needing help with ideas for meals ....

Hey everyone im needing meal ideas,ive been living off ham salads,backed potatoes and curry flavoured rices.lol.noticed that a few people mention they are having spag boll, chicken dinners,currys and chips all my favs.lol.how do.i go about making them and still staying within the rules.how much chicken and mince can i use.do i need to weigh it ? I think if i just stick to what im eating the now i wont benifit from the tablet as there is practacly no fat in the things im eating at the moment.would reallly.appreciate and ideas or even recipies.thanks xxxxx

Spag Bol is pretty easy to adapt
Use Extra lean mince instead of normal mince or even lean mince - sainsbury does extra lean mince.,

Dry fry mince mince in pan (med/ low heat) add onions and mushrooms etc while cooking - I Also add a knorr gel stock pot to mine adds some moisture. Once mince is cooked I then add a couple tins of chopped tomatoes - herbs and spices and let simmer for 30 mins and Is yummy. If your using myfitnesspal you can use the recipes section to add all ingredients and then work out your portion :) I use no oil at all when cooking this because I start with the mince 1st, you could use fry light spray if you want to start with onions and mushrooms 1st..

It just really depends on how you cook every thing, cutting the oil/butter out of your cooking really makes a difference :)

The lowest mice I've found is sainsburys extra lean 4.5g fat per 100g & tastes amazing!!

Curries For me are the low fat jarred sauces, there are even l/f naan breads within the rules.

I always used to Have a treat on a Saturday night, well actually it was within the rules but felt naughty, a curry or fish & chips, burgers.... I found it really helped x

Thanks guys might try that tonight :-D do i need to measure out 100g of mince and just have that i just cant seem to get my head round this.lol.xxxxxx

muffintops said:
Thanks guys might try that tonight :-D do i need to measure out 100g of mince and just have that i just cant seem to get my head round this.lol.xxxxxx

I normally have 200g mince, basically whatever you eat you need to track it x

Do you just cook for yourself or a family? the mfp diaries are good as you can take inspiration from what others are eating and it lists all the ingrediants with cal and fat content.

I do chilli's and spag bols with similar ingrediants, just switching herbs and spices around. I use steak mince - look for something 10% fat or less - I buy a 500g pack and I use half and freeze half and this is for a family of four. I bulk it out with any of the following: mushrooms, peppers, kidney beans, (sometimes baked beans!) onions, tiny cubes of carrot... just whatever I have in the house really. The 250g of mince between four works cos lots of veggies in sauce. The base sauce is just 1 tin chopped toms, tom puree and a half pack of chilli mix powder from Aldi.

When doing chicken currys I use one jar of cooking sauce and aim to find something around 70cals per 100g, there are plenty this low in cals. I use approx 400 to 450g of chicken breast and usually mushrooms too. This is also for 4 peeps. I have it with rice.

Birds eye do a variety of low fat chicken breasts all around 150 cals each which could be used with veggies for a roast type dinner or with salad and a wrap. When doing a roast I do pork or chicken and make sure I have no skin/fatty meat. I literally fill the plate up with veg so I'm not hungry.

You could have slimming world chips (u can google the instructions for these) and fried egg, quorn sausage etc, use fry light for ANY frying you do at all. it's one cal per spray and I usually add around 6 sprays.

I love to do stir frys, lots of veg and either chicken strips or king prawns and served with noodles. Just watch the amount of oil used, I tend to add 10ml oil and 10ml water together at the beginning and if it starts drying out at the end add more water or soy sauce.

Back