Need support please

Sammie88

Silver Member
Hey guys

I do slimming world at home
I keep stopping and restarting but need to stop messing about

Only 9 weeks until my wedding and have a lot of social events this year especially in the next 2 months and I need to stop "treating myself"

I did lose a stone but put half a stone back on
Feel like Iv let myself down

Anyone wanna join me and help support each other?

How much have you got to loose ?

Your wedding is your best motivation, id stay home n skip any events that you know you can't make good choices for and can skip. Easier to get your head down and into this.

Forward plan any you really can't miss, rest of the time at home you need to be spot on lots of water, super free and exercise

I originally lost a stone last summer with slimming world and felt great but then one thing after another made it a bit of a roller coaster weight loss so I'm now back to just a half stone loss which is still great

I originally wanted to lose 2 stone for the wedding but with me hitting obstacles along the way and the wedding is now only 2 months away I now have to choose a smaller more realistic goal for my time span.

I think if I can get back to my stone loss I will be happy so I would like to lose half a stone more and any more is a bonus!

Think I'm going to have to avoid bread and stick to free foods as much as possible and go steady on the syns!

It's events on the run up to the wedding that are putting me off track at the minute, but I need to go back to planning meals out, sticking to salads and free foods when I'm out and saying NO to the junk!

It's so easy to slip back even if you know how to lose weight lol

I originally lost a stone last summer with slimming world and felt great but then one thing after another made it a bit of a roller coaster weight loss so I'm now back to just a half stone loss which is still great

I originally wanted to lose 2 stone for the wedding but with me hitting obstacles along the way and the wedding is now only 2 months away I now have to choose a smaller more realistic goal for my time span.

I think if I can get back to my stone loss I will be happy so I would like to lose half a stone more and any more is a bonus!

Think I'm going to have to avoid bread and stick to free foods as much as possible and go steady on the syns!

It's events on the run up to the wedding that are putting me off track at the minute, but I need to go back to planning meals out, sticking to salads and free foods when I'm out and saying NO to the junk!

It's so easy to slip back even if you know how to lose weight lol

Only you can do it, try cling onto the feeling of getting to your wedding Same if not heavier compared to if uve hit your goal.

Whatever buzz or nice feeling you get from those meals out are nothing compared to how ull feel forever and the pictures from your big day.

Wherever u go out just ask them and change the meals there's almost always something you can do to make a meal more sw friendly.

I think a stone is easily achieved in 2 months.

Don't skip the syns tho cutting them out wont always speed things up.

I'd also exercise it'll help even out your skin tone n any lumps n bumps

Thanks for the motivational words willfitskinnyjeans this is exactly what I need people to make me think twice!

Some friends tend to say "oh go on treat yourself" and I think yes I will but that's not what I should hear from friends, they forget to support my weight loss, its not their fault but it sets me off on a bad track!

I have a gym membership and try to go 2-3 times a week I love it! We do something different each time

And I walk or cycle up the hill to work and back everyday

It's my willpower around food that needs a good telling off lol

I'm your lady for that, if someone's goal is important to them you have to go for it no excuses no it's n buts either do it or don't but if you don't a d your gutted uve only urself to wonder why.

And I don't say for a second it's easy to do that.

Ppl say its ok its ok treat urself my answer now is I don't need to I've treated myself the last 10 yrs that's how I got to be fat n unhappy.

What I do is Ive found my comfort foods within slimming world n save them for treats.

How about before you go out eat a big fruit salad or something so your not going out starving and them tempted to go 3 courses or if you do fudge up then don't use that to also then give up next day n go out again or for lunch etc. rein it straight back in. If possible (not always) influence where your going out, indian restaurants can give good choices, i stay totslly away from pizza, if its to someone's house tell them before n they will understand its ur wedding I bet ppl will expect you to be careful more than moan that its more hassle to cater for u. You don't seem to have much to loose so its going to be e every little counts I'm afraid

You can definitely do it! Now I do know that everyone is different, but I started SW the same weight is you, and as of my 5th week last Tuesday, I had 12 pounds off!
As willfitskinnyjeans said, you should try your best to totally avoid any events coming up if it is at all possible.
Other options are to try switching plans for maybe every second or third week. I'm on extra easy normally, but after 2 weeks of losing 2lb, I did one full week of Original and lost 3 1/2lbs!
A lot of people will tell you that, while exercise does help, doing the same exercise will eventually not be enough. You need to either change the routine entirely or up the ante so to speak. Something as simply as taking a different route when cycling to work, or doing your usual gym workout backwards can really change things! Maybe also try a small workout at home on top of your gym workouts. I'm doing the 30-day Squat Challenge, and as I find squats ridiculous looking, I do them daily in the mornings while waiting on the kettle to boil! You'll find, once you get to day 3 or 4, you will use every mind trick you've ever seen on TV to get that kettle to boil!

Another trick I've learned to manage with, is saving my syns for night time. I was having a delightful can of Coke Zero or a cup of tea with one finger of a Time-Out or 3 chunks of Galaxy Caramel and either a packet of Velvet Crunch or 21 crisps from the Special K Cracker Crisps (4 syns). Having the same at lunch time always meant I still wanted something at night when I was flaked out on the couch, but keeping it until then put some manners on me!

It is so easy to get off track and so hard to get back on it!! Losing half a stone in 9 weeks is a realistic goal without piling too much pressure on yourself. What are your social events? Are they meals out or drinking or house visiting. If they can't be avoided a few days of success express could undo any damage from them. Do you have a diary on here? I find that helps keep me on track and remind me of how many syns I've used! Good luck, you can do it!!

Thanks for the advice chocahorrific and ally_88

I mainly do extra easy
I have tried success express but it did absolutely nothing for me I found I couldn't eat everything and was bloated
Green and originals are ok but extra easy suits me and my lifestyle

It's just my willpower sometimes I get off track

But I'm guna have a good day today!

I get married in 9 weeks so the events coming up tend to be wedding related like my hen do's, appointments with wedding cake baker, florist, venue etc or birthday meals for friends and family
But I suppose everyone knows I'm getting married so they will understand if I order a salad or swap the chips for potatoes on my meals I guess they expect it now its not new to me Iv done strict dieting before I just gotta get my head into gear!

Ok so weight last spring: 12st 8lb
Todays weight 12st 0lb

Loss since last week 2lb :)
Good motivational start Yay!

Ok so weight last spring: 12st 8lb
Todays weight 12st 0lb

Loss since last week 2lb :)
Good motivational start Yay!

Well done :)2 lb is a big chunk off 7lb

Other than your hen do (all I'd say for that is make best choices you can up until you really don't want to like breakfast that morning , and snacks make them healthy it'll help.

All the other events there's no reason why you need to go off plan, the cake if your tasting the cake yes but just have a small sample of it. If your not tasting it stay on plan try to sway your choice of where you go and look up what you will have

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go

So today iv had

35g coco shreddies HEB

apple
Yogurt 0.5

Cereal bar 3.0
Strawberries

Chicken, leeks, mushrooms, bacon, new potatoes, 1 tbsp soft cream cheese 2.0

Microwave popcorn 6.0
Chocolate cornflake cluster 3.5 ... Fiancé came back from his 4day stag so i decided to join him in the snacks but limit myself and count my syns don't feel guilty

Thanx also Iv been doing sit ups morning and night (when I remember lol)

iv got a sinus cold at the minute so Iv stopped cycling to work (walking instead) but hopefully im still going to the gym twice this week if I can breathe lol

Usually if I feel ill I fall off track and struggle to get back on

Hey guys having a really busy week at work and not always getting time to stop for a lunch break, and because i dont want to grab naughty food i just dont eat til i finish work at 4 ...not ideal

think I might have to switch to sandwiches for my lunch so I can eat on the go if I have to.
It's not ideal but think I need finger food incase I don't get time

Anyone got any other ideas for food on the go? as bread tends to bloat me

Thanks for all the support
Xxx

Hey guys having a really busy week at work and not always getting time to stop for a lunch break, and because i dont want to grab naughty food i just dont eat til i finish work at 4 ...not ideal

think I might have to switch to sandwiches for my lunch so I can eat on the go if I have to.
It's not ideal but think I need finger food incase I don't get time

Anyone got any other ideas for food on the go? as bread tends to bloat me

Thanks for all the support
Xxx

A box of crab stick, pickles onions, baby bell cheese. Chicken pieces?

Love cheese pickled onions and chicken, ill give the crab sticks a miss though

You can buy little pack up boxes which desperate bits so they don't all mush together

There as quick n easy as a bar of chocolate. Have some carrot batons? And a yoghurt for pudding and that's lunch

Back