NEED YOUR HELP............

mustdoit

susan
please

i see that i have lost weight in the morning and then i start sabotaging the diet by ....just had slice of bread with my soup :eek: .......yesterday great all day then i had a hobnob biscuit well 3 actually :mad:

i think i can get away with it but i know i can't .......if you can log in and keep me straight for the next 2 days i may loose this 19 lbs .....i drop in quite frequently during the day ...........asking for your help please xx:eek:

oh yousound just like me! idone cd for 5 weeks straight and each day i convinced myself i could get away with cheats, which i did, i lost 23lbs. then in week 5 i put on 7lbs.....it caught up with me. now its been a week since ive last been to cdc and im re-starting next week.

what about trying to keep your water intake up, maybe up an extra litre to make you feel full and not so snacky? easier said than done, i know, but so worth the effort. good luckxx

God aren't we our own worst enemies!! I know the logic states that we've already done the bulk of the work and are almost there so the last bit should be easy - but it isn't.

I'm dreading getting to the last stone as I've heard how hard it is to keep going.

"Oh a little bit of this won't hurt" ... that's the chatterboxes speaking and they're easy to listen to - they offer what seems like the easy option - but all they're doing is chipping away at your resolve and your confidence too. How long before you convince yourself you CAN'T do that last few pounds?

Maybe try something completely radical ... something psychological.
Next time you want a bit of bread with your soup, put it in an A5 envelope marked with something like 'EAT THIS ONLY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET TO GOAL' and put it on the table / tray alongside your soup. Same with the biscuits.

Then you'd ACTIVELY have to take them out and eat them with those words staring you in the face. Perhaps the chatterboxes would have a harder time convincing you if you had the cold hard consequences of eating them in front of you. Sounds mad but maybe the physical reminder that eating will harm your progress might just do the trick :)

Yep - OK .... I know I'm nuts! ;)

thanks i have kept myself busy........wee d over the ketostix and still in ketosis ......posted alot on here .......lizzie and russian doll thanks .....i don't want to let you down so i will think of you 2 every time that biscuit calls xxxx

Mustdoit- how much do you want to get rid of the last 19lbs?

I have got a pair of trousers that are too small and every few days I try them on and each time I can feel they are a little loser. This has helped me on a number of times.

Ignore that rebellious child in your head telling you its ok and it won't hurt. Who's in control here? It will come back an bite you on the bum.

Someone I know was struggling so allowed herself to go and have a meal that she really wanted. She only ate half of it and it made her feel sick. The good thing was though that it made her realise that all this picking just wasn't worth it and she is now comletely on the programme and doesn't give her self permission any more.

I know we all have our tough patches - for me its going to be a torment going back to regular food. Good luck with your demons - just think of them as naughty children - if you ignore them they will go away (eventually)!

thanks cake and eat it ......i'll take those thoughts on board xx

Maybe try something completely radical ... something psychological.
Next time you want a bit of bread with your soup, put it in an A5 envelope marked with something like 'EAT THIS ONLY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET TO GOAL' and put it on the table / tray alongside your soup. Same with the biscuits.

Then you'd ACTIVELY have to take them out and eat them with those words staring you in the face. Perhaps the chatterboxes would have a harder time convincing you if you had the cold hard consequences of eating them in front of you. Sounds mad but maybe the physical reminder that eating will harm your progress might just do the trick :)

Yep - OK .... I know I'm nuts! ;)

Actually think that might work for me .... only problem would be in making myself put it/them in the envelope ...

Thanks RD - will definately try to do that if i feel the urge coming on!

Hi,

Just wanted to add something to what Russiandoll said...I have a friend who was dieting and not losing anything week after week, so it was suggested to her that she put all the little bits that she wasn't recording on her tracker into a clear plastic bag. (i.e the odd biscuit, remains of the kids meals, slices of bread etc.)

By the end of the week the bag was bulging! but she always maintained that she wasn't having any extras until she had the evidence in front of her to prove that actually she was having quite a few:)

Wishing you good luck with your diet journey

Lenny

thanks lenny the scales moved this am........the irght way ...so i have been so good....just got to crack the evening xx

Back