need to let off steam pls!!!!!!!

slimwannabe

Silver Member
ok peeps and in need to have a rant so hope it's ok.

Today I had my 1st day back at work as have had 1yr off on maternity leave after having baby no 3. Ppl noticed straight away that I had my shakes and started with the questions as to why I am putting myself and my body through this??
Then I had 'well you won't be able to keep it up for long before failing' and 'sarah did it and has put it all back on and more' and so on and so on.
I explained that it was upto me and it's down to how disciplined you can be and that I am 100% going to not only achieve but also maintain and was laughed at,so ended up being the butt of the days jokes :(
Why do ppl see it ok to make comments like this when it really has nothing to do with them?
I personally think it's only because they are so insecure in themselves and know they have not got the willpower to do it as most of them are overweight.
But don't worry cause each day they sit at their desks eating biscuits and cakes I will be drinking my shakes and water getting not only thinner but happier to whilst they all get bigger and more unhappy ha!! so there ranting over now,but I will have the last laugh and I know who my friends are as they are the ones who will support me.

Thanks to anyone can be bothered to read this.

Natalie xx :jelous:

Natalie hun you make sure u carry on drinking your shakes with your head held up high and enjoy.!

Look forward to the new slimmer you very soon, you have lost 8lbs already.!
I had the same problems with my work friends well only one lady she kept going on and on.!

But here i am 3 stones lighter then her, And i hope their will be people who will carry on to support you. x

Hi Natalie,

Sorry your first day back was spoilt by petty comments. Don't let them get you down, you'll have the last laugh as you slim down :)

Rise above their petty comments. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

screw them hun! They arent the boss of you....and your doing CD is, as you say, none of their business so dont let their thoughts or comments get to you!
Its amazing how much people think its "ok" to comment on your weight more when your losing weight...they would never have said anything about my weight when i was 17 stone! lol

xx

See previous post about 'friends and their influences' and you may gather this is one of my pet hates. I just think its appalling people feel free to comment about others weight/ diet choices. Sound like you've got your head in the right place though to be able to rise above it. You keep up the good work, you will feel fab, and all the others and their cream cakes can eat their words! xx

Amazing how people make negative comments for such a positive step that you are taking. If you wern't doing anything about your weight you would still be in the wrong so I wouldn't worry, sounds like it is pure jealousy. Jealous that you have the will power to stick at something they know they wouldn't be able to last one day on.

Stay positive and remember when you are at goal who is gonna have the last laugh and be the joke of the day-it certainly won't be you.

Thanks for all the support ladies,am not due back till tue nxt week now but am already dreading it if they start again. I have a wedding and bbq to go to this weekend and am more than ever determined to stick to cd 100% so I will be there with my water and shake,also the bride to be is my best mate and she is totally behind me on this.she has already commented on how different and more positive I sound about everything so has got to be a good thing. Am looking forward to WI on mon and hope I lose loads more so i can shut them all up in work.

Natalie xx

P.S sorry still ranting arn't I lol

Rant away slimwannabe! On my first time on Lighterlife I got quite a few remarks about how the diet doesn't work etc, research has shown that the weight will go back on (it doesn't - I googled some well respected studies by dieticians) - in the end I just blinded people with science to shut them up.
I think it can often be the insecurity of others.
Good Luck with the rest of your CD journey!

I know exactly how you feel, while I have a very supportive friend I also have one who is very well meaning. She is constantly saying how it must not be good for me and how I should stop soon as my bowel will pack in working as I havent eaten solids, how long term it should be banned etc. I know she is concerned about me and my health but it has to be healthier than the constant crap I was shoveling in my mouth before.

and rightly so i totally agree,and would like to thank all who have read and responded to my post. It's good to know I am not alone on this journey.

Natalie xx

Natalie people are just nervous and critical of what they don't know or understand and rely on people being too embarrassed to discuss their dietary habits to argue.

You're doing great, not worth even letting people in on your little secret! Well done hun x

We posted at the same time. You're not alone on here. There's always someone online.

Hi Natalie,

Strangely, for me the experience would be the biggest motivator ever... I just love proving people wrong... the whole, You'll never stick with it and you won't keep the weight off.... red rag to this very stubborn bull!!

Go to your BBQ and Wedding enjoy the party atmosphere and stick to it 100%.... You know that it's your choice and prove those doubters wrong... I'd like to be there to watch them eat their calorie laden words!!!

Thanks everyone and yes I will let you all know if I made it through the weekend 100%,It does make me more determined though when ppl say I won't/can't succeed.Kinda the worst thing they cud say to me really.
Well done to all of you on your fab losses,I can't wait to be an inspiration for others as well.

Nat xx

Yep I think most people have heard those comments while being on CD as people who haven't done the diet don't understand it.

I had it at work and I just had a good old cackle in my head watching them eat cakes etc getting fatter while I sipped a chocolate tetra feeling very high and mighty.

However that might just be me coz I'm going slightly mad! Lol

Back