New and confused!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sarahlp, 9 November 2011 Social URL.

1. sarahlp

sarahlp Member

I everyone! Joined sw about 2 months ago now and have only lost 1lb in the past 3 weeks and weighed myself before class weigh in today and I've gained 2lbs this week... Really don't know what I've done wrong ('star' week??) apart from I eat loads of pasta!! But it's free on ee isn't it? Thinking ee isn't for me maybe? Or can your weight fluctuate that much when it's that time of the month??

Help! : (

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Alsmum

Alsmum Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world Extra Easy
    Many women gain when on their star week. We were taking about we and pasta at group the other day and some people find that they can only have pasta every other day to feel comfortable and lose weight. If everything else about the ee plan works for you then try not having pasta everyday. I think that although the plans do work you do sometimes have to tweek it to suit your body. Just think if the weight gain is because it is your star week then you should have a good loss next week as it is all water retention not fat storage.
    Let us know how you get on next week.

4. Frumpy Mummy

Frumpy Mummy Full Member

Welcome and good luck, im doing ww. Did sw years ago and lost 2 stone but when I tried it again after having my daughter it just didnt work. Thinks its because im so greedy and dont realise when im full so being able to eat vast amounts of carbs just didnt work for me. I find ww makes you realise about portion control which is what I need. Are you eating your 3rd superfree cause from what I remember thats really important on ee? :)

5. sillysta

sillysta Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.12%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Try going easy on the pasta this week and see what happenes i seen a woman who gained because she was having 2 bananas a day some diets class bananas as 2 fruits she cut them out and started losing again who would have thought a fruit was haulting her weaight loss just try it see what happens x

6. sarahlp

sarahlp Member

Well....I didn't go to weigh in last week as I was showing 4lbs heavier at home...but went today and showed 2lbs gain (glad it wasnt 4!)..been to the gym 4 times this week as well! Oh well...I think it's all the little things I'm not counting as syns!! Also if I'm honest with myself not been having 1/3 super free! X

7. sillysta

sillysta Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.12%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    If you don't stick to the diet it won't work you need to count every little bite our slimming world lady read us a poem the other week about picking at foods and she added them all up at the end it was 20 syns. i had a small piece of cheese cake the other day without checking first 22 syns. Also do you weight you a's b's and syns??.... try and start a fresh this week don't give up you can do it :)

8. babypat

babypat Gold Member

Hi good luck on ur weight loss journey.

9. sarahlp

sarahlp Member

Yay lost 4lbs this week so it's started moving again! Cutting back a bit on the pasta, making sure 1/3 is super free and counting all syns! Ee really does work! X

10. sillysta

sillysta Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.12%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Well done.....glad its working better fir you :)

Mini likes this.
  11. little miss helpful

little miss helpful Member

12. Ruth_Harris

Ruth_Harris Just keep swimming

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world Extra Easy
    Welcome to the forum :)

13. goldenpenny

goldenpenny Member

Start Weight:
    22st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(10.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done - EE works for me too!

Last edited: 27 November 2011
  14. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Pleased you have joined us.

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.