Need to lose about 21 stone

Hi, I weigh 31 stone and would love to do Cambridge Diet. I need a very low calorie allowance to lose weight as I am very very inactive and can't lose weight on 1000 - 1500 calories.

However, because my main diabetic tablets (Metformin) are not as effective as they should be, (due to my extreme heavy weight), I need to take supplementary diabetic tablets called Rosiglitazone. CD's head office say that these will make my blood sugar go too low on CD so I am not allowed to do CD.

I have just got to come to terms with the fact that I will just have to go on a very low calorie diet with food rather than doing it on CD as I had set my heart on.

I am not the sort of person who eats take aways, or even crisps, biscuits, sweets etc. I don't have a large appetite either. I just need to eat a very low calorie allowance as I spend most of my time in bed. I cannot even sit in my living room as I can't fit in the armchair or if I wedge myself in, can't get up again! I can't get in a bath either. Many things other people take for granted, I can't do.

For the last 3 days or so I have been having 2 x 300 calorie meals at 7 am and 3 pm with melon slices as snacks. So far so good.

I can't log in every day, but will make this site my main site as I feel that in time I will get a lot of inspiration on this site.

Hi Lady in London,

I'm very glad you've found our site, I hope you'll find it helpful. The WeMITTS will help in any way we can as we better understand the issues involved. Hopefully some of the others will be along soon.

Since you are eating very low calorie I would advise you also to take a multi vitamin & mineral to make sure you don't become deficient in anything that could slow your weight loss or make you feel more ill.

Good luck with your diet!

Love xxx

Hi Lady in London and welcome to minimins.

I was wondering if you ought to speak to your doctor about your options. I am concerned you aren't getting the right nutrients that your body needs and it could make you ill. I am sure with medical supervision (maybe they can send a dietician to see you?) you will find a plan that is right for you?

Good luck with it and for support you are definately in the right place.

Hiya, Can't offer much advise, but wanted to welcome you anyway! Looking forward to getting to know you and good luck with the weight loss!

Everyone here is brilliant, and have helped me out loads already and i have only been here a couple of weeks!

Hi lady in london,how are u doing.
My name is Roch and i am in a simular situation to you,i started slimming world 2 weeks ago weighing 27.9 and i am doing ok.
This site has been a god send to me they have helped me so much its unbelievable, and i know there are so many people here who understand what we are going through, we all understand what it is like to be so overweight and very unhappy and wanting to change our life.
This site has offered me support,advice,tips and friendship and i hope you will make yourself at home,there is always someone around to chat to and you can always send a private message as well.
Have a good week and take care,i have also sent you a private message you should see a box come up on the front of your screen telling you when you have a private message xxx

Last edited:
Hi Lady in London. The Wemitts are a special group of people who have or had a lot of weight to lose. Everyone is so helpful and encouraging and we will be with you every step of your journey. Take one day at a time and you will get there. Don't look at the whole picture. I know I couldn't and I just look at one stone at a time and keep chipping away at the pounds.
Welcome to our happy family

Irene xx

You have definitely come to the right place for help!! There will be loads of people on here with similar amounts of weight to lose that will be able to advice you more.. good luck on your journey :)

Hello and very many thanks for all your replies. I have already replied to you Roch. I had so many registering problems on this site, thanks to AOL and their cookies, but all is fine now and I am sure you will all offer advice and help me along.

I have come across a few people saying that a very low calorie diet will put my body into starvation mode, but I have to get the balance right. The usual calorie allowance for someone to lose weight doesn't work with me as I rarely do anything. My Consultant has given me the go-ahead to do 500 calories and I have had nutritional advice from the Dietician. I have gained 5 stone since last February so will see the GP next week as I think it's probably due to my diabetic medication - not sure. If I can stop that, then I can get permission to do Cambridge Diet, which I want to try.
Anyway, once again, thanks for the welcome, and I hope you all have a good day.
Pam

Hi Lady In London, Welcome, you have come to the right place for understanding, help, support and a good giggle! Remember tiny steps taken often enough will get you there. IT sound like you have the odds stacked against you at the moment but with every few pounds you lose it will, slowly start to get easier. I wish you all the luck in the world on your journey and remember to keep posting here - I promise it will help.
Hugs

Hi, I weigh 31 stone and would love to do Cambridge Diet. I need a very low calorie allowance to lose weight as I am very very inactive and can't lose weight on 1000 - 1500 calories.

However, because my main diabetic tablets (Metformin) are not as effective as they should be, (due to my extreme heavy weight), I need to take supplementary diabetic tablets called Rosiglitazone. CD's head office say that these will make my blood sugar go too low on CD so I am not allowed to do CD.

I have just got to come to terms with the fact that I will just have to go on a very low calorie diet with food rather than doing it on CD as I had set my heart on.

I am not the sort of person who eats take aways, or even crisps, biscuits, sweets etc. I don't have a large appetite either. I just need to eat a very low calorie allowance as I spend most of my time in bed. I cannot even sit in my living room as I can't fit in the armchair or if I wedge myself in, can't get up again! I can't get in a bath either. Many things other people take for granted, I can't do.

For the last 3 days or so I have been having 2 x 300 calorie meals at 7 am and 3 pm with melon slices as snacks. So far so good.

I can't log in every day, but will make this site my main site as I feel that in time I will get a lot of inspiration on this site.

Welcome Pam,

I love your user name "Lady in London" it is lovely and don't change it:)

Have you looked into doing the GL diet which will balance your blood sugars and you will lose weight at the same time.

Hi Highly recommend Antony Worrall Thompson's "GL diet made simple with Dr. Mabel Blades and Jane Suthering"

Every receipe is worked out for you already and it takes all the hard work knowing what you can and can't eat and you will lose weight.

The book has recipes that work out at 155kcal per portion, just glancing through the book 378kcal per portion is one of the higer ones.

What you could do is make the recipe up and if you have no one to share it with you can divide it up into say six portion or how many the receipes states it will feed then put each portion in sealed containers and freeze it for yourself to reheat and use as you need.

Has your doctor done blood tests to see if you are run down and in need of a tonic to build you up, as most people who are obese do seem to suffer from a lack of vitamins, especially magnesium if you eat a lot of carbs.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Pam
Welcome to the wemitts - you'll find no better place for all the help, support and understanding that's needed to lose a large amount of weight.

Everyone here appreciates the extra issues involved in starting off as morbidly obese and we cheer each other along through every major and minor milestone. Just the other day, I felt on top of the world because I was able to get through a turnstile ... most people wouldn't understand what that meant to me but my wemitt buddies new exactly what I was feeling :)

I hope you got my private message regarding the diabetes: it's just another issue that many very overweight people have to overcome but as your weight comes down bit by bit, your health AND your confidence will get better and better.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you better and sharing your weight loss journey with you.

HI Lady in London!

Take heart that everyone here is 110% behind you. Sometimes just sitting reading other peoples struggles and successes can be very helpful - you most certainly are not alone in your battle.

There are lots of people here who will try to answer any questions you have and who will give unvavering support to you.

I hope your doctor can give you some more answers and guidence. Let us know how you get on!!

Hi Lady

I can't really add much to what everyone else has said, just wanted to say good luck with your journey. Set yourself small goals and rewards to keep yourself motivated and try not to look at the big picture, which I know is not easy.

Get on here an post as often as you can, on the good days we will cheer for you and the bad days we will try and support you.

hi! at only 2stone lighter than you i have just started CD and found it the best one for me.

i have tried slimming world and Weight Watchers and the best thing for me is detoxing my body and being told no food as they i wont get tempted to eat naughy things.

i started on sat and have lost 11lbs already.

good luck and tell us how u get on!

I can't add any but I can reiterate that I am so pleased you found your way to minimims :D

Everyone on here is such a friendly bunch. We don't judge because we have all been through too much to know life isn't that easy :(

This place is great for getting tips, motivation and also for letting off steam in your difficult times which are what will make or break your diet.

If you find you are having a tough time then come on here and make use of the site because between you and us, you WILL get through this ;)

Wow, thanks for the encouragement and responses from you. You are all doing so well, and I am amazed that people are succeeding so well especially those on VLCD as it has always seemed to be taboo to admit to being on such a diet. I was managing on 600 - 800 for the last 3 days, but have had to up it and am now having 1200 - 1500 a day but making sure the cals are made up of more healthy choices, and I have learned that certain foods are better than others, so have cut out those. I have discovered my personal hunger buster of 2 slices wholemeal bread, no marge, with slices of tomatoe and cucumber. I have that from time to time in the day for 150 calories or so. I have my GP appointment on 7 September, (or sooner if there is a cancellation), to try to stop those diabetic tablets so I can do CD because thinking about it I think it is the one for me. Providing I do not order the items in Tesco online which have been my downfall - humous, coleslaw and yoghurts. If I don't order them (my daughter loves those), and she can do without then I won't be tempted. Anyway, thanks again for the encouragement. You are all doing so well. I will try to come online in a couple of days or so. Take care,
Pam

Back