Need to get a grip on calorie counting!

annaphylactic

Guess who's back...?
Hi everyone,

I've recently stopped Lighter Life, where I have lost just under five stone. I am now hoping to move onto a different 'food based' (hehe) diet to lost the last stone and a half.

Have looked at Low Carb, Low GI/GL and calorie counting.

I think counting calories and upping my exercise looks like the best way forward - I know the other two ways 'work', but my problem is quantity above anything else - so having restrictive calories may be just the ticket.

Anyway - I have NO clue how many calories are in foods, and whilst it is easy to check labels when shopping etc, it is not so easy when eating out, grabbing something from the market etc.

Are there any good (free) websites, or any little handbag sized books that you can recommend?

Is BMR a good way to work out your max?? Mine is about 1850 (after it's been multiplied by 1.2)... so I guess I should aim for about 1300 per day? Not too bothered how quickly the weight comes off, as long as it goes in the right direction... there is always a fear that you will pile back on weight after being on a VLCD, and I am determined not to let that be the case with me!

Anna xx

Thanks Taz... it looks like it is only a trial.. I need a site that is free 'forever', but appreciate you sending the link. Thank you :D

A xx

Back