Neil & Ashleigh's journey!!!

Neil&Ash

Well We joined here a little while ago after losing weight to get married and falling off the wagon so to speak,and what happened we fell of again lol.So hopefully its third time the charm and all that.
It all started for us when we deicided to get married in Olu Deniz in turkey and said we are going to lose weight for the wedding.We thought and DID nothing more about it until just over three months before the wedding it dawned on us we had to do something.We started calorie counting,ash was on 1400 calories a day and i was on 1700 with both of us doing 30 mins on the exercise bike 4-5 times a week.Well i started at a eye watering 23st 0 lbs and ash on 18 st 2 lbs(im 6 ft 4 and ash is 5 ft 2 ).Anyway by the time the wedding came round three months later i was 19st 12 lbs and ash was 15 st 3 lbs.we got married on the 28th of may 2008 and here we are 5 oct 2008 and the weight was creeping back on us.Im now 20st 6 lbs and ash is 16 st 12lbs(dont worry i asked if i could type her weight first lol).We are determined not to stop until All of the extra weight is off and then manage what we eat for the rest of our lives.So this is the start of our journey and i hope we can make new friends along the way.Onwards and upwards.:)

Good luck to both of you on your journey, I'm sure you'll make plenty of minimins friends along the way. Are you both calorie counting/exercising again?

Hi Neil & Ash!
Good Luck On Losing your Weight!
if You've Done It Before You Can Do It Again!!
Keep Us In On Whats Happening
Are you Doing Any Certain Diets? etc

Well its been a tough day today,but i find when you first get started it usually is until you get into a routine.So today we got an exercise book to write down all our calories in again,got the weighing scales back out to weigh our portions out,and went on the exercise bike again.Well iwas on the bike for the first time in ages yesterday and i though "hey its not to bad this".today was a different story,my legs were weak of the day before and getting through them damn thirty mins wasnt easy but i did it.When i got off i felt a bit sorry for myself as how much id let myself go.
9 years ago i was 21 years old and a very fit coldstream guardsman,then when i left the army i kept eating the same calorifc intake but stopped all the exercise.Well you dont need to be a genius to figure out what happened next lol.
Anyway i know it will get better as i get fitter agian and the weight comes off.
Why cant someone invent a slimming pill that you take when you go to bed and when you wake up your the perfect weight,god id buy that in a flash.

Have just got off the exercise bike and its nearly 9pm.I had to talk myself into going on.Let me say that again my wife bullied me on lol,but im glad she did as i feel great now.Had a baby blip earlier on and ended up eating somethinf from the chippy.But on the plus side i never ate all of it(so someone slap my wrist lol).

Well we are still here lol.The diet has went a bit skew wiff of late as our youngest daughter decided to take part in bunk bed gymnastics and ended up breaking her elbow quite badly and needed surgery.so we ended up living on takeaways for a week backwards and forwards to hospital,and the our eldest daughter got quite sick(was suspected meningitus but thank god was viral infection) so we had to rush her to hospital too.
So we have too hop back on the wagon again lol.At this rate if we do much more hopping we will qualify as bunny rabbits lol.But as long as we dont give up im sure we will get there in the end.

Back