needing some advice please :) x

juicygooseface

♥juicy♥
just wondering what the best plan is? before a couple of weeks ago i always did EE but recently ive changed to green, only having one EE day a week, but the problem i im usually using all my healthy extras on cheese! i knew i would cos i love cheese but im thinking will this affect my weight loss? :sigh:

i havent got weighed this week cos i been exercising and when i went last week it showed a 1lb gain which made me wanna feel sorry for myself, even tho im sure it wasnt a "proper" gain as was totm and clothes were fitting me that didnt fit before! :confused::confused: :)

so i thought, right, im gona leave weighing for a couple of weeks, to stop from feeling deterred(rite word lol?) and stick to the plan and exercise too and then go back to weighing in in a couple of weeks,

so just wanting some advice on the right plan situation really? and the cheese situation.. lol im a cheese fiend! sorry for rambling thankyou for listening xxxx :):):)

I may not be much help as I've only done SW for 1 week but I really like EE as I am conscious of the 1/3 superfree rule which I know I wouldn't do on red/green. Also my big downfall for green would be rice & pasta as I could eat bucket loads of the stuff given half the chance. Perhaps EE would be better for you as then you only have 1 HEA & any extra cheese would be syns. Sorry I'm not much help x

All the plans work. The best plan for you, Juicy, will be the one that contains the foods you like as that will be the one you are most likely to stick to.

Perhaps you could stick with cheesy green days but include 1/3 superfree as that is never a bad thing to do anyway. Is your cheese salty? Maybe you are retaining fluids. Up your water intake and see if that makes a difference. Good luck.

All the plans work. The best plan for you, Juicy, will be the one that contains the foods you like as that will be the one you are most likely to stick to.

Perhaps you could stick with cheesy green days but include 1/3 superfree as that is never a bad thing to do anyway. Is your cheese salty? Maybe you are retaining fluids. Up your water intake and see if that makes a difference. Good luck.

thankyou hun im not sure if the cheese is salty i dont think it is :confused: it just tastes like babybel light lol thats a good idea about the superfree foods, maybe i should do that, i used to drink loadsa diet coke and diet energy drinks but havent had any for a few days for the first time in ages, just drinking green tea and squash and water, so im being as healthy as possible so im hoping this will help :) i will also try to drink more water, really hope i dont just stay this weight :(:( xxxx

I'm doing mainly green, although only on my second proper, so cannot report on my losses! I can't see a problem with having the cheeses as your HEB as long as you're weighing it out to the correct portions. The choice of HEB's is one of the reasons I love green days.

As for your gain at TOTM, I think this is very common. In the past I have gained as much as half a stone at TOTM. I also get terrible bloating in my stomach and thighs. If you think it will help, try and only weigh yourself once a fortnight or once a month, so you don't feel de-motivated by weekly fluctuations.

I'm doing mainly green, although only on my second proper, so cannot report on my losses! I can't see a problem with having the cheeses as your HEB as long as you're weighing it out to the correct portions. The choice of HEB's is one of the reasons I love green days.

As for your gain at TOTM, I think this is very common. In the past I have gained as much as half a stone at TOTM. I also get terrible bloating in my stomach and thighs. If you think it will help, try and only weigh yourself once a fortnight or once a month, so you don't feel de-motivated by weekly fluctuations.
thanku hunni, im thinking of doing that, as then i wont feel tempted to have something naughty cos im thinking its not working, ill just keep going and hopefully see losses as i have my final stone to lose! thanku for your help xxxxx

i used to drink loadsa diet coke and diet energy drinks but havent had any for a few days for the first time in ages, just drinking green tea and squash and water

Caffeineated drinks can make you dehydrated. Good for chucking them. Perhaps you body is just rehydrating back to normal.

Caffeineated drinks can make you dehydrated. Good for chucking them. Perhaps you body is just rehydrating back to normal.

hopefully :) i will let u know how i get on anyway, got some more working out 2 do this afternoon! xxx

hopefully :) i will let u know how i get on anyway, got some more working out 2 do this afternoon! xxx
If you're working out you need to drink SERIOUS quantities of liquid on TOP of what you would normally drink (you do drink at least 6 glasses of water a day don't you?).

I lose more weight the more I drink - it flushes the system out.

I tried EE at the start of the year and found I was only losing 1/4 to 1/2 lb a week on it, so swapped back the red/green. I'm now consistently losing 1 lb a week on this. Although EE made me eat more veg it made me forget some of the basics!

Fortunately I don't eat cheese that much so don't have your problem! (LOL my downfal is meat!) Do you buy the reduced fat varieties of cheese? The normal varieties do have a fair amout of fat in them which is something SW is making me very conscious of.

Good luck, drink lots of water, eat lots of veg and you should be fine.

If you're working out you need to drink SERIOUS quantities of liquid on TOP of what you would normally drink (you do drink at least 6 glasses of water a day don't you?).

(LOL my downfal is meat!) Do you buy the reduced fat varieties of cheese? The normal varieties do have a fair amout of fat in them which is something SW is making me very conscious of.

Good luck, drink lots of water, eat lots of veg and you should be fine.
i definately drink the right amount of water in a day, and i make sure i drinka litre of water when im exercising(i have a 500ml bottle and make sure i fill it up twice during)and then drink water after aswell. i drink about 5 or 6 cups of green tea a day now too, so know im definately getting enough fluids :)
luckily i dont really like much meat! i never buy the full fat cheeses anymore, i dont see the point as i can have more if its reduced ;) lol so havent had normal cheese in ages. im gonna do what silly sausage suggested and eat more superfree whenever possible, and will also take funky munkys advice and weigh once a fortnight! thanks everyone xxxxx

Aw thanks juicy! Im also thinking of doing this. I started sw in jan and only stuck to it for a month. In that month i lost over half a stone but i would have a big loss one week and a smaller loss or maintain the next. This really got me down the weeks i didnt lose a lot and i gave up in the end. But if i just weighed once a month and saw id lost half a stone i would be made up!!

Aw thanks juicy! Im also thinking of doing this. I started sw in jan and only stuck to it for a month. In that month i lost over half a stone but i would have a big loss one week and a smaller loss or maintain the next. This really got me down the weeks i didnt lose a lot and i gave up in the end. But if i just weighed once a month and saw id lost half a stone i would be made up!!

yeah i know what you mean! im gonna get weiged 2 weeks from now and see where im at :) r u doing it at home then? i am now, got the book but jus not going group lol xxx

Yeah decided to go it alone this time round. Think its better for me and also its a lot of money when we're trying to save. Ive still got all my books and come on here for help with syn values etc.

me too :)
any help u can ask me if u like , not saying i will know but u can always ask! xx

haha thanks hun :) xx

Back