Never again!

Safia

Gold Member
Yuck had a smoked kipper with scrambled eggs and feel so sick :sick0019: I'm doing a fish week but had decided yesterday would only do fish for lunch and dinner so i dont know what possessed me to get a kipper for breakfast. Had one before and didnt like it so i dont know what miracle i thought would have made me like it. I think I need to go and find something to settle my quesy tummy mayb an activia!

Ha ha ha bless you! I have to reaaaaaaally fancy a kipper to eat one! SO i think i have maybe one a year - and certainly not for breakfast!

Hope you start to feel better soon! x

my hubby LOVES kippers and scrambled eggs and grilled tomatoes - has it every sunday - must admit though I don't like them AT ALL ...............

I love tinned SILD though - on toast - mashed - free - tasty & a good breakfast. NO BONES either.

Last edited:
I really like tinned mackeral but a bit bored with it so that why i wanted to try a kipper again. I think lunch will be very light, an activia and fruit will do with a cup of tea. Its day 2 of my fishy week and the kipper might just ruin the rest of the week and plus on top of that i been a bit naughty and weighed myself and it showing that im + 2 1/2! x

ive never tried it and was tempted when i went shopping the other week think you have just changed my mind lol

I love them but they are like marmite, you either love em or hate em.

Also if you can every get fresh smoked kippers they are great and taste quite different to the shop ones.

I brought mines from waitrose. I was thinking of getting two but they assistant at the counter said they would only last 1 or 2 days in the fridge and i didnt fancy to consecutive days with kippers so thank god i only brought the 1!

Yuck I agree with you. I hate them.
My mum told me I used to eat them when I was younger but I am convinced that she must have force fed me them!

lol i think that sounds great, I may have a look in my freezer for some kipper now :)

Not sure about kippers but smoked salmon and scrambled egg is nice, and surprisingly filling. Not quite as strong smelling as kipper :) I really wasn't sure about it but was nicely surprised when I tried it :)

Back