (for now at least!!), Am off to bed, tomorrow is a new day. Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

MrsJ :devilangel:

good for you for starting a diary :D

this diet is hard and even in ketosis you still get tempted by food. it is hard to resist but just think that it'll all be worth it in the end. we all go through it.

i lost 29lbs on weight watchers before coming back to CD as i was feeding my little boy who is 10 months old. i was going to keep it going for a year but having joined a gym (been to gyms before and got well into my running etc) i noticed in those darn mirrors that i looked like a square box or a rectangle :eek: so i decided that rather than wait a few months i would stop feeding and start CD, he was getting rather pully at my top too which wasn't good if you know what i mean.

gym. i love running. i found last time that running was the best for me. i got my running up so that i did a 5k and 10k then a half marathon. i'm aiming to do these again this year. i've also been to a couple of classes and have found that body pump is wonderful. great for toning and strength and core - just what i need. i did a pilates class last monday evening and it was ok. i think i need to do it once more to see if i like it. i like the sound of body combat but after watching a few clips on youtube it looks so scary, like i'd have to be mega fit.

anyway for me this is day 21 and week 3 has been difficult in that i've stuck to my diet but very little has come off this week. i think 1lb or maybe 2lbs. scales go up and down all the time. i'm having my weigh day 1 day earlier this week too. so far i've lost a stone but have 2 more to go to get back to pre-baby weight.

are you not telling anyone incase they don't give you a good reaction? sometimes it's nice to tell people so that they know and you might find that some are very supportive, others though not.

for me my whole family and friends know. if they don't like it then it's ok as it's me that's doing it not them. :D

good luck.

Thanks for the message great things!! :D

I guess I haven't told anyone because the time hasnt really been right.... most people were quite supportive last time - incredulous yet supportive!!! In addition, I'm not very good at sticking to diets, so maybe I figured I'd see how long I could keep it up myself anyway!!

Oooh running.... now that is the one exercise I just cant do..... I've tried and tried and tried again, but I just can't enjoy it... So I'll just give that one a miss. I am aching all over today from my session yesterday, so I went for a swim this afternoon in the hope of easing some of my poor muscles! Only problem is, I was so hungry afterwards that I had to have my third shake at about quarter to six so now have to survive all evening with just my water... :sigh: oh well I am determined to be 100% today so will just have to keep myself busy with other things....

Hmm rectangular shaped... I'm more of an Easter egg on legs right now so hopefully the whole gym + diet thing will have a huge impact very soon (fingers crossed!). I really want to see a change in my shape really soon, so must must must keep on it. MrJ back from Germany tomorrow (am very excited!) so he will help me to keep going and reminding me of why I am doing this. (and the cost!)

Right am off to sort out all of my clothes and get rid of the ones that are too big.... will NOT be wearing those ever again!

If anybody is reading, please could you just let me know what ss+ is please? Just wondering if I should switch to that on gym days - thank you!

Hope everyone is doing well - onwards and downwards!

Mrs J x:D

Hiya, how is everything going? SS is 3 shakes a day, where as SS+ is either 4 shakes a day and 200ml of skimmed milk or 3 shakes and a small meal of chicken and green veg.

Hi Kez,

Sorry I haven't replied to you sooner, things have been a bit manic here for the last few weeks!!

I managed to speak to my CDC about doing ss+ when I go to the gym and she gave me some books with all the info in them, so am feeling happier about that extra bit of protein when I've been at the gym!

However..... MrJ being home didn't help me keep on track at all!! I managed ok for the first week he was home, then let it all slip for the 2nd week.... feeling very bad about this now. I feel so silly for not keeping on track, after all I'm doing this for me not anyone else, so when I don't stick to the plan, I only let myself down no-one else....

So, as of tomorrow I am back on ss+ 100%, no more excuses, no more 'oh well a little bit of this won't hurt'!! Because it does!! I got myself into this state, and I have to be the one to get myself out of it!!

The way I'm looking at it now, is that if I can manage to average a loss of 3 1/2 pounds per week for the next ten weeks I can be at goal (ish) when I move to Germany at the beginning of June... I have to do this now, as I don't want to be overweight anymore when we move out there... 35 lbs would take me to a BMI of around 24 (I think!) so would therefore be a healthy weight, and I can decide when I have lost that whether I need to lose any more or not....

Right, am going to succeed this time, and post on here far more regularly as I knw it helps me out!!!

Any comments / support would be greatly apreciated!! :D

MrsJ

Hey! Well done for sticking to it, we all have blips....me more than most. If you ever feel bad then read my diary and you'll see your an angel compared! lol

Good luck for tomorrow, just keep thinking why your doing it and take it 1 day at a time. Thats the only way, just concentrate on getting through today before you even consider tomorrow.

Keep posting! x

Thanks for the message Kez! I'm doing ok today, been to see my CDC and although she weighed me I didn't want to see what the scales said so she wrote it down on her form and not mine.... didn't want to get disheartened and eat!!! She was really nice about it all actually and told me to take this feeling of disappointment in myself and remember it next time I am tempted to cheat.... she does give good advice - now I need to remember it!!!

Had a really hectic day today, 30 kids plus about 30 mums and grandmas in my classroom today - crazy stuff!!! Especially as some of the mums of kids in my class have a real problem with taking instruction from someone so much younger than them!!! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to tell them what to do, more guide them into helping the kids do what they were supposed to be doing!!! Anyway, tis fairly hard to explain on here, but it was very hard work!!!! As a thank you, my head teacher bought cakes and doughnuts for the staffroom but I sat there with my shake - am very proud of not giving into temptation today - it would have been so easy to do!!

Right am having a glee catchup night - gotta love sky plus!!!

Be back tomorrow!!

Mrs J:D

Good luck Mrs Justin, I am sure you will get to goal.

PB x

My sky plus is broken, so it hasn't recorded the last 3 weeks of glee :( nor anything else

Hi all, thanks for the messages of support... have been a bit slack with the posting over the past few days, but am back tonight!

Haven't been brilliant over the past few weeks, not been awful but have been picking at things that I shouldn't have! I've got my weigh in tomorrow, and not expecting much at all, but hoping for a loss however small!

I think I've just got to take it one day at a time, and stop putting so much pressure on myself to lose a certain amount in a week.... any loss is better than none right?! So although I'd love to be at target by the time I go to Germany, I'm not gonna beat myself up about it - that will only make things worse. I need to sort out my food issues before anything else, and work out why I eat when I'm not hungry - and how I can stop doing this!!

I was seriously thinking about coming off CD and going back to SW, but I think I'll stick at the CD for now, and when I get to Germany maybe go back to SW as I know there is one over there..... it might help with the portion sizes at any rate! 9 weeks to go now, so whatever I lose has to be a bonus - I just have to keep thinking of the summer and what it would feel like to be much slimmer in the heat.

Right, enough rambling for now, off to watch Glee!!

MrsJ:D

Morning, Thank you for the encouragement in my diary - really do appreciate it xx

It must be hard for you being over here with your other half over 'there'. I've a friend whose husband's in the RAF. He's based in Lincolnshire but has been on training missions for most of the last 12 months so she hasn't seen much of him.

Good luck with WI today xx

Hello!

Thanks for the message Sue, it is very hard but you do get used to it!

Well that's it now, am officially unemployed.... finished work yesterday before the move and am absolutely gutted! I knew it was coming and I might whinge and whine about my job but I do love it..... I love teaching and all that comes along with it, and now I'm scared I wont be able to get another job when I get out there!! Oh well, must look for the positives and not get down about it, as that just leads to more eating which I definitely dont want!!!!

I managed to lose 4 pounds this week, so I am very pleased about that.... however did put on 5 last week, so am still a pound up on what I should be, but I'm feeling more positive now. More time to go to the gym....... and more me time I guess!! No more cake in the staffroom will be nice!!!!

Not got too much to write about at the moment, so will just have a read through other people's diaries today!

Hope everyone is good.

MrsJ x

hi! well done on the loss. you seem to be doing really well!

Thanks guys.... it's hard, but you have to keep going really. As far as I can see there's no alternative!! MrJ home tomorrow for a week - the first time we've actally had time off at the same time since Christmas, so I am very excited!! Just got to drive to Birmingham in the morning to pick him up!

On the diet front, not going to badly, keeping on track although am definitely not drinking enough at the moment - must get going on that one!! Had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning - I know I shouldn't - and they seem to be going downwards which is always exciting!Am going to try and keep off of them for a while now though, next weigh in on Tuesday and it would be nice to get a surprise and a bigger loss so am just going to keep it up and see what happens. Taking it a day at a time, and any loss is good for me.

Hope you are all well x

well done mrs J. you can do it, and i hope you get a huge surprise when you weigh in on tuesday.

aaaaaggggghhhhhh really struggling right now.... seriously considering jacking it all in and going back to slimming world.....

I really cant seem to get my head in the right place at the moment - does anyone else ever get that?? I don't even want to eat rubbishy stuff.... am craving fruit and vegetables which is a first for me!

I suppose it doesn't help that I've just spoken to my husband, and instead of being on a course in Hull for the next 7 weeks, he's being returned to unit and going back to Germany..... this means we might be moving sooner than I thought, and I just can't cope with it all.... I really hate uncertainty, and just when I had it all sorted, its changed again.... getting really quite stressed about it all again :(

Just trying to stop myself from eating right now, think I'll go and have a catch up of other peoples diaries for some inspiration.

Mrs J x :sigh:

I'm craving tomato's..i don't event want crap either.

How long have you been doing CD?

MrsJ

How are you today ? I have found that if I set myself targets too far in advance then I was setting myself up for a fall - I am on Day 3 of my last restart, and am telling myself that it is just for one more day, then tomorrow, it will be just one more day - that way it all seems doable...

I also think that with all the upheaval and uncertainty that you have at the moment, it is no surprise that you want to seek solace in food/drink - but you will just have to lose it all again when you move and go back to SW - CD works, and it's the fastest diet that I know to get the results you want - yes it is hard and you have to have your head in the right place to get through it... but then again if you don't want to spend another Summer uncomfortable in the heat - like me - then stick at it...

Come on here for help and support - we will do all that we can for you..

T
x

Back