Need some support!

Sonya, I was like you - I'd never come across anyone else who did CD, as I live in the middle of nowhere... it was a blind leap of faith for me, I guess. And desperation makes those leaps possible! I needed to be rescued from real misery and nobody could even see how low I was, let alone help me. CD gave me the control back, the tools I needed to help myself. It turned my life around, no joke.

I do think you need to be ready to take on a challenge if you want to succeed, so if you are not sure if you really want to be slim, or are ready to look at the reasons why you're not - then maybe it's not the right time for you. But if you are determined, then CD is fantastic. I hope you both - Sonya & Manda - decide to give it a go. No, it's not easy, but nor is being overweight, miserable and in the grip of compulsive eating, as I was. Life's not easy. But you are equal to the challenge if you want to be, and the rewards are SO worth it!
xxx

Hey,
Manda, you should definitely talk to a CDC so that you can make an informative decision. Also when I met with my CDC for the first time it was really motivating. I think after meeting her, I was 60% in it.

I know it's hard but as mentioned by Katycakes, it's hard being overweight, chosing clothes in the morning, making sure my makeup is perfect so at least someone will say "your face is pretty" cos they can't compliment any other part of you, not feeling like I am a man amongst men (meaning not looking huge and butch, having bigger muscles than them).

There are alot more things I could put but there is already a thread created for that!

Just try your best and don't give up and accept your weight cos this isn't all just so we can look good but also cos of our health.

Katycakes, it was a huge leap of faith but as you said, when you are desperate you go to these measures! You have done great though. Can I ask when you started noticing the difference in your clothes? And your mirror?

I think everyone can come on here and finally be themselves and it's a side not many people in our lives would really understand. I can't talk to anyone in my life about how my weight makes me feel so this site is a great outlet for me, which is why I'm still typing!!

Take care

Sonya, same again... when I started this journey there was no way I could talk to anyone about my emotional/compulsive eating or how bad I felt about myself. (So bad I wanted to run away from my life, all that was good & bad in it). Minis was a lifeline and helped me to bring my eating issues out into the open and talk about things that others may not have understood - or, more honestly, that I was too ashamed to share with people close to me.

Now I am able to talk more openly about my feelings, about CD and about the journey I am on, to the people I love... and they are are more supportive & understanding (most of them) as a result.

You asked when I first saw a difference... I started CD in late November & I noticed a difference less than a month later... by Xmas I felt & looked better, had lost maybe a stone. It kept me focused. But in the last month people I haven't seen for a while are really noticing the change, and that is great motivation. The biggest change of all was in how I felt - I went from exhausted and depressed to focused and sharp within a week of starting CD... I'd been self-medicating for so long with carbs & sugar I felt literally ill with it, and CD wiped all that away.

You are doing so well honey, this time it can work for you too!
xxx

Hey,

That's all I want now is to feel the difference in my clothes and then that will provide me with all the determination and drive that i need!

Hopefully towards the end of the month I should feel the difference.

If I'm being honest, I'm seeing my ex on my birthday in July and I want him to look at me just be blown away. We finished because of various reasons and I know he still loves me like I love him but I would never get back with him, I just want to see that look!

I know I should be doing it for myself but at the minute I would do it for any reason.

You're doing really well; I would just keep moisturising. However I have heard some people do a little bit of strength training to help tone.

I've read about moisturising and people training but I guess I just don't like either! Lol.

I guess I should at least start moisturising.

I'm still going strong!

I don't believe it. Day 8 and I took the kids to MD's. We then stopped off at a shop on the way home and on my return to the car I was hit by the smell of MD's (sorry, not sure if we can mention food here). I came home served it on a plate and I didn't take one bite, not one!!

If I can survive that, I can survive anything!!!

Yay, just had to share that achievement with you.

CD Rocks

Do you notice sonya you smell food more than you did before ?
hehe I notice that ... its teasing time I think lol

Yeah MsJMC I most definitely can smell food now, I can smell all the ingredients that go into a dish (not necessarily recognise them though!).

I have been food shopping today which was a pleasurable experience cos I didn't have to fight myself about what is good for and what is not. I came back and cleared all the fridge and freezer of stuff that I won't eat.

I'm feeling positive! Although, I'm suffering from a reoccuring nightmare. In my nightmare I accidentally take a sip of ribena or I eat a chip. The best thing is, I wake up feeling determined beacuse in my nightmare, when I've consumed something, I feel so stupid and dissappointed in myself.

Anyone else suffer from this?

I have read about some weird dreams when people have been on CD , and yes I have read that they thought they'd eaten something and thought did I ? or was it in the dream ?
Wonder why we have weird dreams more so on CD ?
Yes fast food places you really get a strong smell for too .
bloddy food lol
I have just been shopping also just got back . I think we can live without food for a while :)

Lol MsJMC, that bloody takeaway food is what got me here in the first place!

I think when something significant has happened or is happening then obviosly you think about it more and your thoughts catch up with you in your dreams too. I've had the same dreams about my brother's wedding. My reoccuring nightmare had me at home at 9am with nothing to wear when we should be leaving the house at 8.30am!!!Argh!

Have a look at what our dreams mean on the web
Yes taht lovely fast food you sure think about it , hey must tell you , today I went to my sisters and I walked in her house well the smell of bacon butties , my god drove me mental lol
She said Ho you've just miseed bacon butties , I thought thankgod lol
She don't know i'm on Cd lol

Back