Nervous about tomorrow

Emmylou1402

Well, it's WI tomorrow, and for the first time I'm hideously nervous. It's not because I've been particularly bad, but the past three weeks have been SO good (2.5, 3.5 and 5 lbs respectively) that I'm sure I'm going to have gained!

I've lost 1 stone 8.5 lbs in 9 weeks, which I'm really thrilled with, and I've got about another four stone ish to go.

I have all my syns over the week - I tend to have one "night off" a week, I don't go stupid and try to still be "good-ish" - this week I went to Pizza Express with my boyfriend, and have worked out that I had 42 syns, which I've worked into the plan. The rest of the time, I've been "on plan", lots of superfree veggies and healthy meals.

I'm just scared that it's all going to come back and bite me on the ar$e.

I think it is perfectly normal and a very healthy attitude to be nervous. There are going to be weeks where your body thinks differently to you and rebels on the scales. The first time you get a gain can often feel like the end of the world BUT what is vital to remember is, it really isnt. Even with the best will in the world and perfect 100% weeks you may catch a gain from time to time. But as long as you dont dwell on it, and you pick yourself up and keep going the scales WILL go down again. Think of the weekly WI as a single step on a much longer journey - and if you do get a gain, it is only a small step backwards which is very often followed by a longer stride forward provided you dont use it as an excuse to completely fall off the rails.

Only the Romans built perfectly straight roads - and most journeys have crossroads, options to turn off, and curves in the road. View it this way and the journey will be a lot less stressful - as long as you keep in mind which way you are going and where you want to end up :)

Good luck for tomorrow!

Wonderfully put! x

Also it's not a night off if you enjoyed your pizza express from your syns allowance. Sounds like you've been 100% and should be very pleased with yourself! I think sometimes because you can eat so well on SW including treats the nervousness comes from just not quite believing you could gave lost weight and enjoyed so much. Good luck for another good loss x

Well I've weighed in. And I lost 3.5 lbs :eek: and got my Club 10 :woohoo: and I was SOTW again :character00100:

Best mate summed it up really well this morning - I'm now down to the weight I was when I gave up doing SW three years ago (actually got below it today :D) and so I'm scared of the success. I've always been "large" - never fat as a kid because I was so active and sporty, but since I've been a grown up (with knackered knees initially, and now ME) me and exercise don't mix. I don't know how to act as a "slimmer" person. I've always been the fat loud one. And I'm naturally not that loud :eek:!

Anyway, onwards and upwards...and good luck all of you!

well done to you :) congrats

Keep up the good work xxxxx

Well I've weighed in. And I lost 3.5 lbs :eek: and got my Club 10 :woohoo: and I was SOTW again :character00100:

Best mate summed it up really well this morning - I'm now down to the weight I was when I gave up doing SW three years ago (actually got below it today :D) and so I'm scared of the success. I've always been "large" - never fat as a kid because I was so active and sporty, but since I've been a grown up (with knackered knees initially, and now ME) me and exercise don't mix. I don't know how to act as a "slimmer" person. I've always been the fat loud one. And I'm naturally not that loud :eek:!

Anyway, onwards and upwards...and good luck all of you!

well done on your loss xxx

congratulations!! xxx

Well done!!! Brilliant loss x

Back