Nervous About Joining.

I have been trying to lose weight for years, as I am sure most of us have. I have done Weight Watchers and been successful but then went back to my old ways and put it all, if not more back on. I got too complacent with WW and found myself trying to cheat all the time.

So, I have never done SW and thought I would give that a try instead but I am bricking it. When I started WW I had a friend that already went so just went along with her. I know no one doing SW and don't really have any one to come along with me.

There is a meeting tomorrow morning and I al really scared, which is probably unwarranted, that I am going to be too heavy for the scales or something silly. I am currently around 26 stone (can't believe I am admitting that!) and am so scared about getting on those scales.

I would be mortified, probably leave and stuff my face if I got on the scales and they said "sorry you are too heavy for them".

Can anyone reassure me that I am being an idiot please?

It wii be fine, the scales go up to about 50 stone so no need to worry. Get along to group and go meet some lovely people who all felt the same on their first nights ;) :D

You are being an idiot. OK? :)

No - seriously, don't worry. You will be fine. You won't be too heavy - chances are that the consultant has seen people heavier than you. If you can, why not ring the consultant today and explain how you feel? He or she can then reassure you and can also look out for you and talk to you when you arrive.

Aww chick, don't worry at all. Everybody is there for the same reason. You'll have loads of support and will meet some really lovely people. Best of luck and keep us updated xx

Thank you.

I knew I was being an idiot but really could not convince myself of it.

Don't think I could face phoning, again, silly I know but I find it hard enough typing this let alone talking about it. I am hoping to just go, keep my head down, get weighed and go from there. I know once I am weighed I will most likely be fine. I am just being an idiot.

No you're not being an idiot, it's perfectly normal to feel apprehensive when you join something new. Don't forget to take some extra ££ if you can just invade you decide you want to purchase some items.

Anything new is bound to be scary so it's natural to feel the way you do. There are bound to be a few other new people joining at the same time as there is a free membership voucher in Woman magazine this week so why not just hook up with one of them. I'm sure they will be just as nervous as you are. Then sit next to someone else and ask about them, how they are doing, and for their advice - everyone likes to talk about themselves and it will take the pressure off you having to think what to say. Get yourself a copy of the magazine while you are there and it will occupy your hands and be another subject of conversation. Pretty soon you will be wondering what you were worried about lol

And yes the scales go a lot higher than the weight you think you are at just now. By way of extra motivation there is a chap on one of the online groups who joined last week, he was about 40 stone and just lost 26lbs at his first weigh in! Now if that doesn't convince you nothing will :)

Good luck, not that you need it xx

26lb! Wow!

I won't hope for that much but it is definitely motivation. I have just been to the shop and got Women for the voucher, also picked up the SW magazine so will have a read of that.

I am trying to resist the urge of having "one last" takeaway tonight. For a start, I know it won't be the last because it doesn't have to be but I also don't want to use it as an excuse to stuff my face just because tomorrow will be a new start.

Thank you all, you have all put my mind at rest and I will be sure to come back here and keep you all filled in. Going to have a look round the forum and take it all in.

I can and will do this. I know it.

You should definitely give the Consultant a quick call to introduce yourself. Her details will be on the SW website and it will make you so much more confident when you walk in the door tomorrow. Best of luck. SW is great, you'll love it x

We have all been there! Walking through the door is the hardest part. Do it! It will be the best decision you've ever made!

Don't be scared. I go to group alone and whilst it was scary walking through those doors for the first time it was the best decision I made as I'm now 3 stone lighter, have more confidence in myself and have made some new friends at group. Every single person in that room is there for the same reason and have their own demons to overcome. Good luck on your journey.

When you see that number on the scales tomorrow it will be the last time you ever see it again.

Google Weight Loss Bi t ch without the spaces for a very inspirational blog, find her on facbook if you are on it as well. She posted this quote earlier “Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” - Earl Nightingale

Good luck and well done for making the start.

You sound like me on Tuesday, I was told that day to step on the doctors scales and not brake them so I was so scared about going SW alone for the first time and standing on them scales. If I can do this, someone who won't even go on a walk on my own anyone can! I went on the SW website and called my local consultant who talked to me for 30mins on the phone and who is so lovely I felt really at ease! Can't wait to go back xxx

I have been trying to lose weight for years, as I am sure most of us have. I have done Weight Watchers and been successful but then went back to my old ways and put it all, if not more back on. I got too complacent with WW and found myself trying to cheat all the time.

So, I have never done SW and thought I would give that a try instead but I am bricking it. When I started WW I had a friend that already went so just went along with her. I know no one doing SW and don't really have any one to come along with me.

There is a meeting tomorrow morning and I al really scared, which is probably unwarranted, that I am going to be too heavy for the scales or something silly. I am currently around 26 stone (can't believe I am admitting that!) and am so scared about getting on those scales.

I would be mortified, probably leave and stuff my face if I got on the scales and they said "sorry you are too heavy for them".

Can anyone reassure me that I am being an idiot please?

awwww! don't be scared. everybody is in the exact same boat as you wanting to change their lifestyle :) i'm sure everybody at class will welcome you with open arms, and everybody i've spoken too on this site is lovely :) I weighed 22 stone half a pound when I started on 29t jan this year so dont fear, your doing it for the best reasons.

Good luck love vicki xx

Thanks all!

I went this morning and am pleased to report it was no where near as scary as I thought it would be. Reading all the info now then am going to go out and do a shop.

So far so good! Onwards and downwards!

Thanks all!

I went this morning and am pleased to report it was no where near as scary as I thought it would be. Reading all the info now then am going to go out and do a shop.

So far so good! Onwards and downwards!

Fantastic! Enjoy your week, the shopping list on page 23 in your food optimising book really helped when I did my first shop xxx

Hi there, and well done for taking the first step, which by the way is the hardest. I walked through the doors of our group over 2 years ago now, on my own, didnt know anyone, and felt very nervous. I had done S W many years before then with a different consultant. She was so welcoming, made me a brew and very soon I began to relax. Here I am now, a member of the social team so go every week still, 2.5stone lighter, and a target member for 17 months! And I have made some very good friends too. We go for a skinny latte after group, a little treat, no cake mind!!! Enjoy the plan/s and let us know how you do your first weigh in. I predict a very good loss :)

Hi there, and well done for taking the first step, which by the way is the hardest. I walked through the doors of our group over 2 years ago now, on my own, didnt know anyone, and felt very nervous. I had done S W many years before then with a different consultant. She was so welcoming, made me a brew and very soon I began to relax. Here I am now, a member of the social team so go every week still, 2.5stone lighter, and a target member for 17 months! And I have made some very good friends too. We go for a skinny latte after group, a little treat, no cake mind!!! Enjoy the plan/s and let us know how you do your first weigh in. I predict a very good loss :)

I agree, I have about 10stone to lose and I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel, I think this time I just might do it :) xxx

Back