New and a bit confused

lis2811

I all I'm looking for a little advice, I've just joined online and it's a bit confusing coming from slimming world. Can someone break it down simply for me.
I've had my daily points allowance set and my weekly points. Do I point everything I put in my mouth? What is simply filling?, I can't navigate round the site to find all this information. I have the app which is making points a bit clearer. But am still a little confused. I'm so used to Sw it's gonna take some getting used to
Thanks in advance x

Hi Lis2811!!
Welcome - and good luck with WW.

Basically everything you eat has a points value and you need to add them up each day and stick to your daily total. On top of your daily total you have an extra 49 points for the week. You can divide these out over each day or save them up for a special night out or the weekend.

Some examples of what I am eating :

1 slice toast - 2pp
1 tsp choc spread - 2pp
chicken breast - 4pp

jacket potato - 4pp (150gms)
Salad - 0pp
Dressing - 2pp

You need to check the points value of what you are used to eating and you'll soon work out what to eat to get the most food/value from your points.

I make a lot of zero point soup as well - carrots, onions, leeks, garlic etc. Keeps the hunger at bay between meals.

I've not tried Simply Filling yet - it does seem a lot more like Slimming World as you have free food and some weekly points.

Have a good read through the website and decide which is best for you.

Best of luck with it!

Emms xx

I all I'm looking for a little advice, I've just joined online and it's a bit confusing coming from slimming world. Can someone break it down simply for me.
I've had my daily points allowance set and my weekly points. Do I point everything I put in my mouth? What is simply filling?, I can't navigate round the site to find all this information. I have the app which is making points a bit clearer. But am still a little confused. I'm so used to Sw it's gonna take some getting used to
Thanks in advance x

Right I'll see if I can make it a little easier......every food has a pp allowance i.e 50g of raw potato is 1pp. If you eat anything you have to work out the allowance for it and write it down (or remember it if you can), you add up all your pp's and it has to be what you have been allocated e.g 30dailies. The only foods that are free are fruit and veg - except parsnips, avocado, potatoes (I think thats it). Everything has to weighed (except the free foods) also to work out it pp value. It sounds difficult but it really really isn't, it may take a little planning but its very flexible. Take a look through the diary pages to see what people have done and it'll give you some ideas, my diary link is in my signature at the bottom, if you need any help or advice feel free to ask. Everyone on here is very helpful. Good luck xx

Just adding; peas and sweetcorn have a points value too :) I think it's 1 per 1 tbsp.

Hiya, just wondering if you've thought of going on ebay and having a look to see if you can get the propoints package with all the booklets. Think the website sell them too. I'm like you I need the books to check up on, but this site is brilliant too xx

Back