Need the know how!

JustForMe

Gold Member
Hi im new to this forum, and want to start the cambridge diet after lots of consideration.

Im 19 and and 5ft4 and weigh (gulp) 15 stone 6 and i want to get down to 10 stone 7 and i was just wondering what sort of things i was letting myself in for such as side effects, etc.

Im also in need of some inspiration how did you guys go about starting and how are you finding it?

any help is greatly appreciated =]

Hiya and welcome to Minis,
Your goal IS achievable as you'll see from many of the posts here. The hardest part is taking the first step because there is a fear to stepping out of our "food" comfort zone and into the unknown.
I'm 5'2" and started off at 14st6lbs class 2 obese. I'm now 11stone 10lbs (started in January) and in the overweight catagory.
This is not an easy diet or a quick fix diet as many might tell you. It is possible to lose this weight and keep it off (again, many "outsiders" will tell you that once you stop you will put it all back on again!).
I would advise reading lots of posts on here. We were all nervous newbies once, full of questions and fears.
I have received nothing but support and care on this forum and try to support others in turn.
As for side effects, some people have problems going to the loo - some people the opposite. Most people report feeling great on the diet. I have more energy and think I'm probably getting all the right nutrients for the first time in my life!lol Basically, we're all different and you just have to deal with whatever comes up but I haven't seen any really negative effects of CD myself (except people telling me I'm losing too much weight!)
You have made a great decision to address the issues you have about your weight and I bet in a few weeks you'll be talking to other newbies and reassuring them also!
Take care and good luck - we're here when you need us.
Tansyx:)

Firstly well done for losing so much weight! Im definatly going to go ahead with the diet im just worried in the end about putting all the weight back on. when your on the diet is there special sort of things you need to do like lots and lots of exercise? im just really nervous before i go see a cdc and dont want to be doing this all for nothing :S

isnt there ever a feeling of hunger and what about all those vitamins and minerals you need is it actually safe?

Once you get into ketosis (day 3 mainly) you wont feel hungry anymore. You have all the vitamins and minerals in the packs you need for the day. You must have your 3/4 a day and drink them all. Hope this helps.

Back