Negative result: ketosis?

Cherryade

Ive been an angel for 9 days, last night I was at a friends and she made a sudanese dish with creamy cheese spices and some beans. I had about a tablespoon but picked out some of the beans.

Today my +++ has gone to a negative.

How long til it returns? and is this a disaster? or does it all right itself if Im super good again today?

Cherry, the +++ doesn't mean that your 'more' in the big K hun. It's a sign of dehydration. You need to aim for no more than the first two colours on the stick really. And just because you've gone to the neg end now it'll soon come back and chances are that you could still be in K and just not passing enough ketones to show on the stick. You could be just using the few that are still there that's all in which case they won't be showing. If you still have the energy and not feeling too hungry then chances are you're still in K. Try not to worry about it, i'm sure you'll soon show again but please don't think that the darker the stick the better as this is sooo not the case. If you're showing at all then you're in K. There's no such thing as being deeper into it, you either are or aren't into it. Hope this helps :)

Thanks I didnt know that! I have ketostix the ones with just one pad that you hold against the bottle. This afternoon its ++ again will make sure if I get a +++ I will drink immediatly!!

TY x

Cherry, the +++ doesn't mean that your 'more' in the big K hun. It's a sign of dehydration. You need to aim for no more than the first two colours on the stick really. And just because you've gone to the neg end now it'll soon come back and chances are that you could still be in K and just not passing enough ketones to show on the stick. You could be just using the few that are still there that's all in which case they won't be showing. If you still have the energy and not feeling too hungry then chances are you're still in K. Try not to worry about it, i'm sure you'll soon show again but please don't think that the darker the stick the better as this is sooo not the case. If you're showing at all then you're in K. There's no such thing as being deeper into it, you either are or aren't into it. Hope this helps :)

I didnt know that - that is really good to know, I thought I was just a tiny bit in ketosis because I was only the first colour change - I feel much better now, thanks!!

You're quite welcome :) I'm sure Laura C will be along at some point to agree with me as she knows far more than i do on these things..

Please don't worry about the ketostix. I never showed pink regardless of which low carb diet I did.

You will only show pink if there is a overflow of ketones into your urine (ketosis happens in the blood). If you use your ketones efficiently, you may get a beige everytime.

In fact, it can show 'pink' even if you are not in ketosis.

And purple doesn't necessarily have to mean you are dehydrated. It could mean that you have a big overflow.

I have my own result answers

Beige...you may be in ketosis
Pink...you may be in ketosis
Purple...you may be in ketosis.

It's a really easy one to remember :D

LOL Claire, LMAO love

LOL. Much of what you said was dead right. Sorry if I came over as disagreeing
Embarrassed08.gif

I just have a thing about those sticks because they've caused so much unnecessary stress on forums in the past.

I'm told the new atkins whatsit don't recommend people use them any more. Does anyone know if that is correct?

Back