Need to some help please DESPERATELY - ICE MOOSE NEEDED

dyingtobeslim

Hi everyone, I am in a really bad space and the more I dwell on it the worse I'm feeling. My chatterbox has been working overtime since I "fell" off my wagon, I wake up every day telling myself I can do this, I get to lunchtime and "chatterbox" starts telling me , how bad this is for me, how I'll only lose the weight only to put it back on again, how I should just join WW and lose weight whilst eating food (done that upteenth times) basically every negative you can think of. Then I come on here and read all the success stories and really all I'm pleading for is for you guys to tell me AGAIN why I should do this, WHY I can do it...............I read about you amazing people who have lost 6/7 stone and I think WOW - I need to lose 2STONE how do I find that determination!!!! So, I've poured my little heart to all on minimins and I await something......MIRACLE.....

One thing I do know that everyone on here has said, once you get your GOLDEN MOMENT don't ever cheat because it is SO SO HARD TO GET BACK INTO, I KEEP BEATING MYSELF UP FOR EATING WHEN I DID BECAUSE I WAS ON A MAJOR HIGH AND WAS DOING OKAY.

Enough....................................replies please LOADS:sigh::sigh::sigh:

Hey D2TS, Stop beating yourself up, so you fell off - we all do we are only human after all. What is important is getting back on it as quickly as possible. I've been back on this diet for 2 weeks and fell off at the weekend, felt crappy but got back onto it yesterday. I think the more you dwell on it the more impossible you think it will be. You can do this, just take each day as it comes. You are right you do have choices - you could use another diet, there are pluses and minuses with each diet. You need to weigh up which one is right for you. I nearly went back to SW until I worked out it would take me about 8 months to reach goal so I opted for CD knowing it would be harder but quicker. Perhaps you could talk to your CDC about trying 790 until you get you head around the SS plan?? We are all here for you, you have made the biggest step by posting this thread. Good luck Vxxx

Perhaps you need to occupy your mind with something else, go for a walk or the hairdressers. I tend to get up in the morning and go out and do my cycle training. I like to stay out for about 4 hours, that may include popping into the shops to see how the latest clothes are fitting me or not as the case may be. Its good incentive if you see your putting on or taking off. The afternoon is my worst time between 4-6pm so I tend to busy myself then with perhaps coming on here, cleaning, taking a shower. I really do believe the secret is in keeping busy and keeping the mind away from the kitchen.
I also last thing at night think to myself tomorrow will be another good day and plan the day mentally in my mind. That way I get up knowing what im going to do and get on with it.
I wish you all the best and dont beat yourself up. We are all human and have our chatterbox times. Part of Cambridge is a learning journey, learning how to deal with it. If all else fails there are some good psychology books out there to help you learn how to deal with it. That will also take your mind off of your food.

Come on you can do it, shut that chatterbox up for good!! It's amazing how the mind takes over what we do...

Take it hour by hour if needs be and join the hour by hour thread, they will talk your chatterbox out of you!!

Love

Our inner chatterboxes are a pain in the ass!

I was one of the fortunate people who did not suffer much with hunger pains whilst getting in ketosis. However once I got into ketosis and moved into week 2 I suffered with the most horrendous cravings and I was almost climbing the walls for hours at a time they were so bad. Strange isn't it that my fake mental/emotional hunger would actually make me feel more uncomfortable and likely to give in than actual physical hunger :eek:.

When I started SS I had 6 stone to lose, was morbidly obese and my health was really suffering from my ever-increasing weight. I really saw CD as my last chance to get the weight off as I had tried most coventional diets with limited success. I think maybe it was the fact that it was my health now driving the desire to lose weight that gave me the oomph I needed to get my head down and power through the bad days - that and sheer desperation!

The chatterbox will try again and again to lead you astray - but everytime you say no and deny the chatterbox, in my experience, it is slightly easier to say no the next time.

You have read and seen the amazing success stories of people that have followed CD so you know it works. But you also know that it only works if you stick to it. I know its difficult to deny the chatterbox but it is possible - mind over matter ;).

If someone had told me a year ago that I would end up following SS and sticking to it for 4 months I would have laughed in their face. But I did do it and it really has been worth that initial period of abstinence and dis-comfort.

Sallies, AkersV and Nikki have all given you some great recommendations - maybe try 790 for a few weeks to ease yourself back into CD, use the hour by hour thread to keep you on the straight and narrow, find jobs/hobbies to distract you when you are experiencing a craving and perhaps read a book or two about different ways to handle mental/emotional desires to eat. I also found it useful to set myself mini challenges to keep me on track.

Sorry - I have rambled on here. What I have been trying to say (I think) is that it is hard but you CAN do this, ignore the chatterbox, and most importantly in your own words:
Size 12 or size 18 YOUR CHOICE:wave_cry:

Ruth, Vicky, Nikki and Sallies, thank-you, I am so so glad I decided to bite the bullet and post this morning. You have all given me so much to think about, I am going to print out your replies and keep reading them

Funny, I have not fallen off the wagon because of physical HUNGER, it's the CB going on with stuff like "is it going to work" "what if's" blah blah blah.

I am getting onto my wagon tomorrow morning although I have not eaten any bad stuff today, had two weetabix with milk BUT at least 3 mugs of tea with sugar and MILK. So back on tomorrow, I'm going to find something to read about emotional hunger etc.....and will be on here hour by hour. I CAN DO THIS!!! Thanks for taking time to reply, this site is the best.

Size 12 here I come:p

No problem! That's what we are here for! I have a book at home that may help - I'll ring my Hubbie (who is shirking from home) and get the title for you (my CDC recommended I read it but haven't had time - been too busy on here!! LOL Back soon. Vx

Geneen Roth

Here's the link to the Author's website - the book is called "When food is love" but like I said I've not read it yet! Although I had no idea she had a website dedicated to the subject of emotional eating/the voice in your head that tells you to eat so am going to check that out - I'd like this voice to disappear for good! Hope it helps Vx

Hi Dyingtobeslim.

As the others have posted...don't beat yourself up over what has happened, just put it behind you and move on to the next chapter.
I ate really badly this weekend just gone and will know what damage I have done this evening when I weigh...but, I am still trying and that is all you can do.

Everyone on here made me realise that we are all human and not everyone can SS without stumbling occasionally - it happens.
You can do this - we can do this!!
No one said this was going to be easy, but don't worry, keep at it and you will get to that size 12!!!

Take care.

Kerry-Ann

x

Hey chick,

I'm with everyone else!!! You clearly want this so much- you just need to find a way to deal with each day step by step.

Personally I start each day with a clean slate and tell myself I only have to make it to the end of the day. I set myself some mini-goals throughout the day - maybe something like drink 3 pints of water by 10 o'clock, 6 pints by 3 o'clock and reward myself often. My little rewards are maybe a bar instead of shake, a coke zero, a bouillion or something like a hot bath, manicure, pedicure - whatever floats your boat mrs!! I also set times for my packs (which I split) so when/if hunger hits I tell myself to hang on until whatever time and then I can have my 1/2 pack.

Do whatever you need to do to take it 1 day at a time. You really can do this - you want it enough, you just need to make your bod cooperate with your brain and you'll be away. It's as much a mental game as it is physical. Get through 1 day cheat free and you'll soon have made it a week with no cheating, be in ketosis and the lbs will be falling off. C'mon hun - you can do this xx

I have read quite a few books while on CD hoping that this will help me to address the reasons why I have become overweight in the first place and help me to control my chatterbox once I have finished working through the CD plans.

I have read Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin and Beyond chocolate by the Boss sisters to name a few. My Favorite so far is Say Goodbye to Overeating by Gillian Riley. There are a lot of different schools of thought and approaches to handling emotional eating and overeating and I think its just a matter of finding the approach or a mixture of approaches that is most appropriate to you as an individual.

KarionDieting has posted a few really informative, thought provoking threads you might find insightful too :
http://www.minimins.com/maintenance-diary/20603-karion-rambles-no-2-food-addiction-peptides.html

It can be done sweetie - you will have your ups and downs with CD just the same as you will with almost anything in your life - you just need to keep your eye on the prize and should you fall down once in a while get straight back up, dust yourself off and keep going.

I will look forward to seeing your slinky size 12 after pictures :)

Hi everyone, you guys are the best, thank you. I am going to work on the CB and will re-start tomorrow. Vicky I've just checked out Geneen Roth's website and it seems pretty intersting, will go back onto it to have a read. Thank you.

Geneen Roth

Here's the link to the Author's website - the book is called "When food is love" but like I said I've not read it yet! Although I had no idea she had a website dedicated to the subject of emotional eating/the voice in your head that tells you to eat so am going to check that out - I'd like this voice to disappear for good! Hope it helps Vx

I wanted to thank dyingtobeslim for this thread and Akersv for this recommendation. I have ordered the book through Amazon but have to wait for it to be delivered as it's from the States. I struggle immensely as soon as I stop doing CD, I have a very chatty chatterbox unfortunately and I am a terrible binger :( hence I never stay slender for long. So I am hoping this book will help.

Thanks again dyingtobeslim and the very best of luck to you and everyone of course! xx

Always pleased to help! I might just try and read the one I have got if I can leave this site alone that is! :0) Vx

hi

hi dtbs, you can do this. I restarted last thursday get weighed on thursday not been 100% so i hope i have done ok. defo lost as my work trousers are looser.:Danyway dont worry a few blips is ok ...

Back