Never focus on today....

Mike, You always say the right things. I have been focusing day to day and think it is time to look at the future picture now. I can be at least 2 stone lighter by xmas day and I WILL be too.

Thanks xx

Its human nature for everyone to be different. What gets one person through a day may well send another into turmoil.

I see things from Mikes point of view, days for me go so damn fast anyhow that if i had time to think about the day ahead it would be tomorrow!

I just find myself telling myself "is eating worth a 20min pleasure when if i didnt eat then i could get years of pleasure later" Kinda works for me

Horse for ce courses

I agree partly with what Icemoose is saying that goals do keep us focused on the daily struggle with the diet which is why I set myself mini-goals but I also agree that some of us need to be thinking in "daily" terms. An early thread of mine is attached and I feel this works for me but it's something I need to be thinking about daily as well as keep focused and monitor how I'm doing with reaching my shorter goals.

Like many others the thought of succeeding and being the weight I dream of seems "such a dream" but by keeping focused every day and reading the fantastic success stories on here, I really do hope to get there.

"I think a big part of the diet and what keeps you going is actually focusing on yourself and your body and to some degree becoming slightly "self obsessed" which of course is completely alien to some us emotionally and mentally because of the issues our weight posses mentally and emotionally!

I think we should be noticing in a slighly "self obsessed" way the changes in our bodies, how our skin looks, how much easier it is to walk (or stride) up and down the stairs, how our clothes feel... etc. etc

With the miracle of this diet, these changes are happening so rapidly we need to be focused on them - it's what makes me feel good about being on the diet.:) "

Back