Nettee keeps at it for eight more weeks

Nettee

Silver Member
Just back into my target range in time for Easter.

I have set myself some new targets for 22nd May weigh in which are to be below target on that day and to do my Exercise DVD three times a week for 8 weeks between now and then.

Both very possible - 1/2lb loss per week would be fine - but I know it doesn't work like that for maintenance.........

Just keep plodding on

:sigh:

so far so not very good. School Easter holidays and I have missed two groups. I have also been eating whatever I fancy and I have not even done the DVD once.

I have just read beyond temptation and am wondering if I should give their methods a go for a change. Lots of sense in there.

First step in the book is to make it official:
I overeat.
I eat when I am not hungry and when I am being "good" I overeat celery, tomatoes, fat free yoghurts and lean meat.
When I am off the sw wagon I overeat chocolate, bread, cake, rice cakes, nuts, hot cross buns, and whatever else I can get my hands on!

There we have it - the first step of beyond temptation done.

Next step is to observe and and work out when and why.

Not sure whether to do this alongside slimming world or not. You are not supposed to have forbidden foods in the beyond temptation program. It certainly wouldn't work for the stocking up phase where you fill the cupboard with tempting foods and eat as much as you like of them!

A good day - I have had a good long walk and have worked through some of the tasks in my beyond temptation book. I am thinking about why I am eating and whether I am hungry and trying to learn about what is triggering the grazing and binging.

I am debating not doing the stocking up bit as I know I would gain weight - but the book does say it is essential so maybe a short term gain would be worth the long term benefit.

Here to subscribe! Never heard of this Beyond Temptation, but sounds interesting! Off to do some research. I'd be scared of the stocking-up phase too though! X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Squishy

Quite a Grazy morning today but a better afternoon and evening. Still debating whether or not to weigh in a group on Wednesday. It would mean I would be tied back into going for a whole until I got back into range. Could be motivating but on the other hand my mind is not in the right place for it at the moment.

well the dillemma continues - slimming world or not tomorrow?

Essentially if I go then I will need to go back to the slimming world plan and have a good go at getting back to target or below. This would be good in the short term and would stop my weight from creeping on up into the longer term. My struggle with motivation would probably continue though. Once I get back into range again would I fall straight back off the wagon? Maybe I would stop messing around, go every week and learn how to maintain. If i do go back I would be deciding that I have to continue with the internal battle to stay motivated and keep to plan. It is also getting much harder to take my 1 year old as she likes destroying all the display boards.

If I don't go I can keep my "target member" status as I was in range last time. I can go back when I am next in range and I can fully commit myself to this psychological program. I probably won't go back for quite a while in this case as i will probably temporarily gain weight. I will miss the social side of the group. However I am soon going to be working 2 days a week and I already feel I don't have time to go to Slimming world. Also it is my husband's last Wednesday off tomorrow before his timetable changes and it would be nice to spend it with him. I fear that If i don't go back tomorrow I will never go back and will put on a lot of weight and never lose it again. However I do always have the choice to change my mind and return to slimming world at any time. Perhaps I could commit myself to going back if I gain a stone over my target. However if I say that to myself then I will be thinking oh it is fine I am only 10lb over target and keep on eating!

My husband will have more evenings not on call shortly so perhaps I could change to an evening group in time.

If I am going to try to do the beyond temptation thing I don't think it should have a time limit to "work" or I will just make the most of that time to eat as much as I can and call it "stocking up" I think the idea with that is to keep buying the food until you stop bothering to eat it and it goes mouldy. I can't really believe that would happen though but you don't know until you try.

Right I think I have decided to take the leap into the unknown, go for the beyond temptation methods and see what happens. I will continue to weigh in on a Wednesday on here and to write my diary. Probably puts my diary in the wrong forum really but on the other hand I did lose the weight via slimming world in the first place and have learnt a lot from the plan about healthy eating.

wish me luck!

Right - I have gone as far as messaging my consultant to say I won't be back for a bit. Maybe that was silly as I feel I have cut myself adrift but I know the door is always open!

I have being observing my Gremlins, planning my mantras and considering my triggers.

The plan now is to keep on observing till Saturday so that I will have thought about it for a week.

Then I will start to stop overeating.

I will also buy in a lot of white bread and see how much of it goes mouldy!!! I will eat it at meal times as well as for snacks but only when I want to and I will apply the mantras etc to the bread as much as to anything else I am considering eating when I am not hungry.

I do hope this works - it would be lovely to just eat because I am hungry or I fancy a little bit of something nice without going mad and then feeling guilty.

I am quite pleased to be feeling enthusiastic and motivated again about my weight control. Nice to be back on minimins.

I am quite pleased to be feeling enthusiastic and motivated again about my weight control. Nice to be back on minimins.

Good to have you back and sounds like you're in a good frame of mind. Good luck with the weigh-in tomorrow. X

oh dear - I have made it official - just over 1/2 stone above target. This is not very good.

I am trying to hold my nerve. After all I only really take action with my new plan on Saturday and at the moment I am learning about why I eat too much so am bound to be letting myself do it more than I would usually. Also putting it down to a rebound effect of having been following a plan with rules for so long.

I will reweigh officially again next Wednesday although I am not expecting too much in the way of a loss - might even gain some more between now and then. However the following week I am really hoping that I will start to see the effect of my new way of eating. I am hoping to be less hung up about the scales as a part of all this and at least my BMI is still within the healthy range for now!

A good day today with a long walk and reasonably sensible eating. :)

ok so I have stocked up on sliced white bread and bread rolls. Was only meant to be pausing today and did that a bit and I had a bread roll sandwhich for lunch and three more for snacks. Probably reasonably as expected. Also I have got myself some full fat yogurts and I fancied trying some vanilla coke - which actually isn't that special so will be a one off. The full fat yoghurt is quite nice but I wasn't really hungry when I ate it so that was not a success for today.

A good day so far today

I have had toast and jam for breakfast and ham and mayonnaise sandwich for lunch with salad and crisps with an apple for pudding. I don't think that I have had any snacks yet - may be one other apple.

I have also done a 30s slim dvd session finally! I tried level 2 and it was ok although I do think I used to be fitter so it would be good to get back into it more regularly. perhaps I could alternate my dvds round to save getting too bored with any of them and of course do some longer walks in this nice weather.

:)

Yesterday continued in the same vain and I enjoyed a small portion of meat loaf for supper with sw chips and salad with real dressing followed by a full fat yoghurt. Also did a walk out in the sunshine which was lovely. I went for rasberries and yoghurt for breakfast thinking to myself that if i felt hungry later I could eat something else. I think I might do just that now.......

Sneaky peak at the scales this morning and actually they are going in the right direction which is a relief.

oooh I am finding this hard this afternoon. Just feel like eating something - celery, yoghurt, cracker, chocolate - doesn't matter really. I am not hungry though so just keep having to say "sshhh" and move on.

I have enjoyed a yummy lunch of macaroni cheese and some white toast and banana for my afternoon snack. I didn't finish the children's tea that was left over and I have on the whole kept out of the cupboard so I am doing well.

I think it is left over meatloaf for supper with jacket potatoes and butter which will be very tasty and worth not ruining by filling myself up beforehand.

Did my 30SS DVD today on level 3 and had a long walk. Food has mostly been good but a bit of a snack attack in the afternoon. I didn't get carried away with it though.

hoping to see a loss for Wednesday morning - the scales are being kind to me this week (although it is the TOTM for kind scales but still pleasing).

wow - a 3 lb loss! Yesterday was good until it came to the evening when we had friends round for wine and nibbles and I certainly enjoyed the nibbling. Got away with it somehow though and will not let that throw me off track. I had a snickers bar at work when I was hungry but I didn't then have another one or the chocolate bar I bought my husband at lunch time that he didn't want. Half a bread roll for my afternoon snack.

a long walk as well yesterday - plan to do my dvd again today.

:D

Toddler group this morning instead of SW - My daughter enjoyed it much more - I enjoyed it too but do miss my SW friends.

Toddler group this morning instead of SW - My daughter enjoyed it much more - I enjoyed it too but do miss my SW friends.

Ah lovely, I miss toddler group now I'm working. How old is your little lady?

Back