Need your help guys

cheekychops

On a mission!
Had my first WI today, after nearly 2 weeks on CD, I've lost - 4 pounds.

I'm Really disappointed and don't know why this happened. I haven't cheated once. The only thing I've had other than Cambridge stuff is coffee with a tablet sweetner & 1 cup of peppermint tea.

There were 2 days that I had 3 packs and 1 day that I only had 2. I had 1 bar and I felt hungry the next day, when previously I hadn't.

I'm over 5'8, so I've been having 4 packs a day. My CDC said today that I only need 3. This was her only suggestion.

I would have thought you needed 4 a day at 5'8".

It does seem strange you have only lost 4 pounds, the first two weeks are usually the highest loss ones. I know some people find they have a couple of low loss weeks, then lose loads in one week when they've done everything the same. Weird!

Don't let the low weight loss put you off, how are your clothes feeling?

Hi Cheeky Chops,

I am 5ft 8 too and am on 4 packs, bloody hell its more expensive :):)

Anyway I just wanted to say that on the odd day that I was only able to take 3 packs I noticed that I didn't lose as much as I normally did!! Strange but true.:eek:

Plus (and I think its linked) for our height we need the extra nutrients. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but you really should be taking four unless ur doing the 810 plan :):)

My jeans felt a bit losser today.

4 pounds though? I could cry. I bought more CD packs today, but honestly I just want to get ready and go out on the piss tonight and have fun.

hum i would check with one of the CDC's on here about the packs, but it sounds to me like you arent getting enough and your body is going into starvation mode, hence you arent losing as much weight as you should.
please dont give up just yet.
the other thing to remember is we didnt gain the weight over night, so theres not much chance of losing it that quickly either.
and we all know our bodies play tricks on us! Ever had a "fat" day when you due to go to a special event?
and totm plays a part too....
there are many reasons why you didnt have a good weigh in today, but next week who knows???
you could catch up and lose loads!!!!
good luck hun

Do you need a poo? Sorry for being so graphic but these can weigh a fair amount...people have been known to lose 5lbs after a good turn out.

Are you on a period? Water retention can account for quite a few pounds.

Your body will settle down and you will start have decent losses...try not to worry too much and give the plan another week.

Good luck x

I'm not pooing everyday, my CDC said it's ok as long as I'm not experiencing any discomfort. I don't know about the period because with the pill I'm on I don't have one, although since starting CD, I've started bleeding everyday.

I just don't understand how I haven't cheated and that's all I lost.

My concerns are:

1) The infrequent pooing
2) Not drinking enough water
3) Should I have 3 or 4 packs a day?
4) The bleeding

I just want to do well on this and I'm so disappointed.

I'd really appreciate any input. Thanks guys.

How much water are you drinking?

Had my first WI today, after nearly 2 weeks on CD, I've lost - 4 pounds.

I'm Really disappointed and don't know why this happened. I haven't cheated once. The only thing I've had other than Cambridge stuff is coffee with a tablet sweetner & 1 cup of peppermint tea.

There were 2 days that I had 3 packs and 1 day that I only had 2. I had 1 bar and I felt hungry the next day, when previously I hadn't.

I'm over 5'8, so I've been having 4 packs a day. My CDC said today that I only need 3. This was her only suggestion.

Ok,
You need the 4 packs a day. regardless. You are over 5'8 tall and need all the nutrients.
Have 4 packs, at least your 4 pints (2 1/4 litres) of water a day, black tea and coffee with a tablet sweetener and nothing else.
Are you constipated? if so then pop to a chemist and get some senna to start with. Then get on top of bowel action. Ask your CDC for fibre 89, go to Holland and Barretts and get some 100% pure psyllium husks. You need to ensure they are the pure ones, these places are prone to putting additives in,, read the label lol
you can get them online too here Psyllium Husks Digestive Fibre - 300g tub
I would suggest if you were my client then go to a food plan if you are not losing weight on SS. Sometimes the body needs a little food to get the weight off. Weird I know...
As far as your irregular bleeding goes, this is common on CD and should settle down.
I would suggest though if you are bleeding heavily and daily pop and see your GP or gynae clinic and get it checked out just to be sure.

Increase that, i would aim for 4-5l. When i was on CD i lost 7lbs in the week i increads from 2.5 - 5l a day. Also, give it some time, you never know you may be having a 7lbs loss this week.

The weight you lose in the beginning is your glycogen store, if you wern't a carb junky before CD then you wont actually lose that much in the first few weeks compared to someone who ate a large amount of carbs. At least keep it going til your next WI chick xx

Just another thought.. I usually say to my clients to stop drinking an hour or so before they come to see me. I once had a lady have a soup in 2 halves with extra water and a litre of water in the hour before she came... she lost 3lbs first week :eek: A litre of water weighs over 2lbs!

Ok,
You need the 4 packs a day. regardless. You are over 5'8 tall and need all the nutrients.
Have 4 packs, at least your 4 pints (2 1/4 litres) of water a day, black tea and coffee with a tablet sweetener and nothing else.
Are you constipated? if so then pop to a chemist and get some senna to start with. Then get on top of bowel action. Ask your CDC for fibre 89, go to Holland and Barretts and get some 100% pure psyllium husks. You need to ensure they are the pure ones, these places are prone to putting additives in,, read the label lol
you can get them online too here Psyllium Husks Digestive Fibre - 300g tub
I would suggest if you were my client then go to a food plan if you are not losing weight on SS. Sometimes the body needs a little food to get the weight off. Weird I know...
As far as your irregular bleeding goes, this is common on CD and should settle down.
I would suggest though if you are bleeding heavily and daily pop and see your GP or gynae clinic and get it checked out just to be sure.

Thanks for getting back to me. :)

I don't think I'm constipated, at least, I'm not in any pain, but I haven't went a lot. I got some fibre 89 from CDC today and she said to have it if I start to have discomfort, but I think I'll start taking it now. Is it ok to add it to water?

I don't think that the bar I had went down too well with my system as I started to feel hungry in the days following it. So I'll be staying away from them.

I'm going to have 4 packs a day and make an effort to drink more water and see how I go over the next week or so.

Thanks guys. :)

I'm not giving up, I was just disappointed and confused.

Is it better to have the packs earlier in the day? I don't finish work till 8pm, so somtimes I don't have my last one until 9pm.

Next month (25th June) I don't drive, so my friend is taking me as my CDC lives miles away. Not the best, but I can weigh myself at home. My CDC is a nice lady, but she doesn't talk about the diet and she didn't give me any advice today. I left feeling awful.

Thanks for your help Spooky, I really appreciate it. :)

Back